The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saving Graces

5 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Saving Graces - Page 4 Empty Re: Saving Graces

Post  Liam Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:31 am

"I feel a great deal kaija" i say softly "not all of it good not all of it bad"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:33 am

*You can fool the others,brother, but you can't fool me.* I smile up at him "Why go through this alone?"

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:35 am

"because i had too for many many years" I begin to drift off the adrenalin withdrawl making me lethargic "Still re learning.... some... stuff.." Snore
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:41 am

I whack him in the side of the gut with Grennel's sheath. Intent on not leaving this bed until I had patched things up, I kept hitting him over and over and over again.

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:28 am

i get up and brush my hair from my eyes, i stretch and notice i have chestpains i dismiss it as a wound i walk into my room suddenly realizing how ill fitting my clothing is i look down and see a large bossom i look under the shirt i raise an eyebrow and say "interesting" and i put a hand in front of my mouth as i realize how thin my voice is.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:58 pm

Djehuty, grips the young woman by the shoulder. "Ah... No... You're not done yet sweetheart." He smiles cryptically and motions Liv over. "This man doesn't know how to be a lady yet," he says, resting a hand on her shoulder, "Would you be so kind as to give him what tools he needs to be the prim and proper lass to match this beautiful body?"
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Saving Graces - Page 4 Empty re:saving graces

Post  Liv Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:23 pm

I raise a brow. "Prim and proper? Hardly." Studying the figure, I cock my head. "Teach her how to be a woman. I'm not really sure how to do this, it's more than just memory, it's a matter of personality." I glance up at Djhuety, who is still smiling, brows quirked encouragingly, a glint in his amber eyes. I stare at him, puzzled. How do I install an entire personality? I'm not a mind mage.
And then it hits me. I don't have to.
"Oh..." I breathe, "Of course...the soul...tricky, but I think I can manage it."
Dropping to my knees in front of the woman, I meet her eyes. "This is going to feel weird. Just relax, okay? Close your eyes." I imbue the words with the feeling of relaxation. Ignacy's always responded well to my voice, and that hasn't changed. Her eyes close.
I begin a low, low chant, something I heard once in America among the tribes of the Northwest, on a beach where the sea met the sky. It is deep and slow, echoing the slap of the surf, the rhythm of the pine forests. Perfect. Taking Ignacy's hand in my own, I let myself sink into the music, into the rhythms, into the colors of the other being. Swirls of color, liquid light brighter than stained glass, all around, and I am swimming through it all. This is how my mind depicts memories and emotions. I've seen a mind like this before, and though every mind is different, the method never changes much.
But what I need are the deeper currents, right down deep, the soul-currents, the deepest and most steady part of the flow. I dive. Deeper, deeper,deeper. Now, the color is almost uniform. White, tinted with swirls of orange and yellow, hints of red. And within the swirls...memories. Buried like rocks in the mud, old old memories. Old lives. I dig. There. There's one that .feels female. Lively, strong, energetic....no black and no bright red in it, but a steady pulsing strength. Yes. That will do.
Holding the bundle, I carry it up, up, up, back to the surface, and release it. The older life falls open like a net woven of stained glass, settling, the colors all intermixing and joining. I grin. Done, and done well.
Now I can hear the sound of my own voice again, chanting. Feel my body again. I open my eyes slowly.
A glance at the clock on the wall makes me sit up...and wince. Both my legs have gone to sleep. "Hai mai, that took a half-hour? Wow."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:32 am

Djehuty steady's Liv with a hand on her shoulder, even as he looks at 'Ignacia' curiously. "Half an hour, half a day," he grins, squeezing her shoulder gently. "Food and drink are in order, even if 'she' isn't ready yet."

The young woman shakes her head, the golden tresses bouncing as she does so, as if trying to clear her thoughts.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:33 am

I smile wanly. "Food, yes. Food would be good. And something for my throat. But I think you may have to help me to the-" I stand, and the room does a crazy spin. I lean heavily against Djhuety.-"table."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:39 pm

I shake my head "wow you know this is confusing in one way i know this place and in one way i dont".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:47 pm

I laugh weakly. "A riddle indeed. So...what do we call you now? You remember a name?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:50 pm

i brush my hand through my hair "Sori i think".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:01 pm

I nod. "Sori. Pretty name. Well, I'm going to eat something and then...damn, it's not even six in the morning yet. This place is screwing all our circadian rythms up." I glance at Djhuety as he helps me into a chair. "You're exhausted. Go back to bed. I'll be fine in a moment."
Of course, he ignores me at first, serving me up a bowl of cereal before kissing my brow and retiring. I frown. Cereal.
To my delight, it becomes a salmon fillet on rice.
"I love this place sometimes." I say happily, digging in. "You should get something to eat as well. And then probably some sleep. Getting rewired has got to wear a girl out."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:06 pm

i shrug "im going to bed".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:32 pm

I nod. "Sleep well then."