The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Samurai and Berzerk

5 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Samurai and Berzerk Empty Samurai and Berzerk

Post  Liam Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:58 pm

Once Kiou and I are in the training room I grab a tin of salt "I don't know how much western lore you have, but a circle of salt is supposed to protect against negative spirits as well as cut off any spirit possessed from their magic" I start as i pop it open walking a slow wide circle around the floor leaving a thick trail. "I am doing this to assure you it will be a battle of skill not sorcery, got it" after words leaving only a small opening for us to walk through I step in and wait so I can close it off.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Samurai and Berzerk Empty Re: Samurai and Berzerk

Post  Kamurei Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:03 am

"Whatever you feel will help you." Kiou sighed lightly and entered the ring of salt. "I could care less about your superstitions." Turning the practice sword over in her hand, she looked it over and inspected it's craftsmanship. It was well made but lighter than she was used to. Light swords were good for practicing, but she would have to keep that in mind when laying down her punishment. Lighter swords had higher tendencies of snapping mid fight.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:08 am

Closing off the circle I turn to her " well then, child lets see how you do" I lift my sword into a cross guard taking it with both hands. "do you wish to start or shall I?" I can see the cold way her eyes are calculating what she is capable of, good at least she isn't hopeless.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:17 am

Kiou slid into a readied position with the practice sword at her waist. How he attacked would determine how she drew her sword. Blatantly holding it out in a defensive or offensive position would give too much away.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:28 am

see that I am to start I smirk and advance, My sword flicking out to test her reactions. after all if i can get an idea of the speed or strength of her blows I should be able to gage how hard I go
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:32 am

Kiou takes a step back at a few of the testing swipes before drawing at the first sight of an opening. Her practice sword clacks loudly against his as both swords vibrate. Sliding her sword down his, she advances to swipe at his chest; closing the distance quickly.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:35 am

I twist the sword in my grip entangling hers with my hilt before twisting to force her off balance next to me, my foot planted sideways to stop hers from moving forward using the leverage from my sword to make her step with that foot as she moves foreward (O soto gaki, or major foot stop).
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:45 am

Gritting her teeth, Kiou abandons the strike and uses her forward momentum to drop down and roll clear of him before coming up in a crouch with her blade up at the ready. Sand from the ground had attached themselves to her clothes and her with her hair in such a disheveled state from the roll, she looked more feral than anything else.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:53 am

I smile "Still think i am easy prey?" I bring my sword up into a ready stance again. "or are you done so soon?"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:02 am

Kiou grit her teeth before launching herself at him in a low attack that swiped up from the bottom.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:00 pm

The move is expected, she is getting angry. my blade slips across my body to force hers to the side, angling the handle I avoid getting my fingers smashed as her blade comes up higher forcing her to be in a wide open stance. Planting my back foot I slip the second one behind one of hers and shoulder check her backwards lifting my foot as I do so she can't put it back on the ground. trying to force her to hit her backside on the ground.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:21 pm

Gritting her teeth, she brought the blade back swiftly against his side and ribs as she fell backwards as he had intended. It had been a cheap blow but she didn't care these spirits all cheated so she couldn't care less. Shuffling up off the ground quickly, she fell into a defensive stance once more.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:35 pm

A woof of air leaving my lungs is sounded by her strike "Good but you should have followed through" I mutter, noting that the force caused a couple of the buttons of my shirt to pop off. damn I liked this shirt, oh well. This time I lunge, deliberately making it look as if I am leaving myself open while keeping one of my hands free.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:33 pm

Kiou smirks lightly as she sees the opening he provided. Did he honestly think her incompetent? Rather than take the opening he provided, she moved him and aimed for the opening he knew he would make if he followed through with his movements. Lucky her, it turned out to be the spot she had just already hit.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:11 pm

As she strikes the wooded blade against my ribs again, I flick my blade back around to strike the back of her knee, my free hand wrapping around her wrist. I can already feel the bruises getting ready to form. "Two good strikes though in truth they would be glancing blows against the armor i wore before i learned what it meant to be a berzerk." I twist digging my fingers into the bones of her wrist "but you are good I will grant you that."
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:16 pm

Kiou yelped sharply as the small bones in her wrist ground against one another painfully. Regardless, she stayed focused on the fight and held at her sword at the ready despite how close they were. His sword came at her and she deflected it as best she could. Grandfather had taught her this sort of fighting once before; and now she was thankful for the lesson.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Making sure that the sword is held edge away from my body I twist trapping it between my body and arm trying to leaver her off to the side and again off balance.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:37 pm

Kiou moved with his throw and ended up in the dirt once more. In frustration and anger, she rushed him quickly. She knew it would leave her open but she didn't care as she clashed wooden sword with him. There was a resounding snap as her blow against his sword left the top half of her sword flinging through the air. She only knew it was her because not a few second later had the butt of his sword striking against the soft spot of her ribs.

With another yelp, she shuffled backwards panting as she watched him with narrowed eyes. "You..."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:42 pm

"Have a lot more years of fighting then you do" then looking at the broken blade "Damn, should have grabbed the heavier one." then lifting my blade "Well are you giving up just because your sword broke?" then taking a deep breath "If you will fight from anger learn to wield it just as you do your sword, not let it wield you."
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:49 pm

Kiou looked him over a moment before holding the broken blade before her. She inspected it slowly before giving him the same calculating glance. This man, no spirit, had bested her. Her grandfather had fought like a Tengu and yet this man had bested her. Tossing the broken blade aside, she faced him with her cold calculating stare. "Marry me. Your skill is greater than mine and I need a man that can guarantee me talented children. Marry me."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Samurai and Berzerk Empty re:berzerk

Post  Liv Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:48 pm

Beneath them, the floor groans and creaks, and the walls of the practice room shudder slightly.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:33 pm

"You need to find balance first." I start slowly "both sides of you, the docile and the one standing before me are you and very real aspects of you. should I marry I would be marrying all of the person, not just one part." I am uncomfortably glad that Liv is not here to see my emotions at the moment. "You are talented I will grant you that, and I would ask a boon of you, I never really grasped eastern swordplay, But Kaija, the little redhead has more of the qualities it takes then I do. if you would be willing to teach her at least the rudiments we could talk of such later on."
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Kiou tightened her jaw and met his gaze squarely. "I'll not teach the secrets of my family to those outside of my family. My grandfather was clear about this. If you wish your sister to learn, then marriage is the only thing I will ever accept." She paused a moment as she waited for his response. Of course, she had completely disregarded his request for balance. She would never accept such a thing as it meant death for her.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:45 pm

"Ahh and there is where the second half of my request came in, the rudiments are not the secrets." If she wants to mesh words I can do this, Liv and dejhuty are not the only ones to mince words, then tilting my head "Another round this time with a practice blade that shouldn't break?" the marriage offer still has me off balance "best two out of three? I will admit you are the best opponent I have had in a number of years"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:50 pm

"The rudiments you speak of lay the groundwork for mastering the final teachings. Anyone can see how a house will eventually look if you build the frame for them. Such is the rudimentary teachings of my family's swordsmanship. But, if it is another spar you crave, then I shall appease you." Kiou sighed softly as she adjusted her weight into a more relaxed and masculine position. Though she had the same face it was clear she was nothing like her other self.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum