The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Springing the Trap

+2
Liam
Liv
6 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Springing the Trap - Page 5 Empty Re: Springing the Trap

Post  Liam Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:49 pm

I am growling softly, as I make one final check to see if Kaija is ok, I give a terse nod before returning to the eggs. the indigo and Bronze are new too me, either hybrids or newly found breeds. This should be interesting. the eggs begin rock the white and indigo both rapidly crumbling while the bronze has 2 main cracks that keep folding themselves out. it seems to be an efficient little thing from the flaking the shell is doing " well he is smart
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Springing the Trap - Page 5 Empty re:springing the trap

Post  Liv Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:03 am

As the shell rocks and stutters, it rolls nearly off the table, about to fall. I reach out a hand, but Liam beats me to it.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:06 am

"The thing better be special, or it wouldn't be worth the trouble with the shadow," I grumble from my seat as the others crowd the table to see the hatchlings as they emerge. "Any thoughts? I dare not speculate."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:12 am

I smile at the little one, it is quick rapidly curling up my arm "they are all special, Dejhuty," the little bronze one makes me chuckle as it nips at it's own tail in passing while it curls up my arm " wouldn't you agree little one" i am not quite able to strokes it's head, it is just a little to aggressive "it is okay the shade is gone your fine"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:15 am

"It's lovely." I say, leaning over. The light glows on its copper scales. "Liam, what do these little ones eat, by the by? I'm betting they're going to be hungry soon."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:17 am

I reach out for the little coatl and smile as it crawls from Liam to my arms. I smile into the small features and wonder what is going on in that little head...I lean my head into my protector, and positive that Liam enjoys the reassurance.

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:29 am

"I've got milk...or some chicken pieces that I was saving to make stew." I say, watching the little blue crawl down my arm to nibble conteplatively on the back of the chair, "Do you think that would sate them?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:29 am

"they are carnivores Liv." I smirk "they like to hunt" I smile at kaija's actions before looking to the others " but they do not like carrion so just anything doesn't work"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:29 am

Lily peers apprehensiveness at the bronze. "Careful, Kaija; we don't know what its bit does yet."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:33 am

"I've been bit by a water winder.... Tremilee can't do much harm." I say with a broad smile on my face as I watch the little bugger circle the dust in the air around us. "Little monkey" as I say that Tremilee looks at me with frustration on her face. I laugh "Ok, venemous snakebird it is, curious one." I rub her head softly and watch as she nods and returns to her sport.

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:40 am

"A fitting name." I say with a smile. "And they'll be needing names." I glance at the blue on my shoulder. "What about it, mo ghra? What should we call you?" I pat its silky head, and it purrs.
"I think I shall call you....Ailin." I smile as the creature cuddles against my shoulder. "Ailin. Bueautiful one."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:49 am

I smile turning to the other two eggs again "so who will you two go to i wonder" The remaining white egg finally rumbles apart it's small occupant making an indignant squawk as it lands on the table, before looking around tasting the air. soon it is rushing twords our storyteller "looks like you get a reminder my friend" I smirk

Last edited by Liam on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:56 am

"Damned if I know what Sylus will think," I grumble as it winds around my forehead to for a diadem. "Another companion for the journey?" It chirps its agreement as I suppress a smile.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:03 am

"We used to have crayfish in pools back home; they wouldn't eat food unless it moved." I say slowly, staring at my blue pet, "But if you tied gobbets of fish on a string and wiggled it, they went for it. I think I'll try that for feeding them; it's either that or finding mice and I'm not in the mood for that." I walk into the kitchen, the little creature lying like a scarf about my neck.
The trick works, and soon all the chicks are fed. Once sated, they doze off one by one, curling into little spirals, their wings spread like blankets across their bodies. I smile, watching three of the chicks nestle in Djhuety's favorite chair, glowing like jewels.
"Well. It's been quite a night all round." I yawn hugely. The night's events are beginning to weigh me down, on top of the weariness the healing left.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:47 pm

Soon I'm not the only one showing weariness; Djhuety's eyes are half lidded, and when Kaija falls asleep on her brother's shoulder it's generally agreed to be time to turn in. I find blankets and a pillow and settle Mathias on the couch, yawning all the while. The lights dim throughout the room, and, rubbing my eyes, I turn for my room. Nearly everyone else has gone already; only Djhuety is still sitting at the kitchen table, sleepily nursing a cup of tea. Padding over, I lay a hand on his shoulder for a long moment. "Sleep well." I say softly. I turn before he can reply, and am down the hall and into my room. Sleep is a welcome thing.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:06 am

the others slowly make their way to there beds, eventually i even carry Kaija to her room before i return to the table to sit, contemplating the remaining egg. it doesn't take long for the days events to finally catch up, my eyes slowly drifting closed as i watch the last eggs sporatic movements. maybe it will make it by tomorrow.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:15 am

I look after Liv as she pads out of the kitchen before turning back to my cup, the liquid swirling back toward the brim. "Even you don't want me to go," I growl to the house, taking a sip of the tea. Thoughts whirl through my mind as exhaustion and adrenalin fight for foot hold... My path ended, where to now? My grandmother is the last I know of my blood, yet I've what feels like a family here in the barrow. Leaning back, I sneak a glance of the new guy curled on the couch, already migrating towards the wall as the house begins to knit a new room. "I won't be hard to replace at the rate we keep adopting strays."

Liam returns, a hopeful light in his eyes as he sits and gently cups the one remaining egg in a large palm. I see the desire there, for companionship, for brotherhood, as his eyes droop and his chin comes to rest on his chest, egg still gently clasped in his right hand.

The amphiptere at my throat peers past my collar at the Norseman and chirps; I reach to stroke its head and a wild new river of thoughts swirls around me. Now that my pursuers are at bay, there's things I can stop and see, both in and behind the world. Sylus could lead me some truly marvelous places few mortals have seen.

A smile cracks my lips as I purposefully down the remainder of my tea and set the cup on the table and drape my folded coat over one shoulder. Silently, I slip past Mathias, his coatl coiled on his chest, whistling as his chest rises and falls, oddly synchronized. I slip into the passage and unbolt my room, glancing left and right before shouldering my way in. Three deep breaths, I begin to calm my still churning mind, and I cast my coat onto the bed, the silk lining out, reveling no fewer then a dozen lined pockets, before turning to the stacks of books lining the walls. Frowning, "This may take a bit," I set to my task.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:18 am

I awake to a sharp pain in my hand. "Dammit!" I think, "Tremilee must have gotten hungry..." I give the little one a loving pat on the head as I walk toward the kitchen in search of string and chicken bits, but instead find myself walking in the opposite direction towards a sleeping Liam. The egg on the table before him is softly rocking from side to side, and I watch in awe as my feel my hand shake the shoulder of my sleeping Elder.

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:25 am

I slowly wake, to little Kaija, well not so little Kaija, shaking me awake and pointing to the little egg as it shakes, I wake a little more, looks like the little one just needed a bit of a rest before it could continue trying to get out. "thankyou kaija" i murmur my attention more on the egg then on whats going on. around me. soon enough, and yet after a perceptual age, the little one is finally free of it's shell. It lets out a small trill as it turns on the table pulverizing more of the eggshell until only a fine indigo powder remains. "there now little one, careful or liv will have you trying to clean that mess up" I murmur to it "and i doubt using those wings to blow it away would be good" enough" it makes another trill this one more indignant "just a warning" i lay my hand on the table again "come on then lets get you some food"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:53 am

i get up and walk in the general direction of the kitchen wearing my guns and ammo boxers to aquire a cup of coffe, i greet the people in there with a nod and sit down at the kitchen table, i put the three spiders down and give them a couple bullets to nibble on "cor blimey governor!".

as i lift the cup to my lips i feel a sharp pain my hand and spill most of it over my boxers yelling "GOD DAMNIT!" at the top of my voice followed by "EVERY DAMN TIME!" i look down and see a purple creature hanging from my arm.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:19 am

I take a small cloth and wrap ice in it before pressing it by the coatl " none of that now" it gives me a scathing look "hey you shouldn't have bit him" i say my voice slightly hard "he didn't do anything to you, yet" I say "go get Liv, and her little one, don't bite either of them or i will put you in the ice box, she will probably know how to help ignacy here with your venom" the little one seems happy enough to be sent away from the cold cloth "why do i get the distinct feeling that one is a little too much like i used to be?" I ask Kaija
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:21 am

i look at liam "i like that one he reminds me of my captain" i continue "he bit me too".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:22 am

" I really don't want to know where" is all i can say to that
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:34 am

Noise. Noise next to my ear. I curl tighter into my ball, one arm over my head. More noise. Then a sting like a willow branch hitting my cheek. I sit up with a gasp. A little coatl is sitting beside my face, its whippy tail flicking from side to side. It utters an annoyed squawk, knocks its head against my hand, and flies for the door.
Groggily, I stand, pulling on the large t-shirt I use for a nightdress. "What in the..." I mutter, peering out the door. The little creature, another blue...or is it?...flies to and fro up the hall anxiously. I pad down the hall and into the kitchen. "What happened to going to bed?" I ask blearily, my eyes half open. Then I get a look at the colors in the boys' heads. "What's wrong?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:39 am

"Ignacy here got bit by the little one that went and got you, not sure what it's venom does yet figured you would be the one to get the answer quickest" liam shrugs "so far i haven't noticed anything"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next