The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Samurai and Berzerk

5 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Samurai and Berzerk - Page 7 Empty re:berzerk

Post  Liv Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:44 pm

"My work is here and now. I'll be more use to my holt fixing the problem, not treating its symptoms. But so you know, this is going to be...difficult." I meet Liam's eyes. "Perpahps as difficult as it was getting you straigtened out. In nine days, I'll call the Meeting of the Waters."
I sigh, studying my hands. "Three hard things there will be in this. The finding of the place for the calling, the calling itself, and then, the speaking.
It's said that the calling was made from the greatest hill in the land. So here, that gives us a choice. If we go out into England proper, there is a hill called Gwynfryn. The White Mound. It was once the Seat of Kings here. It has the needed power in it. Unfortunately, the Tower of London is built on it now. That'd mean getting through security, and that means we'd have to be close to unarmed. I don't particularly like those odds.
Our other choice is staying here in the Nightside. And that means Griffin Hill. Which poses its own troubles, of course.
Then will come the Calling. That will be difficult. I won't be able to do anything until the Calling is complete, so I'll need you lot to watch my back.
And then, we see who comes to the Call, and I try to get them to see sense. That may be the hardest part. I'm not only a half-breed, but a child. Getting them to listen to me will be very difficult. And then...well, we shall see." I spread my hands on the table. "So, lads. What say you?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Samurai and Berzerk - Page 7 Empty Re: Samurai and Berzerk

Post  Liam Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:55 pm

"How does that go, 'overwhelming odds with little hope of success?' I'm In" then as an afterthought "Maybe we should see if Caska is willing to take your sisters side, since part of his curse is to be the eternal soldier on the loosing side. granted that means finding him and convincing him to be against us which in and of itself could take years" Then at the look "met him in world war I it was not fun and let me tell you that spear is still as sharp as it was 2,000 years ago"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:59 pm

I roll my eyes. "Solemnity has no chance in your presence."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:01 am

"To live without a sense of the absurd, or at least a sense of humor, is to only exist. I did that for more then long enough, I choose to Live" I reply "besides, your a bard, arent the greatest of stories made when the conflict is such?"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:05 am

I roll my eyes. "Unfortunately, as a bard I know that in stories heroes are glorious whether they live or they die. The dying itself is glory in legends. Cuchulain gets remembered best for dying tied to a big rock in glorious pigheadedness. But there's no silver star for second place in what we're doing. If we fail..." I draw a sharp breath, caging panic. "We can't fail."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:09 am

"Then we won't" I Shrug saying it as if it is the most obvious thing in the world "We know what is going on, we know what we need to do." to my mind it is that simple "and if they won't listen we make them listen, the people we need to convince are archetypes, personifications taken to their most pure, and that is what we need to remind them of isn't it? that we all are tied together and severing that tie is the worst possible idea ranking up there with giving the naked apes fire?"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:14 am

"You're not helping." I say, a smile playing on my lips. But in a way, he is. He's keeping me from panic. He's putting things in perspective. I stand, setting the kettle on the hob. "So, which hill?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:53 am

"Griffon," Djehuty says after a moment's thought. "As much as I hate to say it, after our last visit there, it's got more appeal then London proper. I'm not sure how well I'd fit out there anymore." He looked at her, a crease of concern crossing his brow, praying his words weren't altering her core being. "I think most of the kin here are likely to meet there anyway."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:30 am

I sigh, "I was afraid you'd say that. Not that I disagree....we may well have too much to hide to manage in London herself. But I really hated that hill."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:37 am

"No arguing that emotion. And we got to figure out how to get past the blasted jungle." He smiled. "I don't really want to use the coat to do that again."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:03 pm

My eyes widen. "Then maybe we should use the Tower. At least security guards will throw you in jail, not eat you."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:09 pm

"If that is the case, let me worry about the old serpent, we are both relics from a bygone era. I will have to try and get some help to figure it out but we may be able to turn a liability into an asset." I grin standing "But if that is the case, i want to go in with a definite ace in the hole so I will have some tinkering to do, you two go 'practice' but remember to ask the house to quiet your room when you celebrate" I call over my shoulder as I laugh heading out the door into our common room.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:50 pm

"Oh, for the sake of the Gods, we are not that loud!" I call after him. Then I glance, nervously, at my husband. "Are we?"
I can hear Liam's laughter down the hall. I roll my eyes. "It'll take ages to get him off us about this."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum