The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Tale of Two Strongholds

4 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

A Tale of Two Strongholds - Page 6 Empty Re: A Tale of Two Strongholds

Post  Kamurei Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:41 pm

I sip my tea and sigh softly. "Lily answered many of my questions... As well as helping me in the bath... I know that this place is alive and it provides for you. I know that you claim to be human yet possess spiritual powers." Slowly, she looked to Liv; really looked at her. "I know you change shape. Your other form appeared... to be nice. Perhaps... Perhaps next time I bathe you would be willing to show me again?"
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:44 pm

"Kiou" I said as I thought it into Liv's head, working to correct her silently, "Do you have any questions for any of the rest of us?" I smiled slightly and sat beside her.

Kaija

Back to top Go down

A Tale of Two Strongholds - Page 6 Empty re:Strongholds

Post  Liv Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:50 pm

I blink. "Wait a tick. I thought the name you wore was Kunishi?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:57 pm

I look between Kaija and Liv unsure of who to answer first. "I... My family name is Kunishi. My personal name... Is Kiou." My gaze looks to Kaija. "What..." I pause as I try to figure out what I want to ask first. "What is it that you do? Liv can.. can change her form and sings beautifully. Lily seems quite adept at... procuring things she desires... But, what is it that you bare as your own?"
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:18 pm

I smile at the proud little smile on Kaija's lips. Lily looks less pleased...almost uneasy. "She's our little Jean Grey, our Kaija is." I glance at Kunishi-no, Kiou's- blank expression. "Sorry. Geeky reference. Blame the 80's-er, nevermind. Kaija can reach into the minds of others with her will. You've seen her speak without moving her lips. That's just the smallest bit of it. Pretty impressive stuff. When she keeps it under control. When she doesn't it gets a little loud." I wink at Kaija, who grimaces.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:24 pm

I listen to Liv a little confused but nod hesitantly regardless. "So my she can reach into my mind and speak to me... That is... A very mysterious and powerful thing..."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:27 pm

"Not to mention indelicate," Lily snorts, lifting her glass of tea. Djehuty, now dressed and on his way to the kitchen, pauses to give her a hard look under which she quails, before continuing on his way.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:29 pm

I shrug. "Fairly common, here in the Nightside. We'll teach you how to protect agianst it. Don't worry, anybody can do it with a little practice. Lily's grand at it if you're looking for teachers. I can show you a few tricks as well, if you're interested." I sip at my mug. "By the way, mind if I ask...what was that word you called me? Tanuki? Is that a word for shapeshifter?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:35 pm

My gaze watched lily as Liv speaks of her being a teacher. I imagine I wouldn't mind learning things from her and smile lightly. Liv's question tugs at my attention and I bend to it. "It is... one of many. Tanuki are tricksters by nature. They are animals that take human form but always fail somehow during the change. Normally they forget about their tails."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:43 pm

I grin. "I'll have to learn some of those tales. Trickster stories always bring a good crowd." Her brow furrows, and I explain. "My work is that of bard, a singer and storyteller, and I'm always on the lookout for stories. But by those standards, I'm a pretty poor shape shifter. My mother's a Dratsie. We only have one other shape that we take with ease, and that's the otter. It's our totem, our...the spirit that protects my people, like the dragon protects your emperor."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:53 pm

I think on this and try to process it. Dratsie is such a hard word to say let alone try and accept it. her analogy makes some sense to me though and it eases the knowledge a little. "I see... Are there others like you here?"
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:56 pm

I nod. "Oh,yes, there are a lot of Kindred-fae, you usually call them- about in the Nightside, all sorts. Don't ever call them faeries. It's rude. But not so many Dratsie. Most Dratsie are homebodies. I'm sort of the odd duck."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:13 pm

I smile as I wonder if Liv always makes it a habit to invent words to make herself clear. I know she is trying to explain something but all I feel is more lost and confused on the topic. Regardless, I smile at her and pretend as though I understand what she is saying.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:16 pm

Brown confusion washes through her head, and her eyes are blank. My smile falters. "You didn't get any of that, did you?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:22 pm

I find myself chuckling nervously. "I believe that much of what you say is.... Well it is that..." My eyes dart to Lily for help before looking to the floor. "No..."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:31 pm

I sigh. "Damn. Sorry, I didn't explain that well. Okay.." I set down my cup. "Kiou, the Nightside is a place where the laws of nature aren't as solid. They're loosened. Because of that, creatures from other places can get here, can feel at home here. Some of them are like my mother, we're....we're another kind of men, the same way that a hawk and an eagle are both birds of prey, yet very different. Other people and things are from other times, from the past, like you, or from the future. Some are from other worlds, worlds far away, or...other places, where life grew differently. Some of them are very normal, for their kind, like me. Some of them are special for their kind, with gifts, like Kaija and Lily. And some of them are very dangerous, some insane. You'll meet a great many people and things here. And you must be careful, because you never know who's dangerous and who's not. You understand?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:36 pm

I take in Liv's words like a sponge before nodding. "Yes, I understand." Worry sets in me that this place may be worse than I had first thought. "I think... I think I will need to have a place to practice my sword skills. If this place is as dangerous as you make it out to be... Then I will need to get better with the blade." I sigh softly. "I have no gifts like you all do. It is... the only real thing that I have."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:40 pm

"I'm sure the apartment will provide somewhere." I say, nodding, "And Liam and Kaija are good fighters. You can practice with them. But don't worry too much, we know the safe places in town. You'll be fine.And if you're feeling vulnerable, you can learn things here, things to defend yourself with, to give you an edge." I smile. "The fact that you haven't panicked too bad yet tells me you'll do fine here."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:49 pm

I shift and sip my tea as the topic of learning is thrown out. I have always enjoyed learning. "What kinds of things is there to learn? Like your change in shape?"
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:51 pm

Lily sits forward a bit as a look of concern crosses Kiou's face, but sensing no change, she relaxes a mite. "Any number of talents could be learned, many to be bought for a trifle, and if you can figure out the trick to using them, they can be made to work for you." she smiles, clenching her fist.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:57 pm

I nod, studying Lily. "True. I was born knowing how to Change, I probably wouldn't be a good teacher. But I'm sure someone could teach you shapeshifting probably, and others could teach you other things. If you know where to look, you can find anything here. Including things you wish you hadn't."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:00 pm

"Such as that demon in the alley?" I look to Liv. "I wish a hadn't seen him."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:03 pm

I smirk. "Now him I can teach you how to deal with. He was a satyr, one of my...one of the Kindred. A dumb one. You just have to out think things like him. It's easy."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

My mind wonders why Liv stopped but I find myself nodding anyways. "I would like to know anything and everything you are willing to teach me. Whatever you think I am capable of doing, I will strive to learn."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:48 pm

I grin. "Well, first off, we have got to teach you some slang and pop culture, else you'll never make it around here. We'll have to pick up a language working that covers slang; the English are even worse for slang than the Americans. In fact...you've got no clothes either. Would you like to see a bit of the city? I made good money last time I went busking. We could go out and about, and pick up a few things you'll be wanting. Interested?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum