The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Echoes in the Endless Night

2 posters

Go down

Echoes in the Endless Night Empty Echoes in the Endless Night

Post  Liam Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:34 pm

The smell and the sound where we are deposited are the first two things we notice. well, the first two things I notice, too many and too much cheap perfume and some gods awful disco techno syth music. next thing I know someone is yelling about me needing a costume or to get out. After my eyes adjust to the new and terrible lighting I level a Look at Liv "You simply had to pick Diva's didnt you?" I grumble catching sight of a couple of poorly costumed bouncers making their way our direction "time to go I look bad in drag." I grab her wrist so for once I don't loose her in the bleeding crowd.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Echoes in the Endless Night Empty re:echoes

Post  Liv Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:44 pm

"They don't look much themselves." I call over the noise. Though there is a quite passable Dolly Parton and a rather nice Cathrine o'Hara. The rest....well, men are men. A dress will not change the fact. And human men look very male, usually. If they like men, why do they try so hard to appear as women?
Humanity is strange. I've said it many times, and I will say it again.
It's a relief to get out the door and away from the throbbing beat. After a moment of catching our breaths, I turn, casting about. "You know the way to the apartment from here?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Echoes in the Endless Night Empty Re: Echoes in the Endless Night

Post  Liam Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:52 pm

I smile "how brave are you feeling for getting back?" I ask "i can get us home quickly enough i believe" my hands going to my pockets "you did say I could play with alchemy after making that gun"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:57 pm

"As long as it makes no great noise. I have had my fill of loud noise for the day." I mutter, stuffing my hands in my pockets. As if on cue, an ambulance roars by, the banshee on its roof wailing and the driver swerving like a drunkard.
When the thing is far enough away that I can uncover my ears, I glare up at the sky a moment. "Fate loves a joke. The bitch." With a sigh, I turn again to Liam. "Lead on."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 pm

"Lead nothing" I smirk taking my hands out of my pockets "I got the Idea from your bag" i say as I clip to pieces together and begin unfolding them, once it has unfolded enough the wheels drop, harnessed foxfire rippling along the spokes, mounting the bike I smirk " hop on, I figured if I needed to go looking for you I wanted a quick way to get out of any mess i got into or if i needed to chase you since you are faster them me on foot" when my hands play with the controls it comes to life with a soft hum.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:40 pm

For a moment, I can only stare at the contraption. "There is no way I will touch that." I state flatly. "It looks like metal and electricity. In short, a disaster."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:56 pm

"Liv, it is alchemy based around being kindred friendly, it has worked fine in every test I have been able to do, I promise at worst the accelerator stops working and we coast to a stop" I can't help but be a little crestfallen "Besides disaster is the mother of adventure"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Warily, I climb on behind him. But nothing stings. "All right. You win. Let us go."
With a wolfish grin over his shoulder, Liam kicks the bike into life and takes off.
By the time we reach our apartment building, I must have left bruises on Liam's arm judging by the way I gripped him. He drives like a mad thing, swerving and whipping through tiny spaces. We ought to have crashed four times; what god prevented it I don't know, but I'm thankful.
I'm still shaky when we open the door of our apartment, and the explosion that occurs on the other side does not help. "Where the effing hell 'ave you lot been?!!" Lily all but shouts, glaring at us, her delicate tattoed hands balled into fists. I blink as the diatribe washes over us. "What the sodding arseholed hell did you thing disappearing off into the effing blue like that?! You sodding bastards! You run off and leave me t'deal with this crazy shit?! Sod you both, you effing arseholes!"
I cock my head. What is the girl on about?
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:28 pm

I take a breath "slow down Lily, we have only been gone a couple of hours I though" I say slowly " we were looking for what happened to Kaija." then after a deep breath "what happened?"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:33 pm

"What 'appened?! Only Kiou goin' half mad on me, and goin' through one hell of a ride inside that cloud-cookoo land she calls a brain, and then tryin' to get out again in one piece, that's what happened! She's got 'alf 'erself caged up, 's like something of the sodding telly!" Looking at Lily's mind is like looking at a kaleidoscope. So many emotions....
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:44 pm

"wait, what? like full fledged Personality aspect separation?" I ask "That is bloody dangerous to the most stable of minds and. . Hell, no wonder she was having seizures" pinching the bridge of my nose "it never rains" I mutter shaking my head "we get this and kaija sorted out and I am giving up sobriety for a week, at least" it is more to myself then to the girls " i am guessing you don't have to juice help her given how fractured she was when we found her and that bleeding eastern totemic magic that they seem to enact without thought, I am sorry we put you in danger we didn't know what was happening"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:57 pm

"If I don't got the juice, no way in 'ell you do, arsehole." Lilly shoots back. I blink. "Lily, you sound like a cockney caricture. Calm down and add the consonants back into your speech."
"Sod you!" Lily snarls at me. I frown. "You're making no sense. And you are acting like a fool."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:24 pm

"Lily, you are right I dont have the juice, I never said that I do," then to liv, "Can you get anything you need ready? I think Kaija has spent more then enough time in others hands." Back To lily "Is Kiou's mind at least half way stable for the time being? you know more then I do about those things" hopefully acknowledgment to both their strengths will diffuse the situation enough to avoid needing cold water.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:28 pm

"I can be ready in ten minutes." I say quietly, slipping into the kitchen. We'll need herbs.
Lily glares at Liam for a moment. Then she shrugs, her thin shoulders rising and falling like wings. "She's asleep. An' she's not going to wake up too soon. She needs help, but it doesn't need to be this second."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:36 pm

I nod " I really am sorry, if no one else I should have at least thought of those Bloody guardian spirits" I say trying to placate her a little " and if you care we may have found out where Kaija is though you won't like it in the least" gods is this going to be messy
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:07 pm

"What's she gotten herself into, then?" Lily asks grudgingly, shooting a look down the hall.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:20 pm

" your old mistress has her" i reply "And the lady of poison will regret such an action" my voice is low and hard " and i intend to take her back, no matter what it takes" the idea of blood and death is more then slightly appealing, since all of our meetings with Belladonna have ended poorly uprooting her is an idea I can get behind.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:38 pm

At the words, Lily's body goes stiff. "You aren't going to try another stunt like the last one, are you?" she asks pointedly, staring Liam in the eye.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:48 pm

I smile " if i tried the same thing it would be crazy, but i am not an oath breaker either lily" my tone is intended to be light hearted "besides, they don't know who they are messing with" i almost feel bad for them, if kaija really cuts loose" I trail off suppressing a shudder, my lip then curls "and how bad can Belladonna really be? I have seen organisations like her come and go made enemies with a lot of them too but i am still here"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:42 pm

Lily's wheat colored brows arched. "'Ow bad can it be?! Din't anyone ever give you the horror movie one-oh-one rundown, you gobshite?" Turning away, she strode down the hall, shoulders stiff. "Jus' come and help me fix the mad biddy in the bedroom, alright?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:42 pm

I shrug as I follow Lily to where Kiou lay " I normally was the monster from the horror flick so not so much." i mutter then louder " How am I to help? unlike Kaija I have no hand in the mindscape of others, and my magic is clumsy at best" looking down it is hard not to feel bad for wjat happened to kiou.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum