The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lass's Tear

5 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Lass's Tear - Page 6 Empty re:Tears

Post  Liv Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:34 am

A bark of laughter rushes out of my throat. "Belladonna? Really? Can you get any more campy? A green witch who calls herself-gasp!- Belladonna!" I wiggle my fingers in the air. "OOoh, how ominous!" Then I shoot a smirk at Liam. "All right, let's go see the supervillan want-to-be."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lass's Tear - Page 6 Empty Re: Lass's Tear

Post  Djehuty Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:41 am

Tetter pulls at the screen and it parts for Liam and Liv, allowing them to step through, then crouches and hands Liv her bag and Liam a satchel filled with his various accouterments, looking at them furtively every few moments and rubbing her hands together nervously. "This way," she motions, and leads them down a series of widening corridors to the channel, checking over her shoulder every few moments and generally keeping Liv between her and the viking.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:48 am

"Girl, you need to do more research sometimes I think" My lip curls there is an old joy in having a perceived enemy be afraid of you, it means you are doing things right, or used to "who is the one who actually drugged us?"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:21 am

"Martha Stewart Gardens meets Lord of the Flies." I mutter in Liam's ear. "Or Oliver, maybe." The girl shoots a nervous look back at me.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:33 am

She becomes defiant for a moment. "You were trespassing when Taxus pricked you," she snaps before almost immediately becoming repentant and scurrying ahead a few steps. "You wouldn't have come otherwise." she finishes in a more subdued tone.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:05 am

"Perhaps not. But perhaps asking would have made fewer enemies." I reply, a little acerbic. "Being trapped tends to leave a bad taste in the mouth."
After a long silence, I raise my voice. "We came here to get our friend Lily. You know her?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:32 am

Tetter stopped, and as Liv ran into her, yelped in surprise, her voice reverberating off the walls as she turned to look at Liv with wide eyes.

"L-Lily?" She looked from side to side as she backed away from Liv quickly. "No, no, no... I don't know her. Come on, The Lady is waiting." Tetter's voice rose with each word and she turned quickly and almost fled down the passage, leaving Liv and Liam to look at each other, then pick up their pace to keep up.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:39 am

I watch the girl as we walk. If she doesn't know Lily, or at least something about her, then I'm a pebble in the mud.
At length, a screen of leaves is pulled aside, and we're led into a wide hall. Nightshade berries gleam like dead stars on the wall, luscious and deadly. Their scent fills the air. Before us, a great chair has grown out of the ground, woven of yew saplings. And in it sits the palest woman I've ever seen. Her skin is almost translucent, pale as snow. Too pale, far too pale, made even more stark by her black hair....and her eyes. Pure black. No iris, no pupil.
I can feel my hackles rise when her eyes touch me.
"I'd say well met," I call, "But we seem rather badly met today. Forgive any trespass we may have committed in our ignorance. We thank you for this welcome in the hall, and for your hospitality." If she follows the old law, that will cover our bases; she can't kill a guest under the laws.
That is of course if she follows them. And there's no guarantee of that.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:43 am

"Well met," she returns, her voice rustling like leaves in a cold wind. "Now tell me why the river queen travels so far from her banks."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:48 am

"I am a bard, Lady, and a bard travels where she will." I state calmly. "I come here seeking our friend. Lily. There was strife among us, and I come to make amends and remedy it. May we speak with her?" I hold her eyes, though they're nearly impossible to read. Her emotions, on the other hand, are easy. Anger flares hot and fast.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:12 pm

"Lily is mine to deal with as I will." Belladonna said, leaning forward, "She's not leaving me again. Besides," she smiled, showing pale teeth, "Don't you have more trying issues?"
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:57 pm

"If you know of me, Lady, then perhaps you know of my people. I am of the Dratsie. We tend to our own. Lily was given hospitality in my home, and she took it, and defended me in my time of need. By the laws of hospitality, I now have claim on her, and all prior claims are done with. I claim her as my own." I nod my head respectfully. "Just so we understand each other. She'll be speaking with us at least, and coming home with us if she wishes."
There are rustles all about the room, sounds that make me dearly wish to turn and look. I restrain myself, holding this creature's eyes.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:08 pm

"Ah, but she sought sanctuary in my house," the woman said, making an encompassing gesture, "She was, and is again, mine to deal with as I choose. You are safe now, Queen, but don't presume to tell me my business. I and my predecessors survived Taylor's wars, and my successor will survive what is to come. This garden needs only a seed to rise from fertile ash."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:10 pm

I smile, very slightly."Yes. A lovely garden. My holt grandmother is an herbalist. I've done a bit of gardening at times." I raise my chin, just a little. "I got rather good at pulling up the weeds. Even the stubborn ones."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:21 pm

"Yes, yes, and they always seem to return the following spring." she waves dismissively. "We serve our purpose and in return we are guaranteed survival as a kind. And it's important to remember to handle many of us with care, dear."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:57 pm

at first the gardening metaphors sound ominous, by the second or third they are simply comical and I find myself smiling, it is mirthless but still. "Really, to be completely blunt, speak plain. I am a simple man, and all these, pardon the pun, Flowery threats and counter threats are getting to be in bad taste. Yes weeds always come back as you put it, but not always in the same place or the same garden, if you truly are looking at her as "one of yours" and we as one of ours, well, shouldn't she be allowed to choose." my own words are low and monotone. "and not even a weed grows in salted earth."
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:14 pm

Belladonna scowled at the interruption. "Very well, I'll speak plain," her voice went flat as she took the measure of Liam. "She is a traitor. She forfeits choice by returning to my custody willingly, and she will be dealt with according to our ways, Norseman. My Muguet is no longer your concern."

She smiled harshly, and steps down from her dais, approaching Liam, stepping carefully around him. As she passed close, he could see she had once lived to her title, but the years had tightened and bleached her skin, leaving only a faded afterimage. "And many of us thrive in the salted earth; we're the first to return to the pillaged field and make the land fertile again. We strip the decay from the Nightside and make it possible for the innocents to live here, what ever our personal values and properties.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:34 pm

I roll my eyes "How pray tell is she a traitor, from my understanding she was a sneak thief and turnkey, beyond that you act to threaten one of mine." my knuckles crack as I clench and unclench my fists the cloying scent she wears reminding me too much of blood and death right now "know this, one way or another if she is harmed mind body or spirit. I will know. There won't be a seed left from which to regrow. those of our home are not to be trifled with and you don't know what you do." I can still feel the call of those foul powers that I had once so well known whispering words of decay and entropy so easy and yet so high a price. "and if Kaija is harmed you will wish i had shown that mercy"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:03 pm

Again she dismissed his threat. "Your little sister is well. We returned her to the streets above hours ago. And your Lily was MY turnkey, and MY successor long before she came to you. She's striped of rank and right, and awaits assignment."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:08 pm

"If she has been stripped of rank then you have no current need of her and should return her to us" I tilt my head to the side "she had been of yours, she is of ours now. I know how those foolish games work, 'your back to being a novice' and then give them an assignment that is sure to kill them. you are more transparent then your would be name." I hold in the sigh knowing kaija isn't here "besides, there was much left to teach her."
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:22 pm

"She won't die and she came to me. She is none of your concern, so leave." She glared up at him. "I am the Nightshade, Liam Bjornson, some time Lazarus. I honor deals made in the Nine Circles long before my time, and those same pacts will continue until this world ends. You are a man, cheat, corpse; don't think more of yourself then you ought."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:33 pm

" I am a man, and neither a corpse or a cheat. I also know what one person can do with nothing more then a little imagination." I put on a smile dropping the threatening demeaner "I also know loyalty and virtue something you have forgotten if the name you have taken is any indication bell"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:39 pm

She shrugged. "My virtue is my own and my title was bequeathed. Now what do you want, since you seem to have finally come past your idle threats." A trace of disdain remained in her voice, though it became sweeter with each word.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:41 pm

"I have been blunt, my intent is the same as it was when I and the River Queen entered. we are here for Lily. " the idea of belladonna being bequeathed is amusing to me but I hold it "No more, No Less. so shall we sit and bargain or shall we continue with the posturing?"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:48 pm

"And what have you that I might want in exchange for a well-connected operative that came to me of free will?" She returned to her seat and sat with a flourish, primly crossing her legs. Her entire baring seemed years younger as she clasped her hands in her lap. "Most of mine are orphans, but we are not above the first born, and all mine are well taken care of and trained."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum