The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken Promise, Kept

5 posters

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Broken Promise, Kept - Page 9 Empty Re: Broken Promise, Kept

Post  Djehuty Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:39 pm

Djehuty looks at Liv... "Me thinks I see your mother in your eyes, dearest."

Lily digs through the piles in her room, the ruck sack on the bed straining at the seams as she comes up with another shiny and stuffs in a nesting space. "All I have," she mutters over to herself again and again, "Is all I hold." She looks again at the small bag and tests it's weight with a hand before swinging it to her shoulder. "Live, survive, to walk alone."

The door resists her for a moment, before the hinges give with a scrap; wincing, Lily peaks out the crack before slowly pushing it further open, bit by bit and sliding into the hall, sack on shoulder and note in hand. Pausing only to touch Kiou's door with the palm of her hand, she slips passed the half open door to Liam's room and slips out the main door, letting her message drift to the floor.

Thank you.

My time here has been wonderful, as close to family as I've known. But I need to be on my way before I lose any more then I have.

Take care,

Lily
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:48 pm

I widen my search when I get no response. Catching a glimpse of the paper by the door, I casually walk over and pick it up. However upon reading I cascade of fear grips me and I cry out. Without thinking twice, I throw open the door and shoot out into the hallways looking for any sign of her. "Lily! Lily!"
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:00 pm

i hear kiou "lily lily" i stop rocking, i think about what can have happened i shout "whats going on kiou?" a worried tone in my voice.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:06 pm

"Lily left!" I rush back for a moment to deliver the note to the table. "I'm going after her!" Rushing to my room, I only stay long enough to get a coat for my kimono and my sword. Gripping the hilt I can feel the other me scratching behind my eyes but I do my best to force her back. I need to stay focused... "I'll be back." My voice is heavy with worry and sadness as I slip through the kitchen once more.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:06 pm

i shout after her "Dont leave me im coming with you!".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:08 pm

I wait for a moment to allow Sori to catch up before leaving with her to find Lily.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:10 pm

Djehuty stands, moving as if to block their path. "Hold it, both of you." he looks down at Sori. "You're in no condition to go anywhere, little lady; and Kiou, you don't know the Nightside well enough to go alone." He looks at Liv, begging her to back him up with his eyes; her look only a little less anxious the Kiou's, he shakes his head.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:13 pm

i look at him "i may be in a wheelchair doesnt mean i cant fire a gun just fine and im not about to let kiou go looking for her on her own".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:17 pm

"May so, but Lily know's this place better then any of us," He crosses his arms. "She's better out there on her own than any one of us, besides maybe our viking."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:18 pm

i look at him and put my best resolute face on "that doesnt change the fact that kiou wants to go out after her and if she does im coming with her".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:20 pm

The grip on my sword shakes a bit as my right hand goes for the hilt. "Please... Please move aside..."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:25 pm

Djhuty puts a hand to his face and looks at Kiou, chewing on her lip with the tension. "Damnit," he groans, and reaches into a coat pocket. "Emotions make people do stupid things."

At a whisper, the knife in his hand, held in reverse grip, drops it's point to the floor as the hilt rises to head height. "Kiou, I didn't say we wouldn't find her. I said neither of you are in any position to."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:26 pm

i sigh "as much as i hate to say djhuety is right im not really in a condition to go out and if lily doesnt want to be found we wont find her".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:33 pm

My hold on the hilt continues to shake as tears rim my eyes. I know I'm not supposed to draw my sword against a friend or family but Lily was dear to me. A deep pain rises within my head and I do nothing to quell it. "I'm sorry..." It's the most I can muster before it overtakes me.

With a draw that seems to defy possibility my blade clangs against his sword. "Move aside old man. There's a bitch I need to get."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:37 pm

ï hold up my hand and raise my voice slightly "kiou calm down theres nothing you can do right now".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:41 pm

Taking the grip in a wide hold, Djehuty deflects the point of Kiou's weapon away while simultaneously sidestepping. "You don't want to know the kinds of mistakes uncontrolled emotions or careless words cause," he frowns, setting as much room as the living area allowed between himself and Kiou.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:43 pm

With a smirk I look over to Sori. "You really think I'm going to stop because you said so girly-man. Honestly. For someone in love with her you do a horrible job of judging the situation." Dropping down, I move forward towards the door once more.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:43 pm

i raise a wall of fire in front of the door "girly man?".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:45 pm

Djehuty lets a slight smile crease his lips. "Stand down, Kiou."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:45 pm

I continued barreling towards the door. "Ara ara, dear if you're not careful you'll burn little Kiou. What will we do then?"
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Stepping out of line of sight, Djehuty reaches out with the blade, applying all the leverage he can to the flat as he strikes the back of Kiou's calf. Angry red marks rise on either side of the blade where the flesh rose to meet the edges, but save that, little enough damage.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:54 pm

i put my nose in the air and right before she goes into the flames i drop the field causing her to run headfirst into the door "im not your dear and you arent going anywhere" i say as i melt the lock into one piece.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:59 pm

My head swims as i feel like the world is spinning a moment. "Damned.... whore..." Shakily, I get myself onto all fours. "When... When I'm done with her you all are gonna pay..." The house groans from mistreatment as I stab the tip of my blade into the floor. Using it as leverage, I stand slowly; swaying from side to side.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:03 pm

Djehuty sighs. "On your own head be it." He drives forward with three quick lunges in close pattern, the last slipping between arm and shoulder, nicking at the stunned girl's side.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:06 pm

I pant and wince as his sword nicks me good. "bastard...." Yanking my sword free, I bring it up to defend. The world is billowing like a flag but I don't care.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum