The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Long Game

4 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Long Game - Page 5 Empty Re: The Long Game

Post  Djehuty Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:54 pm

I groan and lean back in my seat... "Damn it all; she seemed nice too."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

The Long Game - Page 5 Empty re:The Long Game

Post  Liv Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Relief floods through me as he speaks, and with it comes anger.
"I speak te-no, twelve languages, and I am hard pressed to find a word that states just how stupid you were." I say, pulling him roughly into a sitting position. "You bloody idiot, you..." I use five epithets in quick succession, then stand, glaring at him. "You ever do that again, and I will....what the hell did you think you were doing?!"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:00 pm

i pull my sword out of a dead guard its ice cold and coated in blood, i walk over to the blonde and shout "hey loverboy what you want me to do with the girl?".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:05 pm

"Haven't a clue," I say, clutching my head, trying to make the room stop spinning, "She held my hand and said 'let's ditch your crew and have some fun' and it sounded like a good idea..." I trail off and a confused look crosses my face. "What the hells?"
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

I loose another few epithets, finishing with "Bloody wooly-headed love-struck idiot!!! You fell for some kind of love-calling, you twit! And look where it got you! Next time, next time protect your mind!"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:19 pm

i chime in "yeah you need brain condoms and you better not think its a good idea still or il have to beat some sense into you boy" i crack my knuckles menacingly as i say the last words.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:21 pm

"I had," I growl, "The question is how she got around it. And as for good ideas, I think we could stand to keep her around for a bit... They seemed to think she was worth something."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:23 pm

i eye her carefully "or they wanted something to take their anger out in case you held fast" i sit down start poking my fingers in the bulletholes.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:23 pm

I shake my head, glancing over at the huddled woman. Then I look back at Djhuety. "And you're well? You're okay? Did they hurt you?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:26 pm

"Well, no body bit me," I smile impishly, "But they did seem to be striking me more then normal."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:27 pm

i shake my head "I say we kill her now, what if next time she charms me?" i look at djhuety "i know you are all powerfull and stuff but you dont use your powers" i turn to liv "and we dont know if shes more powerful than you if she is we dont know if you could glamour me" i look at liam and kaija "and i dont think even those can beat me in a physical fight" i shake my head and stroke my beard "better to cut our losses early i say".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:32 pm

"Ignacy, are you trying to be a horse's ass, or is it natural?" I snap, turning to the young woman. "You've done enough killing for one day. Leave her be. Whether she's theirs or she's a dupe, she may know something. So hush."
Bending down beside the woman, I study her. Not Kindred. Straight human. But still...still...carefully, I sing my healing song. The woman's eyes flutter.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:34 pm

i shrug "fine chief but please tell me were not taking her with us at least".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:36 pm

The scream that died at the needle erupts and she pushes herself hard to the wall, staring first at Liv, then Ignacy, Liam and Kaija in turn, panting in fear.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:39 pm

I hold up my hands, forcing my voice to be cool and soothing. "It's all right. We'll not harm you. Calm down." She stares at us all, and gulps.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:41 pm

"Just let me leave... I did my job, just let me leave." Her voice goes up an octave and she clasps her right hand close to her chest.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:43 pm

i wipe the blood from my sword and say "works for me".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:45 pm

"Look, we don't want to hurt you." I say, laying one hand on her shoulder, "Please, calm down." I add a little magic to my words to help her do so.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:50 pm

She relaxes a shade, but continues to protect her arm from view. "What do you want?" Her voice has only a slight timber to it as I turn in my seat and move to get up slowly.

"Anything you care to tell us about your employer." I stand as tall as I can, trying to ignore the traces of blood on my shirt. "This hasn't been a stellar day for me, and you'll either sing like a canary or simply be a canary."

She whimpers and pushes herself toward the corner of the room, eyes large with fright.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:56 pm

i sigh irritated as i cauterize my wounds with a lighter "listen girl either you give us the information we want or nasty things start happening and i dont honestly see yourself defending yourself against anything stronger than a sickly kobold right now"

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:58 pm

I look into the girl's dark eyes. She can't be more than eighteen. And she's terrified. I turn, giving Djhuety and Ignacy a glare that clearly says 'knock it off now', then turn back.
"Don't worry. They're just angry. The men who hurt my friend...and who hurt you, they've been after him for a long time. We're hoping to stop them. Any help you could give us, we could use." She stares up at us, the fear in her eyes easing a little.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:09 pm

"They caught me, well... acquiring some new property in another building. They told me I could work off my debts and had me rob some private book collection for some field book on Faerie; they said that wasn't enough then used me to bait in Lambkin over there," she points at me... "I had to turn key my way in enough to get his hormones going; I mean, what kind of guy needs to be coaxed that hard to have a good time with me," Her tone goes indignant, "I mean, we all cater in pleasure here, in one form or another... Unless I'm not your type." She finishes suggestively.

"Of course... I mean... What..." I stammer, starting to blush again.

She smirks. "Well at least I know you DO find me attractive. Loosen up, Lambkin, or you'll never have any fun."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:30 pm

"Did you hear any of their names?" I ask hopefully, "Any of those who forced you?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:36 pm

"Names like Sruth and Djehuty... maybe a Sylus from one of the blackish bird-things... They were careful only to meet me one at a time when they could." She points to a barely simian form lying in a heap at the door of the room. "He was my contact, and the sodding prick that jammed a needle in my neck."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:46 pm

A shiver of fear runs down my spine at the sound of Grandmother's name. If they know about my holt....
"Any other names?" I say quietly, "Maybe someone slipped and mentioned a title, the name of a group, something of that sort?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum