Lass's Tear

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lass's Tear

Post  Djehuty on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:21 pm

The wires lace their way up the arm as the room turns to mist and the man turns with a fading shout. The soft flowers of the valley catch Liv as she falls. Her long fingers lock backwards, dislocating themselves as the searing metal burns down to the bones themselves. Her skin seems to crawl over her forearm like a mass of beetles.

Lily gasped as Liv's hand, radiating some inner heat grabbed her in the strength of agony, her nails digging painfully into her flesh as she ground her teeth.
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

re:Tears

Post  Liv on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:59 pm

Pain, searing, blinding.
I need to get away from the pain. I need to get away. NOW.
With a gasp, I sit up.
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:16 pm

The soft mist glows with light from an unseen source, the smell of damp rising from the ground that feels both solid, yet forgiving to touch. The flowers that the mist curls through seem unreal, almost as if painted on something behind, something more substantial... A balcony rises overhead, and soft whispers and giggles fall from above, buzzing through the garden like bees before drifting away. Only one thing remains constant, the pained voice in the far corner, across a stream that seems to flow intermittently between it's razor straight banks.

The voice, noticeable untrained, wavering with emotion, murmurs, somewhere between singing and reciting; the words are lost in the mist, but the cadence continues, repeating over and over.

Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:00 pm

I cock my head, listening. The voice is untrained, but lovely, high, child-like and melodious. Where is she?
The mist churns.
The little girl is sitting alone, gleaming like a lost star. Pale and pure as a snowflake, her hair shining almost white. Her eyes are closed, her whole body leaning in to her voice.
It's Lily. The girl may be no more than seven, but it's Lily. The expression on her face makes my heart ache. I've never seen her so open, so honest, so....lonely.
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:32 pm

A particularly loud burst of giggling caused the young Lily's eyes to flit up ward, and she curled inward again, a tight ball that continued the muted chant through fabric and flesh. The surroundings seem to melt a little, and bricks appear like fireflies, suspended around them and the stream takes on an unhealthy look. And the plants... they wind tighter and take on a more primitive appearance. The girl breaks a moment, whispering "I want to go home." before curling up again.
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:38 pm

Very carefully, I step forward, kneeling, and hold out my hand. "Hey, little one. Take my hand. I'll take you home."
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:41 pm

The Lily curls deeper. "No you can't. I don't know the way home," she lets out a little hiccup between weak sobs.
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:46 pm

I smile gently. "That's all right. I'll find it. I'm good at finding things." I lean forward encouragingly. "It'll be okay. I promise. And I never break my promise."
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:05 am

"No, no, no..." The Lily hiccups again, a miserable look crossing her face. "No, no, no..." She glances upward and more bricks interlace around them. The voices come louder, the balcony drifts upward. They're familiar, as they swirl down tauntingly, indistinct.
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:15 am

"Let me help." I say softly. "It's what I do."
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:50 am

"I don't know!" she cries over the voices, pushing Liv away.
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:01 am

"It's okay." I whisper, "You don't need to."
Reaching out, I envelope the little girl in a hug, humming soothingly. "It's okay, little one. You don't need to cry any more."
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:29 am

She struggles a moment before stopping, her hiccups becoming worse in the closeness of the embrace. Her tears come harder as the voices continue to get louder and louder, until she pushes Liv back hard and curls up again, sobbing until the balcony vanishes entirely and the bricks rise up in an arch over their heads. Footsteps echo loudly in the corridor, approaching through the mists and flowers.
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:42 pm

Finally, I sit back. I can't get through to her. And perhaps I am not meant to; perhaps it is my place to watch and understand.
Through the mist steps a woman in a flaring plum dress. Her pale skin glows in the gloom. Her proud, cold, beautiful face is shaded with a faint smile.
Belladonna. It is her, though years younger. Her eyes are deep, luminous pools as she kneels, the mist swirling about her. She studies the small girl with an appraising, predatory expression.
"Yes. You'll do."
The words make my hackles stand on end.
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:30 pm

I sigh softly "Lily, there is a lot to talk about, but I can't broach the subjects that need broaching beyond offering the same in return. I will lay aside some of my own armor, if you do." I know better then to reach for her hands I can smell the magic and the way it is twining, it would be to dangerous to interrupt "I can't and won't pry, because I would dislike someone prying with me, I can only ask."
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:21 pm

Lily studied Liam a moment. "Ask away, but I'm not obligated to answer."

Lily looked up at the new woman before burying her head in her arms again. "Do what?" He voice came muffled through the cloth.

The woman looked at Liv while addressing Lily. "You've nothing more to loose, dear. Only yourself, and that makes you valuable." Her smile is like tendril of ice snaking outward. "No family, no possessions. The Lily of the Valley, asking not what sustains it, no longer grasping for desires." She bent and lifted Lily's chin to meet her eyes. "Tell me your name, my lily."

The girl pauses a moment, staring into the large black eyes. "Susan," she finally managed, with a sidelong glance at Liv. "Susan Chubb." The woman nods and holds out a slender hand. "Come. There is no home for you, but you will bloom where I plant you."
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:41 am

And then I'm back in the field of flowers, quick as a blink. I shake my head hard to dispel the sense of vertigo. Hell, this is getting odder all the time. And my arm still aches.
And what just happened...what a thing to happen to a little girl. No wonder she's the way she is...
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:48 am

"You really don't understand it in hear."

The voice comes from behind Liv, and as she turns, she sees a more grown Lily, possibly even older then the girl on the outside, sitting on a large flat rock with one leg tucked up to her chest. "You gotta learn quick. That's how we got here. This is memory and thought and decision." she waves her hand around and then points at Liv's arm. "And we just gave you the key that lets you talk to any part of us you want."
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:52 am

"Then I'm grateful to you." I say quietly, swallowing my surprise.The young woman smiles. She's not the girl I know; she's older, more confident. "And you would be....?"
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:55 am

"We're Lily," she smiles cryptically. "Learn quickly, Liv. We may never let you back in if this goes wrong."
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:16 am

"I hate riddles you know." I mutter to myself.
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:54 am

"When did you last hear of an adolescent making life easy?" She says, surging to her feet. "But I'll tell you this. We're hurting, we're confused, and out there," she points upward, "Liam can help build the paths. But for God and Devil, stop looking for and talking to me!" She takes a step backward and a mist rises and envelops her features.
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:08 pm

I start with my questions slow and deliberate "How did you come to be part of this then?" gesturing around the room "you are no wilting flower that I have seen, there is too much iron in you." the words are supposed to be a compliment but I realize i have not really taken the time to know her so I doubt it will be taken as one.
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:28 pm

Lily pauses and looked up, still stroking Liv's hair. "I don't know... it's just," she pauses as something pulls deep in her mind, causing her to cringe. "This is the only place I've ever been needed." Memories slash across her vision, but she forces them back down. "The Belladonna may not be a coddling mother, but she does know how to live day by day. She doesn't have her own agenda like everyone else."
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:31 pm

"With a name like Nightshade it is surprising she can be a mother" I then tilt my head "Though when have we shown that we have an agenda with you?" A low chuckle comes from my throat "As I recall you were the one trying to mark our storyteller weren't you?" I tilt my head to the side a little. "but I know the feeling to exist day to day."
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top