The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Lily Lass Lifted...

5 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What Lily Lass Lifted... Empty What Lily Lass Lifted...

Post  Djehuty Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Lily twitched in her bed, silks rustling as she rolled onto her back and pawed the air with a curled hand. It was the scents that woke her, and indefinable fragrance that pleased and excited her, dragging her into wakefulness. Her eyes twitched at the dim morning light, an unfamiliar sight to her light deprived eyes; she shot upright, squeaking and clutching at blankets as they slid below her waist. Alert, she scanned the simple room while massaging the fine sheets between her fingers unconsciously; A desk, a nightstand and the curtained fourposter upon which she sat. Her cloths sat neatly folded on the table and self consciously she clutched the sheet closer. Unnerved, she wrapped the sheet around her toga style and made for the basin on the desk with the pitcher of lightly scented water; after inhaling the sweet smell, she poured a measure into the basin and washed the sleep from her eyes.

She thought back to the night before as she quickly dressed, thinking back to what was said and the way they had treated her. "At least they're more trusting then those other bastards," she mumbled, securing the last buttons of her vest and tying back her hair in a loose braid. Rising, she tiptoed to the door, her soft shoes hardly making a sound on the polished mahogany floorboard. She pressed her ear to the door, listening intently for a moment before allowing her hand to stray to the knob. "Locked, of course," she grumbled again, before noticing that the key was still in the lock of her side. Puzzled, she turned it and tried the door again; this time it swung effortlessly out into the hall. Looking both ways and seeing it deserted, she slipped out and closed it again.

A grin spread on her face and she turned to the other rooms. 'A quick look won't hurt anything; they might have something I could fence for rent,' she thought as she tried the door across the hall, and finding it locked, applied her talent to it. The door opened into a room that could have passed for an armory, save for the figure curled on the floor, a broadsword in sheath cuddled close and a rather large handgun pocking out from beneath his pillow. 'Perfect,' she retreated a step, the grin fading until she heard a loud gasping snore emanate from the warrior's direction. Cautiously, she closed the door and crossed to his bed, careful not to disturb the quite of the room. 'That should fetch a good fence;' she scanned the walls and picked a tapestry of a some military conflict; pulling it down, she rolled it tight and after a moment's concentration, swapped it for the sword held tightly in the fighter's arms. "Sleep long and deep, my kind benefactor," she murmurs over him and lightly kisses his cheek before retreating to the hall once more.

Tempted by the other doors, yet aware that the house must wake soon, she straps the sword across her shoulder blades and makes for the foyer.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

What Lily Lass Lifted... Empty re: Lily

Post  Liv Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:49 pm

"If I were you, I wouldn't do that." Says a voice from across the room. Lily tenses as the woman who healed her stands and comes walking into the room. She would have seemed casual, if not for the expression in her eyes. "Ignacy is quite attached to that sword." the woman says, her slanted eyes holding Lily's, "you'd best put it down. Now."
To her surprise and outrage, Lily finds herself obeying. The woman holds her gaze. "We gave you food and shelter. That's a nice form of repayment, what you just tried."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

What Lily Lass Lifted... Empty Re: What Lily Lass Lifted...

Post  Djehuty Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:52 pm

"Can't get mad at me if I didn't actually get it out of the house," she grumbles, shooting Liv a look through accusing eyes. "An' I couldn't expect ya to keep taken' care of a girl of my social graces." She does a mocking curtsy and slides the sword from her shoulders, offering it on outstretched arms to Liv.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:54 pm

i wake up half naked drooling over one of my world war one tapestries i look around me when i look around me for Dies Irae and is surprised at first when i cant find it, i walk out of my room in just my boxers and a tea shirt i see liv "hey you seen my swor-" i stop dead in my tracks as i notice the smug grin on the face of our newest family member.

i walk up to her take the sword and say "dont do that ever again" then turn in my tracks and fall over one of the kitchen chairs i yell at the top of my lungs "god damnit! can we move that damn table?".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

What Lily Lass Lifted... Empty re:Lily

Post  Liv Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:22 pm

I smile slightly. "You're the only one who ever hits it Ignacy. And I thought I was a klutz." Then I turn back to the girl. "Don't try to be prickly with me; I grew up with far more impish beings than you around. Now, if you want breakfast, come and help me cook." Turning my back on her, I walk into the kitchen and lift down my copper frying pan from the wall.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:43 pm

Stretching, arms over head and back arched, Lily smiles sweetly. 'Don't know where anything is," she mews in the most innocent and childlike voice she can manage. Liv shoots her a look like venom and she deflates a little and shuffles into the kitchen and proceeds to empty much of the refrigerator onto the counter, casting a sidelong glance at Liv every time she feels her look away. Between the two off them, and more then a half hour latter, stakes of griddle cakes and bowls of fresh fruit syrups begin to make their way to the table, and enticed by the sweet and savory smells, the rest of the barrow begins to stir.

I enter the main room, hair an uncombed mess falling midway between my shoulder blades and glasses tilted up as I rub the sleep from my eyes with a free hand. My dress shirt, freshly laundered, hangs like a towel over my left shoulder. With a curt "Morning," I beeline for my chair and assume a lotus position on it, attempting to rise above the chatter and clatter of plates in the dining area.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:27 pm

The Scent of Breakfast breaks me out of my own reverie. I am intensely grateful to kaija for loaning me her dagger. the dummy that our home has so graciously provided lay in ruins on the floor. bits of burlap and straw littering the all but the area I stand in. putting on a fresh shirt I make my way to the table tapping our new arrival on the shoulder "budge over will ya? others want food too" I smirk to take any bite out of my words
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:11 am

Lily pulls a wry face before shifting her seat over to make room, self consciously fidgeting with the strings of the floral print apron that Liv pushed upon her after the second batter spill. The table is pilled with cakes, fruits, syrups and sausages rescued from the chill of the refrigerator; even from my corner, I'm having trouble not thinking of the spread making its way to the table. Liv calls from the kitchen and sighing loudly, Lily vacates her seat. "Mistress summons," she grumbles dejectedly.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:42 pm

"Here," I say, handing the girl a knife and a few peaches, "Slice these, will you?" I turn back to the tea I'm preparing; something to raise the spirits and give us all a little energy. I can hear the knife begin to chop, but every once in a while it pauses, as if Lily were looking away from her work. I smile internally, keeping my eyes on my work. I've seen her trying to study me surreptitiously since we met.
"If you keep trying to look at what my hands are doing," I say calmly, my eyes on the herbs running between my fingers, "you won't see what your own are about, and that knife in your hand will do you a damage, my girl. Eyes on your work." Gods above and below, I think to myself as I listen to Lily snort, I sound like Grandmother.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:48 am

Back at the holt, as unaware of us as we are of them, Sruth sneezes for no known cause.

I smile seeing Dejhuty trying to rise above us so i grab some of the more aromatic fruit and slightly wave it under his nose to be a little more distracting "meditate before or after food my friend" i laugh gods know if it becomes a non option you will miss it"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:47 pm

I step out of the kitchen, setting mugs of tea at each seat. "He's got a point, Djhuety. You meditate much more and we can sign you up as a monk! Come and have something, before these two great bellies on legs eat it all." I say, looking teasingly from Liam to Ignacy, who sticks his tongue out at me. I grin at him. "By the way, Ignacy, boxers with handguns printed on them? Where did you find a pair of boxers with handguns printed on them? And do I even want to know?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:14 pm

"internet" is all i say to that "and Hey now go as long as I did without being able to enjoy a good meal and you would be all 'FOOD NOW' too." then i begin laughing "and Dejhuty couldn't be a monk, spends too much time sneaking off with pretty girls" I smirk and duck out of arms reach
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:32 pm

i look down "oh these? i got em with a copy of guns and ammo theyre rather nice arent they?"

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:44 pm

I look at him with my head cocked, my brows raised. "If you say so..." I say dubiously, turning away. "And by the way, watch it Liam," I say, pointing a finger at him only half-seriously, "if you want cooked meals to keep coming your way."
As we tease and banter, Lily watches us with an expression that's partly uncomfortable, the look of an outsider...and partly something else. Longing. Hopeful. I step back into the kitchen, and take the sliced peaches on the cutting board from her. "Go and grab a seat, I'll finish this up."
As she sets down the knife, I see something dark flash in her hand. Something full of power. Reaching out, I take her hand before she can pull away, turning it palm up. A key is tattooed on each finger, and in those marks is a power, a power linked to something deep inside her. I stare for a long moment. Then I nod. "Ah. Now that makes sense." I smile, meeting her eyes, and let her pull her hand away. She glares at me the way an animal that's trapped does. With a small smile, I nod to her. "We all have our powers. And our secrets. Have no fear that yours is in any danger. But do me a favor, and don't be playing tricks with us. I'm good at spotting them. I'll know. And I'd rather trust you than not." Then I turn away, dump the peaches into a bowl, and carry them out. Setting them down, I grab a seat beside Kaija.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:24 pm

I could hear something trembling inside Liv's thoughts, and I didn't like it. Something about the girl. *What is it?* I send Liv before standing and pulling out a chair for Lily.

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:35 pm

Oblivious to The silent communication "bah liv you already know I can cook. Glad your still not laid up from the drink kaija." I smile " was worried it was still effecting you. Your knives weren't as sharp as normal" I tease her lighty. "besides you missed a lot of fun"

Last edited by Liam on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:38 pm

Gently smacks Liam in the back of the head. "Dear brother....." I sigh, letting my voice trail off

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:51 pm

The rest of the meal passes in a sort of guarded camaraderie. Finishing up I smile at Kaija and Lilly "well you two." I glance at the others "mind if I borrow Lilly. I think it would be a nice change of pace for Kaija to practice with someone her own size for once" I smile "not live blades obviously. Or do you have a better plan 'putian' " as I attempt a clever reference.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:01 pm

*LIAM!* I shout into his head...."Liam, you pair me with a complete stranger? Is this a game?"

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:22 pm

I wince at the yelling in my head "I am going to be there and you will learn more against someone new. Besides you won't always know your opponents style. That and you hold back against me" I smile
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:29 pm

A coquettish smile slips cross Lily's lips. "Sounds like a thrill." Rising and stretching, she turns to Kaija, "You shouldn't be able to hurt me to very badly." Challenge weaves its way into her words and she grins broadly.

I turn in my seat, where i finish the last of my breakfast; a part of me wants to get as far from the two as possible as I witness the predatory looks on both their faces.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:34 pm

I could feel the thrill of adrenaline slipping through my veins, so much so that I found Sayliyn's offer for aid positively annoying. "And you, Lily, won't be able to touch me." The grin of an accepted challenge spread across my face, the fury of one thousand slaves stood behind this grin.

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:38 pm

(to be deleted)

Last edited by Dunstfinkler on Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:40 pm

(to be deleted)

Last edited by Dunstfinkler on Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:41 pm

"We'll see..." Lily's right hand clenches in a loose fist as she holds it up, the black marks standing out sharply against her pale skin. "I've not stayed alive this long without a few scrapes and scars earned. After you?" She dips in a curtsy that may's well be a shrug.

Tearing my eyes from the females, I turn to Ignacy. "Not a clue, but could learn... Whats the issue?"
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next