The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rude Awakenings

5 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Rude Awakenings - Page 3 Empty Re: Rude Awakenings

Post  Djehuty Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:24 am

Djehuty leans down to her ear and hisses, "Who do you know that can get the job done for anything she could pay?"
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:24 am

Laying flowers on her mother's grave? No going home? The world spun and I desperately white knuckled the only thing I have to show who I am. No. This cannot be real. First I am to be murdered, now I am to survive alone? Which one is worse? Despite all my training on how a woman is to act, the sadness is too great and I breakdown to tears.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:25 am

"besides that isn't technically true. . . . this isn't fearieland, this is the nightside you can find anything, for a price, it is a matter of if you have the cost it will take....." I can't help but sigh, Crying women make me uncomfortable "Hey, hope isn't lost. just requires patience"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rude Awakenings - Page 3 Empty re:rude awakenings

Post  Liv Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:33 am

"She didn't need to know that right now." I snarl back under my breath. "Look at her, she's sick with fear, she's shaking and her head looks like a painting of terror, and you did not need to add to it."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:37 am

"Liv, I don't think Dejhuty can see emotions and I sure as hell can't, your anger is working against you. now have your spat later" my voice is measured patience then to the girl I offer a napkin "hey now," what do they say in the movies "let it out, then dry your eyes." the words are pitifully inadequate but they are all I can offer
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:37 am

I try me best to follow along with what I'm being told but I just can't; this sadness is too great for my small shoulders to bear alone. "Patience.... How? To return with my mother dead would leave me with no support, no house.... I... I would lose my name and be... be branded a rounin-woman; a samurai with no lord." My tears fell faster as the sadness cut deeper. "To stay means never knowing home again.... To go means never being safe again..."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:38 am

Ignoring Liv, and dipping to a knee, Djehuty puts himself in front of the girl. "It's new and frightening, and you left much behind. Would that I could make this easier, but you are in a bad place." He glances up at Liam then back at her. "Think carefully on this; what price would you're mother wish you to pay to return to her safely? This is a place that can exact tolls that would where heavy on your body and soul if you are over eager to obtain a thing."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:43 am

I sit back. Now I see what he was trying to do. She did have to know, and quickly, before she could do herself damage. I give him an apologetic glance. "He's right, little one. Please, rest and sit quiet, let yourself heal. Do not rush blindly out into that mess. You'll be safe here. Rushing out would do no good to anyone."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:48 am

I look through my tears to the blurry faces of my saviors. "If... If this place is so bad... Why... Why do you help so? Wouldn't that merely mean that you too hope to achieve something from me for a price?"
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:50 am

"I repay a debt, I once was a very bad thing. without heart or conscience, redemption is a long hard road" Is my short answer "Liv and Dejhuty here are as good as they come, and everyone else is good in their way." I shrug "and to help you already helps us"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:53 am

I hang my head before shaking it slowly. "There is no help for me to give. I have neither money nor a name here. There is little I can do save for sew or cook. I was not raised to know such things as a place like this." I sniffle as the talk is slowly helping to ease my tears. "I.. I was trained with a blade but I .. I have forgotten most of it save for the forms..."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:10 am

"Little one, No one asked you to do more then just be." I say slowly "You don't think the same way that I do, that Liv does, Or Dejhuty, Or Kaija, Or any of us, so you will see things we miss," I tilt my head "you have a brain use it, learn. but don't get taken in by pretty promises here, we make you no promise of success Only of attempt it." I glance at Dejhuty and Liv "it isn't pretty or polished, But in this place it is more precious for it"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:17 am

"What will become of me?" Hesitantly, I look the man speaking to me in nearly hushed tones. My tears are quickly abating and my sad mind and aching heart are clearing. both are still wounded and will be for some time, but the worst is over for now. "Am I to live here? I do not wish to be a burden on those who would save me from a demon."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:45 am

"That is for the house to decide I think," it is good to see her starting to calm "most of us fell asleep on the couch and ended up with our own room, the house makes itself around the people it keeps." I smirk at her reaction "it isn't malevolent actually trying to harm anyone in the house is gods awful difficult." I shrug in sympathy "It takes some getting used to"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:17 am

I smile slightly. "That it does indeed. But I think the House will give you a place. You're no burden child." I say gently, "We'll be happy to have you in, until you're ready to walk on your own road again." I smile, patting her shoulder for a moment, and then pull her to her feet. "Let me show you our washroom. You can get yourself cleaned up. And then I want you to rest. We have blankets and pillows, and the couch is comfortable."
I show her how the taps for running water work, get most of the blood and dirt off her, and get her out of her ripped and smirched kimono and into a long thick nightgown,which hangs on her like a bag. By the time we are back, there's a mound of pillows and blankets on the couch.
"There you go." I glance up at the lads. "We have something we have to do, but we'll be back shortly. You stay here, and rest...." I pause. "I can't keep calling you little one. What do you call yourself?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:26 pm

I run my hands over the thick robe I've been given. It is similar to what we wear in the winter only not as refined. Perhaps in the coming time here, I can add a little aesthetic to their clothing. "Kunishi... Kunishi Kiou, heir to the Kunishi clan.... Though... Now I imagine that matters little." I look to the sword in my hands. Even though I am not in my kimono, I refuse to set it aside or lay it down in this strange place.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:28 pm

I smile. "Kunishi. You get some sleep, now. We can talk more when you wake."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:14 pm

I looked over at the bed I had been laid out on before. They had been referring to it as a couch; whatever that meant. "You have my thanks." I bow deeply to her once more and am thankful that it no longer hurt to show someone the proper respect they deserved. Once finished with my bow, I go to the bed and settle myself in with all the pillows. Though I doubt I will get any sleep in a place like this and in a bed as poofy and forgiving as this, I try anyways. Closing my eyes, I eventually fall asleep.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:49 pm

Watching the girl settle, I hum something that will ensure she sleeps long and deeply. Then I turn away, pulling my jean jacket back on. "Once more from the top." I murmur, as we close and lock the door behind us.
We hurry back onto the streets; we've already lost too much time. I can only hope that the price for my altruistic little gesture won't be paid by my friend.
I was stupid, and I let my emotions rule me. Again.
The thought makes me slow a little, so that I'm walking beside Djhuety. I lay a hand on his arm."Hey. What you said about the girl, back there, and what I said. I wasn't thinking as far ahead as you were. I was wrong back there, and irrational. Sorry."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:04 am

I quicken my step to get a little ahead of the budding couple, a small smile tugging at the corner of my mouth, it really doesn't give them privacy but the illusion of it which is the best I can offer as we walk Kiaja giving me an odd look for my behavior. I shake my head a little to indicate that she needs to leave well enough alone right now. A conspiratorial wink to show her that we can heckle them later and mercilessly.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:15 pm

Djehuty glances down, then ahead. "I only know the formula for the stories, and as popular as the tragic is, I much prefer the rising of the fallen star. Sensing the direction of the story has it's good points." He says in muted tones, shoving his hands into his pockets.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:10 pm

I shake my head slightly. "Sidhe." I sigh under my breath. "Always the cryptic remarks." But I wrap my arm around his anyhow, tucking my hand down into his pocket and slipping my fingers between his in mute acknowledgement.
With Liam and Kaija scouting ahead, and doing a fine job of it, there's little for us to do but walk. I can feel my shoulders tensing as we grow nearer and nearer to our goal.
"Taking him from Suzie Shooter is going to be nigh impossible." I murmur, "Perhaps it would be wiser to wait until he's been handed over, then take him from the one who hired the bounty."
Deep in our murmured conversation, we weave our way ever deeper into the darkness of the Nightside streets.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:36 pm

I shift as I slowly fight against the haze of slumber. The events of the night before play out beneath my eyelids and I wince. Nightside, whatever this place is, I want nothing to do with it. I miss my mother already despite knowing that I will never see her again. Squinting, I fight against tears and harden myself inside. No, I must persevere and fight through this. Father accepted an even greater dishonor than this and I must uphold what he stood for.

That's when I notice it. I'm no longer laying on that poofy bed they provided. I'm laying on a futon with a thick comforter laid out over me. Sitting up, I gasp as I am unable to contain my surprise. Everything in the room is like home. Splayed out beneath me, and the futon, are clean white tatami mats. Judging by their spring, they feel new and incredibly comfortable. "Where am I now?" And before are closed sliding doors; a wood slat frame with rice paper windows.

I pull back the blanket as I look to my left. A simple wall scroll painting of spring flowers and birds hangs eloquently in the inset wall. Beneath is is a little vase with an orchid growing in it. To the left of the inset wall are the warmly stained sliding doors of a closet. Where ever I am, it already does not look like any place I have been before.

Hesitantly, I look to my right only to see a mirrored image of what is to my left. However, the scroll, rather than being a simple artwork is a forceful and dramatic calligraphy of the word 'honor'. It's harsh strokes get across the artist's intense need for the subject to hear the message. Beneath the scroll is simply a black lacquer sword stand that appeared to be eagerly awaiting my family heirloom.

Standing, I walk to the large sliding door with paper windows. Unsure of what I will find on the other side, I take a hesitant breath and grip the frame. Slowly, I slide the door aside and am greeted with the sight of a balcony overlooking a walled garden. The balcony has a small, dark lacquered square table sitting in the middle with pillows on either side. The railing is of a similar color and is shortest near the table; a mere foot and a half to two feet off the ground. However, near the edges, it rises dramatically to a normal railing height.

"This is..." Taking a tentative step towards the tall railing, I look out over into the garden amazed. It is nothing but a normal house garden. Little stone lanterns dot the green foliage as lichens of various colors and textures were growing on both the stone and the barks of the young cherry trees. A little pond in the middle showed koi swimming around happily with floating lilies brushing past them.

It was then that I became aware of how low the light was. Looking up, I received a full view of the moon staring right back at me. Anxiety filled me as it looked like the same moon from my dream with the spirits and demons. Wrapping my arms around me, I try to warm myself as a chill runs through me. The rough fabric of the robe Liv had given me rubs against my hand an I stop. No... I cannot stop myself from looking down and realizing that I am still in the robe she had given me.

"What the..." I turn suddenly; almost overwhelmed with fear and shock. I turn around and find myself face to face with a door the likes I have never seen. It's construction looked like what I had seen before when they had brought her here. Everywhere, there had been doors like that. "I'm not home then... This is... still the spirit's home..."

Striding over to the door, I swallow hard a moment and open it intent on finding out once and for all where I am. The hallway of the apartment greeted me almost immediately and my breath caught a bit. I was still among the spirits and demons. While this room was all I could have wanted, it was not in fact home.

Sighing softly, I stepped out of the room and into the hallways. I need to talk with someone further and at least ascertain where my clothes went. With soft steps, I make my way into the living room hoping to see Liv again.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:59 pm

Lily paces her room like a caged animal, kicking at the clothing and fine blankets littering the floor of her treasure room, cursing as a more obstinate robe tangles at her feet. Picking it up, she strips and slides it over her shoulders, cuddling into the folds and flipping her undergarments into a far corner, smiling as the bra catches on a tall candelabra in a corner. Digging into a pile, she triumphantly comes up with a towel and, slipping it over her shoulder, she unbolts her lock and opens the door into the hall. Closing it, she twists her hand over the mechanism, and hearing the comforting treble click as it latches, she pads on to the bathroom for a shower.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:10 pm

I see the woman leave her room ans realize that she looks as though she is going to bathe. Gods, a bath right now would feel wonderful. "Excuse me... If it would not trouble you too much, are you going to take a bath?" I keep my speech formal as I do not know who is a demon in this land of otherworldly beings.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next