The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A strange family

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A strange family Empty A strange family

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:45 am

i hold the umbrella over me and kiou as i ring the doorbell a minute passes and a servant opens the door "yes?" i barge in past him saying "oh screw you taking so ong with the door" i hand him the umbrella and gestures for kiou to come in when shes close enough i whisper "keep those knifes close my family is a strange sort".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

A strange family Empty Re: A strange family

Post  Kamurei Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:49 am

"Very well..." Kiou nodded softly as she kept close to Sori as they entered. "Are you always so rude to the person at the door? Or just today because it is special and you want to impress me?"
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:52 am

i smile a bit and lie "no i just dont like standing out in the rain".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:03 pm

"I see...". She smiled lightly and took her hand. "I hope your family is a welcoming sort."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:05 pm

i shrug "sort of kinda many of them have tried to kill me before tho" seeing her raise an eyebrow "oh dont worry they probably wont try anything with mother here".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:41 pm

"Good. I would like to avoid having to kill your family. ". Kiou sighed softly and let Sori lead her.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:46 pm

i mutter "not that you could if you tried" i lead her through the maze of corridors past my room and to the dining room i take a deep breath and open the door gesture for kiou to walk in and then do likewise i ignore lena sucking suggestively on a strawberry get a chair out for kiou and sit down myself.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:51 pm

Taking the seat, Kiou can't help but wonder why this family member of Sori's would choose to eat a piece of fruit on such a fashion. In her opinion it did nothing except make the fruit appear dirty.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:56 pm

i sit down and look around i see harry the changeling sitting opposite to me next to him hans with his mechanical chicken sitting on his shoulders hans whispering to himself and at the end of the table is mother the others are talking amongst each other the air subtly changes to grow more still and they quiet down eventually she says "welcome to our home" she looks at kiou and say "so you are the lotus that my little girl here is smitten with" i say "ye-" only to be cut down mid sentence her eyes turn to me and she says "i wasnt talking to you darling wait your turn".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:01 pm

Kiou's back straightened as she assessed the mother before her. "Yes ma'am.". If nothing else, she wanted her proud samurai lineage to shine through.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:03 pm

she grabs a walnut and crushes it in her hand she says "so tell me about yourself and while i do appreciate the effort theres no need to be so formal we're nothing but monsters after all" she says the last part in a menacing playful sort of tone.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:11 pm

"I apologize in advance as I know no other way.". Kiou cleared her throat. "My name is Kiou Kunishi of the clan Kunishi. I am an only child and, regarding recent events, most likely an orphan. I met Sori at the apartment where we live. Liv, saved me from a demon when i arrived and took me there to live with them. " her gaze stayed with the head of the household trying to ensure she did not disrespect her.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:18 pm

its eerily quiet around the table lena's stopped sucking on the strawberry hell even hans is paying attention for once mother nods as kiou speaks she takes a drink from the wineglass next to her plate and asks "so what made you choose my daughter? i thought you japanese thought about your line above else it seems strange to me that you would throw out the chance to have children" i take a carton of lucky strikes out of my pockets take one out put it to my lips and light it.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:22 pm

"It is true that the prospect of having children is endangered while we are together. However, given the state of the place where we choose to reside, I cannot help but feel as though there is still the possibility of children. I myself, on my first real outing into the world here, managed to attain knowledge of machines I had never dreamed of. I fail to see how such a possibility of children cannot also be a reality." Kiou looked to Sori with a light smile before looking to her mother again. "Besides, she is strong and beautiful, It would do her a disservice if I did not choose her."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:34 pm

a servant rushes up to my mother and whispers in her ear the candlelights flare as she snaps at him "well deal with it!" the lights die down and i blow out the smoke she smiles at us and says "nothing to worry about" as the words leave her mouth the same servant she sent out is thrown literally through the door tearing it off its hinges in the door stands an old man with white hair and a white beard i look to kiou and squeeze her hand mother sighs and says "sigvar i thought i told you you werent invited".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Despite the explosion that Sigvar had created, Kiou kept her cool mask in place. Squeezing Sori's hand back she hoped to convey that no matter what, she was not leaving. Flashing Sori a smile, she then looked to the man in the door wondering why he had chosen to act in such a fashion when turning the handle would have worked just as well.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:41 pm

the man enters casually puts on sunglasses and says "yeah well deal with it" before continuing "they are my children too and i have a right to be part of their life" mother takes a sip from the wineglass and says "the court didnt seem to think soo" the man groans and say "come on we both knew you slept with the judge" before long they are bickering like an old couple and the people around the table starts chatting amongst themselves i sigh in relief and say "that went well".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:45 pm

Kiou tried to keep up with the conversations around the table as much as she could. Leaning towards Sori, she talked to her softly. "Your family is very energetic. Why were you living with Liv and the others if you had someplace this warm to return to?"
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:47 pm

i shrug and say "had problems sleeping here after most of them tried to kill me in different ways".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:48 pm

"I see. We won't be staying the night then I imagine." Kiou smiled at her.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:50 pm

i shrug "we can if youd like too its not like they're gonna try something with mother around you might think that im strong when it comes to manipulating fire but shes a pureblood æsir she holds mastery over her own magic and the elements alike".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:55 pm

"Don't thank little of me but I have no idea what an æsir is. Nor will I pretend to understand just how you manage to wield fire as you do." Kiou smiled still. "If you wish to stay the night, then I will stay with you."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:57 pm

i smile and say "well it is raining outside".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:00 pm

"Very well, then we stay. I will need a change of clothes to sleep in unless you would rather I wear something else..." Kiou smiled still as she let what she was not saying explain what she was saying to Sori.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:02 pm

"i got some clothes stashe-" i stop mid sentence and a dumbfounded look on my face i say "oh ok".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum