The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stormclouds

5 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Stormclouds - Page 5 Empty Re: Stormclouds

Post  Liv Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:50 pm

"Ard Ri means High One. And it is a title I would be reviving. It has not been used in a long time." I reply. "A very long time. I think...I'm going to try to call a Meeting of the Waters. That's what it's called in River Tongue, but every Kind has a term for it. It's a gathering of all the elders or leaders of every Kind in the Kindred. The Ard Ri is named over them all to discuss and to arbitrate. I could never command all the Kinds, but if I could speak to their leaders, convince them, get them to listen and understand, then they could lead their peoples. And perhaps, in time, things could change. But a Meeting of the Waters hasn't been called since before my Grandmother's great Grandmother was born. I have no idea what will happen."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:55 pm

" If it is anything like other politics, a lot of arguing and a lot of bickering and people making decisions only to spite their neighbor despite that it is cutting off their nose to spite their face" my lip turns up "sorry I hate politics. there are battlefields that are cleaner then a politician's tongue" then at Liv's look "you are a bard that isn't a politician."
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:04 am

"I do not know what a politician is but I do know that if you are going to lead a people then they must either fear you or believe that you have the answers they seek." I look to Liv. "The Emperor is a great man but he does not command armies. Our Shogun commands armies in his stead so that he may focus on spiritual matters. Before the west came, the Shogun commanded fear in order to rule; we obeyed. When the west came the Emperor believed they had all the answers; so he obeyed."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:18 am

"sadly that isn't the only way to rule, some ruled by money also," I shrug "Or by earning renown like our songstress' sister is want to do and as my and Kaija's father did "and like Liv has started to do weather she wants to our not." Kaija elbows me. "What!" All i get is that somewhat infuriating smirk"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stormclouds - Page 5 Empty re:stormclouds

Post  Liv Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:55 am

I nod slowly. "Half sister. And I believe I ought to speak with her. She has a gift much like mine. Having another who could help me do the work of getting the elders to really listen could make the difference. I'll need every edge I can get going into this."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:02 am

"Seems to me, from all I've seen and heard of her, she's more likely to bite and poison then help," Lily grumbles in an undertone.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:04 am

I shrug. "You may be right. But what can I do but try?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:06 am

"she is an angry one, but smart. nearly beat me in chess" I chuckle "If you can get her to listen then she can help but given her desires running so far opposite to yours I am not sure how well that would go" then glancing at Lily "Yes there is a chance of just that" I say slowly " and try not to do it alone"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:19 am

"I'm not sure she'd take well to anyone else being there. Whoever comes along will need to keep well out of sight." I glance from Liam to Djhuety, and then to Lily. "Sori, don't start, you're not coming till you can walk on your own limbs." I state without much more than a look in her direction. I know she's got her mouth open to volunteer without looking.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:24 am

"you met her on the way when i was supposed to set up a safe meeting Liv, allow me to keep my word." I my tone is bordering on formal for once not a hint of either monotone or of my normal smirk. "I would appreciate it"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:39 am

I nod thoughtfully. "Well enough. Just don't get protective. I can handle myself a little, you know."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:49 am

I quirk a brow at the statement " I will keep that in mind but if the need becomes apparent I will make sure you get back to your beloved" I shrug "I owe both you at least that and don't argue" then heading to the door I grab my coat "No time like the present to get started, Be back with the information as soon as i can" and out into the nightside I go.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:47 am

i shout after him "yeah sure leave the crippled girl and go out and have fun! see if i care!" i sigh and stump the cigarette, i ruffle my hand through my hair and look at kiou "you hungry?".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum