The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lass's Tear

5 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Lass's Tear - Page 10 Empty Re: Lass's Tear

Post  Djehuty Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:43 pm

"That's just it," she caught Liam's eyes, "NONE of you need me," The pain in her voice caught, and she refocused her attention on Liv.

The mists shrouded the field like a flux fog, dragging at Liv's limbs and senses until it sank back into the ground. The carefully tended sand disappeared somewhere into a circling fog bank, studded at random with doors. Large stones dotted the space, and at its center stood a raised gazebo, its concave roof carefully joined to the supporting lattice work. Vines wove in and out among the slats, some bearing ripe fruit, others covered with delicate white and pink flowers that trembled in the thermals as they rose from the clean, white sand.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:51 pm

I glance up at her "Lily, it isn't about needing you." I pause for a moment "To us you are part of our rag tag family that is why Liv Kaija and I came looking for you." my hand twitches for a moment "do you think we would have come this far for no reason at all?" then shaking my head for a moment "I lost my manners I asked, it is your turn Lily. "
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:57 pm

"I don't need a family," Lily's hand tightens in Liv's hair, then loosens self-consciously. "I need to be used, or what point is there? Everything has it's function! So why don't I?" Her voice rises bit by bit, and the door cracks as the guard looks in to check. She glares at him, and the door slams.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:04 pm

I rock back as if slapped "Lily you aren't a 'Thing' you are a person. you laugh, you cry, you sleep, you eat, you breath, and you bleed." my voice gets low "And believe me that is a gift like you don't know. as far as a function. that occurs naturally. Liv is our caretaker. Dejhuty well, he takes care of her. Sori keeps life interesting is a polite way to word it. Kaija and you, you are like the kid sisters to all of us both as different as night and day, but both as valued not because of what you can do but because of who we recognize you to be. both Irreplaceable" I shrug "Besides you were the one who got Kiou to calm, she about ran liv and sori through to come look for you" I deliberately leave off my own place in our rag tag group sure she will notice
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:17 pm

"Families die, shatter, break. I don't need a new family." Her eyes glisten. "And Kiou doesn't need me; why would she when she has the hot headed bimbo to take care of her? I am a key, remember? I open and close doors, my function and purpose. Everything else is poison."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:21 pm

"Yes, they can Lily" I don't have the heart to argue that one "and Sori can only do some things, Kiou still cares for you and respects you." I sigh "This place can kill goodness like no other. You are a key yes, but you are Lily. the two are not mutually exclusive. At least come home long enough for a proper good bye and see that you are needed for reason you don't want to see"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lass's Tear - Page 10 Empty re:Tears

Post  Liv Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:47 pm

I look about, slow. Slow. Look, listen, think.
The silence is deep, the shushing of the wind in the leaves the only sound. Nothing. Nothing save the flowers in the wind.
"If you are here, then speak with me." I state quietly. If anyone is here at all...
This bloody teenager's mind is getting stranger all the time. I can only hope I will do a good, and not a harm. And I hope I can get out of here. Soon. I don't like this at all.
"Come, and speak with me. If you like."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:59 pm

The woman stepped from the gazebo, dressed in a white kimono, embroidered flowers stitching so fine as to almost grow and bloom in the cloth. The broad hat and pale veil clouded her features, but her head turned toward Liv, tilting to one side in a questioning manner.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:04 pm

Carefully, I bow. "My lady." Now who-what-the hell is this?
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:10 pm

The woman shakes her head at the formality and motions Liv in after quickly looking around.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Lass's Tear - Page 10 Empty re:tears

Post  Liv Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:12 pm

Warily, I step forward. The flowers on her kimono bloom, as if expressing their wearer's excitement. But I can't see her emotions. Not even a flicker. Now that's unnerving. It's a little like being blind.
"What?" I ask carefully.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:06 am

"You are welcome," the tantalizingly familiar voice returned, as the figure bowed. "Please come and share a meal with my family." She guided Liv in gently pulling against her resistance to a place where Sori sat, splendid in a skirted tuxedo. "This is my beloved." she introduced Sori before seating Liv and kneeling opposite her bride at the low table.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:14 am

I stare for a moment. And I thought it had been odd before?
This has to be some sort of symbol. Better just to play along, for the moment... I take my seat, the joints in my knees popping.
"I'm grateful for your hospitality."
It's then that I realize that both figures are eating a heart, laid out on the table and cut into paper-thin slices.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:22 am

The Sori and other eat with relish, offering Liv plates prepared in many ways, but all sharing the theme of a raw heart laid bare. "Our guest isn't enjoying herself," the Sori comments to her bride. "Is she sick?" The other shakes her head, the veil rising softly to show her jaw before falling back into place. "She's not really here." she takes Sori's hand and pulls it under the edge of her veil to her cheek and presses into it. "Its just we two from now on, love."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:39 am

This whole thing is getting uncomfortably surreal, and coming from a girl born in Kindred lands that's saying something.
"You are right. I don't belong here." I state, "And I'd like to get back where I ought be. Do you know the way?" I flinch as the false Kiou dabs daintily at her hidden lips. The napkin comes away red.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:47 am

They ignore her, wrapped up in each other, arms stretching and grasping possessively over the table, twining and binding together. "Mine alone," the words roll over and over again from neither girl but from the single mass of twisting limbs. "Mine alone, mine alone.... mine... mine..."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:53 am

I frown. The show isn't anywhere near erotic. It's disgusting. Is this what Lily thinks of love? I don't want to see this. I turn, intent on leaving, pulling open the door of the gazebo.
It's immovable.
I growl, and tug harder. I want out, right now. I need to get out.
To my surprise, light runs up my arm, up the new tattoo, along with a zipping tingle. And the door springs open, and I fall out into...
Lily and Liam are staring at me with concern. I sit up slowly, shaking my head.
"Well...that was interesting." I look up at Lily. "You, my girl, have the strangest head."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:03 pm

Lily growl like a wounded animal in a trap, eyes on Liv's.

"Just... Get... Out." she glares at Liv before flicking her gaze to Liam. "I'm not your little sister to take care of, I'm not yours to protect, so leave." Her voice adopts an almost sing-song quality that blends with the anger, making it almost seem flippant. "If you need me, buy my time from the Nightshade, but otherwise, go."

She roughly pushes Liv away from her and flops back on the bed, closing her eyes in dismissal.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Lass's Tear - Page 10 Empty re:tears

Post  Liv Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:06 pm

For a long moment, I stare at her.
"Well enough." I pull off my satchel, and dig through it. "I've saved up eleven thousand pounds. I know where I can get another six thousand. Will that buy your contract?"
That gets her to open her eyes.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:10 pm

"Go see the Belladonna. She sets the price, not me." Lily rises on an elbow to stare at Liv. "Leave me to my own. She assigns me, I'll come as suits her."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:18 pm

Anger roils up my chest. "Fine, you childish, selfish little brat." I snap, "I'll go and buy that black-haired old baggage off for you, if that's what it takes. If it takes a signed contract to get your attention, if that's what you hold faith with, then fine, I'll pay and I'll sign. Maybe then you'll see sense. But somehow I doubt it." I turn on my heel, slamming the door of her room open. The guard steps forward, and I snarl at him, teeth long and bared. "Back off."
In the audience chamber, I drop the credit sticks and wads of cash down disdainfully in front of Belladonna. "I'm buying the girl's contract. Eleven thousand dollars up front, another six thousand if you need. Two weeks I want her with us." I glare up at the woman. "That's my offer."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:24 pm

"No."

Belladonna crossed her arms and settled into her seat. "I don't want you distracted when you face my mistletoe, River Queen. You may purchase her when you claim your authority, not before, and at a price I will name." She smiles, showing teeth with a faint red stain in the low light.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:28 pm

"Look." I say tersely, "I have someone in my care who's hurt in the head. Lily's a mid worker. I need her now, not in some unknowable future that I have doubts about myself. I have no more time for riddles and games. I need her. And I'm paying. That should be enough for you."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:32 pm

"You don't understand how the game is played, child." Belladonna leaned forward. "I don't need what you have, but you need what I have. Come back when you offer me something of value."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:39 pm

With a low, long growl that I can't seem to stop, I turn on my heel, my head held high, and stalk out.
I don't say a word all the way home. If I do I'll say something I'll regret. I'm so angry, so confused, that I don't trust myself to say anything at all.
Damn stupid girl-kit.
Damn bitch, that weedy old black baggage.
Damn the whole thing.
I slam the apartment door behind me. Then, with a roll of my eyes for my own stupidity, I turn and open it. "Sorry Liam. Trust me to let my anger distract me."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum