The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arrangements To be Made

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Arrangements To be Made - Page 3 Empty re:arrangments

Post  Liv Tue May 01, 2012 11:27 pm

I shrug slightly. "Then I shall take that as I find it. And hopefully this will be done and seen to without too much trouble." Not bloody likely, I think privately. But I can hope.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arrangements To be Made - Page 3 Empty Re: Arrangements To be Made

Post  Dunstfinkler Tue May 01, 2012 11:30 pm

i look at liv and ask her "so tell us about this whole meeting deal what are we to expect?".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue May 01, 2012 11:45 pm

I draw a breath. "Well, that's a hard question. I don't know exactly. The Meeting of the Waters is a very ancient tradition. It was instituted...oh....eighty thousand years ago, maybe. And it hasn't been used for the last...maybe five thousand. The point of it is to gather all leaders of all races of the Kindred together under a pact of peace that cannot be broken, on neutral ground. That meeting situation allows for everyone to pay attention to the issue at hand. The meeting is called when there's a problem that effects every race, all of us-them-and must be dealt with. And over them, the Ard Ri is nominated. The Ard Ri hears all ideas, all opinions, weighs and measures them, and then makes their reccomendation for action. Their intellegence, their good judgment, must be completely believed by the Kin. When the Ard Ri makes a statement, then all the leaders of all the races will follow it-theoretically- and it will, in effect, become law.Now, the idea is to claim moy right to be Ard Ri, based on everything that's happened, and then make the necessary suggestions: that the worlds must unite once again, or lose all. Like I've said, it's herding tigers.I could be listened to. Or I could be lynched, which is a damnsight more likely if I'm being honest. I have to convince all the leaders of every race. Or I could just stand on the hill like a damn fool with no one showing up. The tradition is a little out of date." I shrug.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Tue May 01, 2012 11:49 pm

"so we might get lynched by a bunch of fae ok i will bring fragmentation grenades and incendiary shells" i smile.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue May 01, 2012 11:52 pm

I grin. "Glad you've got your priorities. And bring your manners as well; we don't need trouble before they start it. But I'm less worried about the leaders themselves than those who might try to stop us reaching the Hill at all. There are a fair number of those. I've been hearing rumors, a lot of them. We're in for a fight unless we move very, very fast."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Tue May 01, 2012 11:58 pm

"How dirty do you want to fight to be able to stop them, i have an idea but it might end even more poorly then a stand up fight to be honest, Like battle of thermopoly for someone badly" I shrug "what I watch movies even if i can't read english"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed May 02, 2012 12:01 am

"An idea. Any idea's worth a listen at this point. Explain?" I ask, sitting back with my arms crossed.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed May 02, 2012 12:14 am

"A demonstration would work better I think" I reply as i lift the gun "can we step outside for this though? the hall to the borrow should work well" I say standing up, "unless you would rather i didn't use an experimental technically non-lethal device to send people 'Away"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed May 02, 2012 12:19 am

"Let's do the roof, not the hall." I reply dubiously, "Fewer bystanders at risk."
It takes a few minutes to reach the roof of our building up rickety stairs that a fire warden, if there was one for the Nightside, would swoon at the sight of. I nod politely to the gargoyle who lives on the southwest corner, and he nods politely in return. Then I glance at Liam, holding my hand out in invitation. "Go to it."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed May 02, 2012 12:37 am

I smirk pointing the gun at the wall behind liv and pulling trigger one, releasing a blue portal, trigger 2 releasing a green portal, strategically placed under liv's feet unable to keep from laughing at her less then graceful enterance "One in the cave with the snake the other moving from one point to another around the area dropping our enemies into the eldrich beastie's lair"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed May 02, 2012 12:42 am

With a yelp, the world falls away. Blackness, and falling, falling, and-the roof. Gasping, I step back thankfully onto solid ground, legs trembling, unsteady. "You....wow...." I nod. "That's great....only, warn me next time, won't you?" The words come out as a squeak.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed May 02, 2012 12:52 am

"where is the fun in that?" I ask laughing "besides that was payback for those Damned dried nettles." i debate about doing it again but then she would be in a perpetual fall and that would just get messy, "so the idea work for you?
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed May 02, 2012 12:56 am

"One as old and respected as you would be expected to expect such actions from the company you keep." Kiou said it as huffed and looked aside.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed May 02, 2012 1:00 am

"For the record Kiou, I am older then liv's Grandmother" I smirk "and younger then liv at the same time" then with a wink at said half drastie on the side that kiou can't see "You have to learn when to be serious and unyielding and take joy where you can." I can't help but laugh at liv's bewildered look "I should probably be heckling you a little but samarai pride is a prickly thing"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed May 02, 2012 1:04 am

I shake my head with a shaky grin. "So's Kiou. Besides, You started the prank war after all. And as for me being respected, Kiou, bullshit." Turning, I laugh. "That, Liam, is quite simply perfect. A great answer to the main problem of too many enemies all at once. And the great Serpent, I'm sure, will just love a few visitors." I slap a hand on his back. "I'll never complain about your alchemical explosions again...unless they take out the apartment of course."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed May 02, 2012 1:09 am

"Bah timeslips don't coun't." I smirk then looking back go Kiou "to be blunt I pick on people I like, not to hurt their pride or to cause them harm, but to get them to laugh, I spent years surrounded by the moros, I like laughter, to the point of almost craving it"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed May 02, 2012 1:19 am

"At our expense." I add dryly.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed May 02, 2012 1:23 am

"I fail to see the comedic effect that falling is supposed to have on your intended victim." Kiou's words were flat but not angry as she looked to Liam.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed May 02, 2012 1:25 am

I glance at Liam, and we both roll our eyes. "Kid, will you loosen up?" I ask with a wry smile.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed May 02, 2012 1:31 am

"To be any more loose would cause difficulty standing and dirt is unbecoming on a kimono as beautiful as mine." Kiou's words were still flat.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed May 02, 2012 1:35 am

"Remember I mentioned balance Kiou, A sense of the absurd, and amusing is not a weakness." I keep my tone even "were it not for the fact that you would take it as an insult instead of as a harmless bit of fun, i would be heckling you a bit. it is something you would have to get used to if your request were ever to be actually able to be discussed" I quirk a brow at her "I did say that is couldn't be accepted at this time, not that it couldn't be ever"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed May 02, 2012 1:38 am

I snort a chuckle, shaking my head, and turn for the door. "Let's go inside, and get down to planning."
It takes two days to work out our plan, before we all feel ready and confident. After breakfast three days later, I survey our group, standing by the door. Carefully, I nod. "Okay, let's go."
Resolutely, I open the door into the night. If this is a chess game, well. We've made our first move.
We were in play.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum