The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If only it hadnt been for you meddling kids...

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If only it hadnt been for you meddling kids... Empty If only it hadnt been for you meddling kids...

Post  Dunstfinkler Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:29 am

i get up and go out into the kitchen dodging the nefarious kitchen chair as it tries to tackle me and sit down and toss a fork towards the spiders.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

If only it hadnt been for you meddling kids... Empty re:meddling

Post  Liv Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:02 pm

I'm surprised at how badly I ache this morning. Hands, shoulders, and knees, as well as that indefinable but uncomfortable sense of being worn down that comes of overusing my gift. I stretch, working out the kinks, then pull on jeans and a loose t-shirt I picked up at one of the street stalls. Its motto, 'we're all mad here, and it's ok!' amused me.
With a nod to Ignacy, I pull out a can of kippers, and down them quickly, crunching the bones, before turning back to the hall. Coming to Lily's door, which has for some reason I'll probably never fathom equipped itself with a very complex lock, I knock. With a thought to the House, the door opens.
Lily's room is walled with warm red brick, the floor softly gleaming hardwood. And every flat surface has something on it, something glittering. Watches, necklaces, coins, bracelets, metal plates, stuffed toys, bright colored cloth. It's like walking into a cross between a curio shop and a magpie nest.
Lily is spread out across her bed, limbs flung haphazardly. In sleep her body has the loose frailty of youth. How old is she, I wonder. She's not yet a woman, not really.
"Lily?" I call, softly, "Lily, wake up."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

If only it hadnt been for you meddling kids... Empty Re: If only it hadnt been for you meddling kids...

Post  Djehuty Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:07 pm

With a small yelp, Lily pulls the blankets close over her, glaring toward the door, not at Liv, but at the lock, before focusing on her condition. "Ell, if your comin or goin, close the bloody door!" she snaps. "What if Rocky was to alk in be'ind you?"
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:10 pm

I cock my head. "Ignacy is in the kitchen. Sorry if I frightened you..." Closing the door, I cross the room, taking a seat on the bed beside her. She glares at me. "Something wrong?" I ask, a little puzzled. I didn't know she woke up in such a foul temper.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

If only it hadnt been for you meddling kids... Empty Re: If only it hadnt been for you meddling kids...

Post  Djehuty Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:16 pm

Glaring once more at the lock, she mutters, "not decent" as she attempts to wrap the sheet closer around her body like a sari. Hearing an audible click from the door, she smiles and visibly relaxes into a rather large pile of stuffed animals and pillows all but disappearing beneath the plush. A squeak, and Eve lunges out from a former cavity in the pile, before coiling up Lily's left wrist.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:20 pm

My little Ailin chirrups in reply to her sister, weaving up my arm and across my shoulders. I smile at the little creature, patting her head before looking up at Lily. "I was hoping to speak with you early, before the others wake. We need a bit of quiet time any road. I want to work on magics with you; you're going to get hurt if you keep up as you have."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:24 pm

"Served ell enough 'fore I got involved ith you lot." Lily replies, her voice muffled as she snuggles in to a large stuffed Cthulhu. "Ya can'o stay out o trouble, can ya."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:29 pm

I laugh. "Well, I see your point. I swear I've seen more trouble in the last six months than I did in six years of travel. Or sixteen for that matter!" I smile at her. "But you must admit, you shine like a beacon in the dark, my girl. And your bright mind is part of the reason you so often are a target. Anyone with a glimmer of a Gift is drawn to you, like moths to moonflowers. And the prickles you wear won't keep them all out."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:33 pm

"'at's where the charm come in," she props her self up on an elbow to face Liv. "An' I've got no magics, just a cheep trick that keeps me movin'."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:38 pm

"Bull shit." I say sharply, making Lily's eyes widen. "Whoever convinced you of that was pulling your tail badly." she looks at me dubiously. I lean forward. "I was raised on what you call magic. I know magic. I am magic, at least in part. It's in my blood. I can sense it, see it. And you shine bright with it. Your magic is very human, but it is also very strong. I know people of Kin blood who'd be jealous of a gift like that, and that's saying something."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:45 pm

"An' I'm suppos' to to do what with it?" Lily bristles. "I got a talent that pushed me to the street."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:52 pm

"Work it. Train it. Control it. Don't let it do the thinking for you." I say softly. "Past is past,--Lily. What I worry about is now." I almost called her child, Now that really would put her in a snit with me. But it's hard not to do. Sometimes...often...I want to reach out and pet her head, as if she were a kit at home. She's so...fragile.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:00 pm

Pushing off the bed, Lily turns her back to Liv and grabs a rumpled pile of cloths. A touch of the lock, and it springs open as she vanishes into the hall toward the bath, a look to curdle milk on her face.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:03 pm

I sigh. Well, when you take in stray kittens, I think reufully, you must expect to be scratched.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:35 pm

I walk out of the main bath nearly running into Putian, it takes a bit of effort for me to keep my face neutral "all yours Putian, water is warm already" I say "know where Liv is? need to thank her for the help with the ribs" sidling around her it is easy to see she is in a foul humor. Oh well, i guess i am in for something later
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

If only it hadnt been for you meddling kids... Empty re:fair and foul

Post  Liv Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:55 pm

Standing, I head back for the kitchen. But my eye is caught by Liam. "Oh. Morning. How are your-" then I see the colors in his head. I tip my head. "Liam, what are you up to?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 pm

"Just wanted to thank you for the help with the ribs, I am sure it gets tiring patching me up" I say calmly "why do I have to be up to anything Liv?" I tilt my head my face the picture of innocence while inside i am laughing almost to much to contain Oh but payback is a cruel maiden
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:08 pm

I tip my head, half grinning at him despite myself. "Don't try it my boy, I can see what you're feeling. Secrecy and satisfaction and joy. Come on, what's the joke? And who did you play it on?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:13 pm

"I have done nothing harmful" I hold to not a lie, simply a matter of opinion "just added some color" here i start to laugh in truth I can help it "so No one, yet" I stroke Aimee's head gently
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:23 pm

Lily stands beneath the warm water, eyes closed, relaxed, feeling it ease the tension. "Damn her anyway," she mutters under her breath as she fells for the shampoo and begins soaping her hair. "Got long fine ith out 'em, an now I got meself a bran new mother." Rinsing, she opens her eyes and watches, stunned for a moment as purple tinged suds collect and swirl down the drain, floating on water of an even deeper tinge. Turning the back of her hand to her face, a distinctive shade of lilac, as opposed to her normal pale completion, assaults her vision.

She screams... a wordless howl of furry resonating off the tile and stone of the bathroom, and echoing to the main room. Shutting off the water and wrapping herself once more in the sheet, she slams the bathroom door open with a crash, glaring in all directions with accusation.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:29 pm

The scream has me turning round in one move...then I see Lily. Purple. She's purple. I cover my mouth with one hand, laughing so hard that it's hard to breathe. "Liam," I gasp, "oh Liam, I think...I think you may just be dying again." Lily comes storming down the hall like a young goddess of battle. I point one finger at Liam, still laughing. "He's all yours, girl."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:34 pm

Seeing Lilly I can't stop from laughing Long enough to get a word out for a bit "You" gasp "sure" gasp wheeze "it was" gasp more chuckling "me" I have to hold my ribs while i laugh, they are still a little tender but not bad
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:38 pm

"Course it was!" I giggle. "I've got more sense!" I know I shouldn't be laughing, but I can't help it. Until I see the colors in Lily's head.
"Oh come on, Lily, it was only a joke!" I say, holding up my hands placatingly. "He didn't mean harm! Next time, you can prank him!"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:42 pm

Lily paces the room, looking at each in turn before taking a handful of Liam's hair and pulling his head down to her face. "Notta' drop touched yer 'ead this morning, North Man." she hisses, grabbing for his right hand. "I know yer guilt."

Releasing him at Liv's words, she scowls. "It'll take a week to get this off may skin though." she growl at the back of her hand before looking imploringly to Liv.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:45 pm

"just means i didn't shower yet girly," I smirk "Besides baths are better and that was last eve to get the blood off me" I roll my eyes "and breath Putian, you were not harmed at all besides Purple is the color of royalty so then would you be the key princess or the key queen?"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum