The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You make me bulletproof...

5 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

You make me bulletproof... - Page 4 Empty Re: You make me bulletproof...

Post  Kamurei Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:34 pm

"Some man gave her a kiss in exchange for her dreams. During the kiss he made her swallow something." Kiou said flatly with a sigh as she calmed. Liam was not her enemy and if she intended to marry him that being somewhere near cordial would have to happen sooner or later. "I think he called it a chip or something..."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:39 pm

My eyes subconsciously roll up a little as I search through things I have heard "When it attached was it euphoric or painful?" my fingers twitching as i count off the possibilities "because there could be an override for it so that you could access it too, I am not that good with tech but I am passable" I leave out that this is excluding the alchemy based tech from alternate worlds.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:42 pm

She shifted a bit obviously uncomfortable with this line of discussion. "It... It was pleasurable at first before it was given. Then... It was painful for her. So bad even I felt it."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:46 pm

I shake myself when i notice she is getting uncomfortable, "Ok that narrows it down to a couple of types of implant chip from an alternate earth." I trail off "sorry, I may ask for more information later but for right now, that is more then enough, If i come out of my room singed or lacking eyebrows don't worry just means I got some wiring wrong, either one of you is welcome to see the project whenever. Just need to make sure it is Liv Proof" I chuckle at the end. "and Beast is a good name for the little ball of fluff" I add to sori
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:52 pm

i poke beast softly on the nose and he reaches out and bites my finger playfully "you hear that? youre beast now ok?" i say to him he barks at me.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:11 pm

I shrug and grab some water, "Time to make another alchemy based monstrosity that will probably get me killed this time" to those who know me it is gallows humor. though I wonder how Kiou will react. Regardless I don't have time to dwell on it, as I make my way out of the room, the gears in my head already turning on how to make the serpent below the griffin hill our asset instead of our liability. if this device works it will all be worth it.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:07 pm

Kiou watched him go and shifted as she was torn. Part of her wanted to stay and grill Sori more but the other half needed to make sure Liam did not kill himself. With a heavy sigh, she shuffled after him. "Wait. Tell me how to access the information and I will try to help you. I cannot have you dying."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:12 pm

Hearing the request "Then I will need to ask you more about what happened when the chip was implanted." It isn't a question, "there could be any number of ways to access it but I will simply need to know more. Sorry if that makes you uncomfortable." it is a weak apology but the best I can offer. "What triggered it in the past, was it verbal or visual, things like that."
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:16 pm

Kiou nodded slowly as she followed him. "I'm not sure... It only works for her but she doesn't use it very much. Last time she used it, she was... picking out pieces in a store..."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:20 pm

"Yes she was helping me build an MP3 player for Liv as a gift, I have heard her complain about breaking electronics alot" I supply " there are a couple ways we can test this, if you want to go the long and arduous way, or there is an easy way, and No i don't mean letting the other kiou out, we are going to need all the able hands we can get in a few days."
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:22 pm

"Why give two options if there is an easy choice? What drawback does the easy choice have versus the longer choice?" Kiou watched him closely at the mention of not releasing her other self. Bringing up that kind of information, without accusation could be either a good thing or a very bad thing.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:27 pm

"Because the easy way, would involve you asking her the questions I pose to you. Otherwise we test to see what triggers it if anything at all when you are in control." The answer seems to make sense to me "it is all a matter of how much time you are wanting to spend in a room with a 'barbarian' as your forebears would have called me." I shrug turning to my desk with all the parts strewn across it and beginning to organize them. "The choice is yours
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:36 pm

Kiou stares at him a moment as she thought over his proposition. Asking her other self would indeed make this quick. However, asking her might also give her the strength to leave. "I cannot ask her. I will talk the long way." She watched him honestly not caring if he was a barbarian or not.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:44 pm

I nod Lifting the first component "What is this?" the real answer being a Nacrogen enhanced negative capacitor, But she would have no reason to know this. "and if you can What is it for?" sudden and violent discharge of negative energy fields meant to destabilize matter.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:45 pm

"I have no idea." She eyed him closely as it discharged. "Why is it doing that?"
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:57 pm

I glance at it to see it sparking "Sorry, okay this is Capacitor, It just still had a small charge in it from it's last use, nothing to terrible." Other then that it could have taken off my hand. I watch her reaction as I speak wondering if my words click anything in her head.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:00 pm

Kiou watched him and looked at the object before shaking her head. "Perhaps another item?"
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:08 pm

"Catch first," I smirk waiting for the last spark before tossing it to her "I will pick a different one. I lift one of the flux calibrators used to stabilize the energy fields for the reaction of the device
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Kiou caught the part and held it unsure of what to do. "What do I do now?"
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:15 pm

"See if handling it helps you know what it does, there are markings on it, what do they say?" basic utilitarian marking, showing what wattage it takes, the amount of nacrogen enhancing the effect. "After all we are trying to get you the info aswell"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:41 pm

She held the device and turned it over in her hands as she inspected it. One last spark of discharge left her helping and dropping it. Her hands burned and stung as she looked down at it. "Was that... Normal?" Her eyes got a far away look for a moment before she grit her teeth in pain as she got a slowly growing migraine.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:44 pm

I glance up "Not unless you are a trained engineer or alchemist" I start then seeing her eyes closing I stand and move in front of her crouching down "Hey Look me in the eyes ok, let me see if they are becoming photo-sensitive or anything" I am careful not to lay hands on her, I don't know the extent of her training and this floor is hard. "slow breaths come on now"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:57 pm

Kiou took slow breaths as he helped her to kneeling. "Why... Why was that like that. ". She fought not to do anything that might make her passed out. "My head hurts...". Hers eyes were oddly unfocused and moved between focused and unfocused.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:02 am

"Where does it hurt?" i gently touch her hand "Point to it will you? the electrical shock may have kick started the chip, I am not positive, so it may be re-routing it's integration, or doing a self upgrade" Or it could be burning in your spinal column "slow breaths come on now," I keep my tones soothing soft, panic will serve no purpose nor will it help.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:10 am

"Everywhere?". Kiou's breath came harder as she tried to cope. And then all at once she went rigid and yelped. The chip buried deeper in her brain and gave her a skilful dissident as the information was given to her as well.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum