The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Samurai and Berzerk

5 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Samurai and Berzerk - Page 3 Empty Re: Samurai and Berzerk

Post  Kamurei Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:22 pm

"Who are you to speak on a culture of which you are not a part of?". Kiou watched her a calculating glance.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:04 am

Watching the byplay between the two women. "Enough, Both of you. You are correct I did decline your offer of marriage for multiple reasons not the least of which being both Kaija and Ignacy, erm Sori." I say calmly, "Yet, there is merit to what both say. so let me put it too you this way." I take a deep breath "Within this household everyone has a place, Some choose to leave, Others do not." I pause for a moment "But not without giving fair chance to themselves and to the other occupants. Kaija, Please get a Training sword that is compfotable for you, my practice spear, and the heavier training blade like the one she has. Cool your head and come back. Kiou You are going to learn about another culture today. You are afraid, don't waste my time with 'i am no coward' bullshit. You are hateful twords us and twords the other kiou because you while having the swordskill, are ruled by your passions, and are afraid of what happens when you stop and think, the other Kiou is afraid of her own passions to the point where she finds solace in simple tasks. Fear is good it keeps you sharp, but you battle your fear by being angry at all of us, Anger is good too it can drive you on, But to be ruled by either is folly. and with Kaija helping you, I am going to show you why." the entire time I am talking I am finishing removing the remains of the shirt an ugly bruise where she had struck me already forming.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:12 am

Kiou went red in the face as she listened to Liam hand out his judgement. What right did any of them have to speak about her in such ways? What right did any of them have to speak as they did? "Do not take me for some lost child. Everything was perfectly fine before. She didn't have to know anything. And yet you stand here lecturing me on the merits and shortcomings of fear!? You spirits know nothing of fear! Nothing of longing! Nothing of being trapped and tortured! You think of nothing but yourselves! And yet, even still you harp to me for doing as you do.". Kiou pointed to Kaija. "At least she has the courtesy to show her true.face for what it is. You all wish me dead. You all favor her for her complacent nature. Do not think for even a moment that I do not know this. "
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:23 am

"I know nothing of fear? of longing." at this point i can't help but laugh "if i wished you dead I would have killed you. I have more years of knowledge of torcher, fear, longing and anguish then you have had Breaths." the words are cold and hard "of the whole of the household I am both the oldest and youngest. and of the lot of them, she is the only one who knew me before I had been cursed." my lip curls back as the familiar beast of my anger begins to stir back to wakefulness "By dumb luck or by the work of the fates the lot of us were brought together, had anyone else seen you in this place they would have left you to the ravages of the satyr that had laid eyes on you. so don't you dare accuse us of wishing you harm. Kaija is hotheaded and rash but she has the right to be. I know more about your culture then you think and less then I would like too. But from my understanding spirit or not one is expected to show manners, even enemy warlords did such."
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:31 am

"Respect need not be given if samurai are involved. I am of a class that commands respect yet at every turn there is someone here wishing me harm. It is for this reason that no longer convey any respect with regards to those that inhabit this home. ". Kiou's eyes narrow a moment. "I also fail to see how no one would wish me harm when that flower bitch thought it best to try and trap me within this body. Your words say one thing but the actions of the house say another. ". Almost casually she motions to Kaija as further proof.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:49 am

"That is in the east, in the west respect is earned, Lily entrapped you because you threatened the rest of us unprovoked. do you think i forgot. I can see where the difficulty would lay for you. Let me tell you this, In this time the samurai as you know them are gone, it is nothing more then a fancy title and a word that fuels the imagination of children. Other kiou earned the respect of the household because she did show it and understood the words were less then the actions. Now it is your turn, None of us want you dead, Liv and Dejhuty want to be able to trust you. Sori apparently cares a great deal for you. And I can appreciate your skill as a warrior. So swallow your damn Pride for a moment and Look around you."
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:10 am

"I have looked around me and all I see is spirits, demons the lot of you. Unlike her though, I know you are all not to be trusted. I came to protect her in that bathroom only to be rewarded with a cage and her realizing I existed. You all ruined the balance we had in favor of this. I have seen, watched from within how you treat her. Even if I accepted it at face value, truthful compassion, then it means my life will be spent in captivity as you lot will not see me as anything more than a nuisance. If I see it for what it is, fake compassion, then the moment I relax, you lot will kill me. The only path for me is to kill those who she places her trust in. ". Her words ended on a cold note as her eyes shifted to looking at the ground. Jealousy panged through her but she did her best to ignore it instead trying to focus more on the anger she held for these people... Spirits... Whatever they were.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:29 pm

"Get them yourself, Brother. I have no quarrel with thee." I speak as I turn and slyly walk away. I have had enough of this bitch's rantings. *And by the way, all I ever wanted from other Kiou was a friend. She chose Lily over me.* I speak into Kiou's mind.

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:35 pm

Kiou turned and watched Kaija walk towards the door. "She wished for your friendship as well. She spoke to Lily more often simply because of that demoness' ability to enter into mental realms that she does not belong. But it makes no matter. If you chose to hate me or the other me, then the ending will still be the same."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:37 pm

I stop, turn quickly, and laugh loudly. "You think I hate either of you! NO! Never. I hold you in the highest respect. If I did not, I would not be honest with you. Now, calm yourself." I turn and continue to walk away.

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:46 pm

"Why do you respect someone that you seem so intent to quarrel with? How does that convey your respect?" Kiou narrowed her eyes as she watched Kaija continue to walk away.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:48 pm

"I wouldn't waste my time quarreling with you if I didn't respect you." I call over my shoulder while marching off.

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:52 pm

Though she fought against it, Kiou couldn't stop the warm flame of happiness that spread through her. Truly this girl was as close to a proper sister she would ever have. No, she reminded herself, this was no doubt just another ploy to get her to trust them. They would turn on her eventually. Trust was a matter for the weak and those that could not help themselves. "Very well then." There was no anger or malice in her voice as she spoke. It just a few sentences, Kaija had managed to snuff out the anger and sadness that Kiou had had.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:02 pm

*I won't, you know* I send her.

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:20 pm

"You won't what?" Kiou ask flatly as she continued to watch her.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:47 pm

*Turn on you.*

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:48 pm

"And why wouldn't you?" Kiou doubted she would give an honest answer, but she couldn't deny that her interest was piqued.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:50 pm

*I know what you feel.*

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:55 pm

Kiou looked a little confused. "How would that stop you? Would it not instead give you the proper insight on just when to attack?"
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:58 pm

*No, my culture speaks otherwise.*

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:19 pm

"And what does your culture say? I'm not exactly following what you are trying to say young one." Kiou watched her still, unsure if she should trust her or not still.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:21 pm

"When you want a friend, you stand by them and protect their weaknesses. You work with them. You join them in the battle for the greater good." Smiling, I turn to look in her general direction, "My hand is stretched for yours. Will you take it?"

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:26 pm

Reflexively, Kiou took a step back. Despite their distance, it shook her to her core to see someone so willing to befriend her. No one befriended her. They always chose the other Kiou. Even her grandfather had made it clear to her just how things were and how her style of being would be disliked. Yet, regardless, here Kaija was willing to be her friend? None of this made any sense.

"But... You were just willing to fight... Going so far as to spit on my clan. What merit is there is believing you now?"
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:33 pm

I walk back into the room slowly, "Back then, you were fighting my brother. I felt you were taking what's mine for your own. I retract my statements made in anger and fear. Will you overcome anger and fear with me?"

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:40 pm

Overcome anger and fear? Who was this child to make such statements? Kiou took another step back unsure of herself in this moment. No wonder her other self had caved to their will. Their words seemed so heartfelt and real. It was easy to mistake them for the truth. "My fear... and my anger are what keep me alive. To lose them would mean death at your hands or another's."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum