The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out and About

5 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Out and About - Page 3 Empty Re: Out and About

Post  Kamurei Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:16 pm

The world ripples and I whimper and Liv's words snap me back to attention and focusing with my piercing withe hot brain. A net made of needles drags across my brain as I focus on her despite myself. "I... He wanted dreams.. and.. and a kiss..." My accept is improving on it's own and language continues to install itself first.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:30 pm

"Shit," Lily sits hard. "And he had you dizzy and confused till he got you to say yes; your emotions flitted like a butterfly every time he touched you." She shakes her head, groaning. "Taught me the hard way, and now you."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Out and About - Page 3 Empty re:out and about

Post  Liv Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:33 pm

I glance questioningly at Lily, and then shake my head. Later. Anguish rolls through Kiou's mind. Damn, I pushed too hard. "Okay, Kiou, relax. You'll be okay, it's just going to be a few minutes." I turn. "Lily, Kaija, find a bench or something, we all need to sit down and take it easy." I study the girl. I can't fix that emotional damage. Mental wounds aren't like the physical kind. You can't tell them not to be there the way you can with the body; the body follows a basic template for health, complex in its own way but easily understood. The mind is much more fluid, much less organized, and not nearly so safe to tamper with. The best I can do is put the mental equivalent of a local anesthetic and bandages on, and hope to the Mother that the healing goes right on its own.
"I think I can take away the pain, Kiou. Do you want me to?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:39 pm

I fight to relax and pant heavily as the voices finally start to retreat. My mind still feels as though it is splitting in half but at least I do not have the chorus adding to the pain. "He... He said it was a chip... Made me swallow it... Can... Can you help with that?"
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:51 pm

I cock my head...then slowly nod to myself. "I think I know what he sold you. A language implant. I've heard about them; fairly common in the Nightside. Implants in the brainstem and lets you understand any language you hear. They're worth a lot; I guess he thought it was fair trade. I could probably get your body to reject it, if you want. Up to you, though, considering how much you paid for it. The bastard ought to have explained the exchange, but he has given you something nearly equal in return for what he took, I'll give him that."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:09 pm

The voices quieted further and I shake my head ever so gently. "No... He... he said it was... He said... It would let me understand technology and languages. That I... I could understand you now." A throbbing ache continues in my mind as I speak.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:18 pm

"Kiou, do you want to keep it, or be rid of it?" I ask gently. "It's up to you."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:23 pm

I bit my lip and look to Lily finally realizing there are in fact other people there besides Liv. "I.. I want to keep it. I want to be able to hear you all and understand... I will never know any of you or be able to call for you outside of our home without it."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:30 pm

I nod. "Well enough. But let's get rid of that pain at least..." I sing a long series of notes, reaching into the tiny nerves and blood vessels within and around the skull. Relax. You've no need to work so hard. Nothing is wrong. Everything is fine. Stop sending chemical panic messages. The danger is passed.
"Better now?" I ask. "The pain in your head should stay gone, but if it comes back, say so, okay?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:33 pm

i take a cigarette out of my pocket and light it with a flick of my wrist "so uh what now?".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:34 pm

Slowly the pain in my head simply leaves me as Liv sings. I may never fully understand how she does that, but I will never get tired of hearing her songs either. "Thank you." I bow my head deeply to her; pressing my forehead against the floor. "I am in your debt."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:35 pm

"No payment between friends." I say with a smile. Then I look Sori up and down. "And now we get you some decent clothes and shoes that fit, GI Jane."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:37 pm

i sigh a puff of smoke coming out of my mouth and put my hand in my hair "dont remind me please we used to be taller and wider we also had terrible sense of clothing".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:42 pm

"Then the madame doesn't think much of who she was?" Lily smirks, "Cause I can say that at least your better to look at, Rocky."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:43 pm

i increase the degrees in the air around her head just enough to make it frizzy give her a cold stare and step on the cigarette butt.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:46 pm

"No catfights in public, please. It's not ladylike." I throw in, earning me a glare from Lily and a giggle from Kaija.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:47 pm

i just sulk "i find no joy in killing or severely maiming people anymore anyway".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:48 pm

Pulling a tie from a pocket, Lily smiles sweetly, and, glancing at Liv for a half moment. "Oh you poor dear, left at the mercies and whims of that man for so long." she says, binding her hair, "That brute, so hot headed and impulsive."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:49 pm

i smile for a moment as i turn the air in her lungs a little bit hotter "coarse throat dear?".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:50 pm

Coughing, Lily growls, touching her chest. "Bitch; take the joke and walk away."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:51 pm

i pout and drop the heat "i find no joy in tormenting you anyway".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:52 pm

"Hey, come on, seriously, lay off!" I interject, "This is an outing, not a colliseum. We're here to have fun, and Kiou hasn't seen anything interesting yet. So play nice."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:54 pm

Lily glares hotly at the girl, then turns back to Kiou, sucking on her tongue for moisture. "Feeling any better?" she offers hoarsely.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:12 am

"Yes, thank you." I smiled weakly at Lily. "I never imagined that such horrible things could be draped in such innocent wear. I doubt I will ever truly be able to grasp this place if there are people like him running about." I sigh softly.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:15 am

i amuse myself by burning small parts of lilys hair when she isnt looking and smoking another cigarette "so what are we doing?".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum