The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out and About

5 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Out and About Empty Out and About

Post  Liv Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Out on the streets, we keep together, going a little slower than usual to accomadate Kiou's pace as she stares at everthing; the shops, the patrons, even the night sky with its jewel box of stars around the great round moon. "Pretty isn't it?" I call over the noise of the traffic and the crowd as we move from the Sherlocks into the more modern sections of the Nightside, then pull her back from the curb. "Stay away from the traffic, it can be dangerous."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Out and About Empty Re: Out and About

Post  Kamurei Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:34 pm

I try to remind myself to breath as the sheer size and complexity of this place begins to overwhelm me. All of this living inside of a cave? "I... I have much to learn... I fear I cannot learn all in my life." My accept comes heavy but I have no way of telling Liv just how small I feel right now.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:40 pm

*I know how you feel,* I smile at Kiou. "I was a slave once, so having the chance to see all of this is pretty amazing."

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:46 pm

I grin. " I felt the same way the first time I stepped into a city myself. Bit of a shock, but you'll get used to it.Though the Nightside will shock anybody, it's pretty wild. Come on, up this way!"
Mammon Emporium seems to take up miles of space, and getting through its parking lot is an adventure in itself, with cars growling or watching us, revving their motors warningly or sneakily throwing out tendrils to trip. It's a relief when the mall doors whoosh open, releasing the smell of cleaning supplies, foods of all descriptions and spicy, intoxicating perfume.
The Emporium is like the platonic form for every mall that ever existed, stores upon stores endlessly stretching away into the distance, people and things bustling in every direction. I turn, and hold out my arms with a grin. "Welcome to the Mammon Emporium! Wild, isn't it?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:48 pm

*I have something to show you* I say to Kiou *Come with me? Your friend can come with if she wants...*

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:56 pm

I just stand and stare slack jawed at the immense size of this marketplace. "How does it not fall and kill everyone? I... I don't know what say... This... This is incredible." Kaija's voice comes into my mind and I look to her. "What you want to show me? Why not speak? I need to learn in listening." My English flows faster than I have time to correct to make it grammatically correct.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:00 pm

"Aren't you listening either way?" I say it half in voice and half in mind. "So, coming or not?"

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:08 pm

I look between Liv and Kaija nervously as I am uncertain which to choose. "i... I want rather not take side..." My nervousness was beginning to degrade my English further. "I.. I want to see ... but I... I know Liv have thing to show too."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:10 pm

Reaching backwards, I pull my hair into a tight, familiar braid then await further guidance from Liv.

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Out and About Empty re:out and about

Post  Liv Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:11 pm

"No worries, we're in no hurry and I'm in the mood to window shop anyway. Lead the way, Kaija, and while you're at it do me a favor and make sure you help her out with mental shields, will you? We don't want anyone walking in uninvited." I call. It's too dangerous to walk around here with an open mind.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:15 pm

Bowing my head slightly, I turn to Kiou and Liv, "Well, when I first came, I got to hear the stories first, so I wanted to show Kiou something she would enjoy. Call it, a berserker's attempt at a kind gesture?" I say as I place up several mental guards in Kiou's mind and march her to the front of a huge kimono shop.

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:19 pm

I grin. "Oh, Fancy's! I remember this place! I loved it! Nice choice, kid!"
At first glance, the kimonos seem simple, until you notice that one is made from cloth-of-gold, one is subtly swirling with changing colors, and one has dragons woven into the fabric that are moving, crawling and twining through the designs. I turn to the others. "Who's in the mood to try things on?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:23 pm

I watch the clothes weave and move of their own volition. "They are... beautiful." I go to one and run my hand down the back of a winding dragon. "They are so pretty... Why is a place like kimonos here?"
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:24 pm

"Well, this isn't a normal place...."

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:35 pm

"They're dream clothes! Literally! Everything in here is fabricated out of some dream someone's had. It's really fascinating what you find in here. Come on girls, safari time!" I shoot a glance at Lily. "Safari means look, don't touch, by the way." She rolls her eyes, but I think she took the message.
We spend a wonderful time pulling crazy outfits off the rack, testing them, trying them on. But after a little time, I glance up from a dress that has storm clouds and rain rolling across it, with lightning at the hem. "Hey girls? Where's Kiou?"
After a few minutes, we realize it. She isn't in the store.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:47 pm

My black hair swirled in wonderful, mysterious tendrils. It was a little long for a man's but I had no choice, 'twas my Order's way. I saw the girl coming near me, the one to become my prey. Walking up to her, I set my hand on the kimono she held in her hand. An old man's face shone upon it, smiling up at her as though pleased. "Why, hello, girlie! What brings a bonnie lass to these parts of the Dream?"

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:59 pm

I jump a bit as the man's voice startles me before I look at him. His face alone is pleasing enough and I cannot stop the blush that fills my cheeks. "I am with friends. They show me these." I showed him the kimono I'm investigating. "They are well made."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:01 am

"They are no where near your great beauty, lovey" I say with a smile on my face, "Come, may I show you a jewel befitting only your eyes?"

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:03 am

"Y-You may..." I find myself wondering if all men in the Nightside are like this. Making advances in pubic is simply embarrassing and part of me simply wants him to go away and write me poetry like a civilized man.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:05 am

Bowing low, I reach for her hand. Once hers is firmly in mine, I walk her slowly outside to my little kiosk. I deliver her to the chair waiting only for her and plant a light kiss on her smooth cheek. "Will you wait while I write a poem about your wondrous face?"

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:08 am

"Y-Y-yes...?" My cheeks are burning too deeply to think straight. Since when are men this forward; ever?
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:11 am

Smiling into her eyes, I kiss her neck softly. "Before I draw my pen," I say slowly and wondrously, "would you like to see the gem I promised?" At her eager nod I reach into a small drawer and pull out a little computer chip. "It is like nothing" I say gesturing madly with my arms "that you have ever seen before."

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:16 am

I wait patiently to see this gem that he has. I can feel a pressure in my mind as the other Kiou tries to speak but I press her back. Now is not the time for her to be released. This is no place for a mad woman. "I look forward to seeing it." My blush still continues to warm my cheeks.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:20 am

I place the chip in the palm of my hand and extend it towards her, "This little bugger grants you all knowledge of everything technological. And its yours for a right small price" I say, kissing both sides of her neck and nibbling lightly on her left collarbone.

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:22 am

"What.... What kind... of price?" I'm beginning to lose control of my English as his words are affecting me. "And... And how it teach?"
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum