Circus Among the Circuitry

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

re:circus

Post  Liv on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:43 am

"Don't be a fool!" I call back, raising my voice over the eerie, merry laughter all around. "We run they'll just chase us!"
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Circus Among the Circuitry

Post  Dunstfinkler on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:45 am

the evil in me awakens and what little fire is out and about flees away from me i shout again "Run!" and i encase all the elves in thousand degree fields of fire "they wont follow" i whisper.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:50 am

As the fire shoots up, I yelp, leaping back. "Okay! Like she said, RUN!"
I don't think we've ever run quite so fast. Finally, six blocks away, we find a conveniently empty alley and slump down, panting.
"Damn!" I gasp, "She's....getting...good at that...isn't she?"
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:13 pm

"greatest and worst weapon ever conceived was the use of fire in a battle liv " I pant. "so what did they mean by lawful prey?"
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:17 pm

"Ielles are...purists. Believe in....species purity. I'm...a mixup...mixed breed....so under their law...I'm prey. It's against...their laws...to let me...survive." I draw a deep, harsh breath. "Sorry you guys got caught in the middle."
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:21 pm

I start to laugh again "They are bad fighters liv, don't worry about it" shaking my head "we have your back" the world swims for a moment as the last of the adrenalin leaves my system "worry to much about playing cat and mouse and you get dead."
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:24 pm

"True enough." I grin up at Liam. "I'd give you a pat on the back...but I'm not touching that coat. By the way, you're bleeding. Does it need attention or can it wait?"
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:28 pm

I smirk "so are you, and no it is just a scratch" viking sensibilities step in every wound is a badge if it didn't kill you. "shall the lot of us head home now or will we have another run in?"
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:28 pm

I drop the fields and the elves drop to their feet gasping for air. I stand up and burn one of them from the inside out to serve as an example, I look at the oil tanker and seeing it approach I ignite a spark from within I slip out of counciousness just after hearing a loud boom and seeing splinters of steel and fire bursting at me.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:33 pm

"Damn I hope not..." I stand, wincing. "Should we wait for-" the explosion that follows nearly knocks us all down again. "Never mind." I say, shaking my head as my ears ring, "I think Sori's having fun."
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:40 pm

I shake my head to clear it the ringing loud in my ears "yeah i think so too, shall we go see if she needs help?" I smirk starting to walk back regardless
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:43 pm

Red lights flash in my head I wake up to find one of my arms lying next to the burning carcass of one of the elves, I try to stand up despite the pain threatening to black me out, I can't move my legs I look down to find one gone above the kneecap and the other broken with splints of oil soaked steel in it I smile weakly and whisper "boom" before blacking out again.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:47 pm

I nod. "Probably...I just hope we don't get charbroiled accidentally."
The street is a wreck, charred as if by a bomb blast. And in the center, Sori lies in a crater. I shake my head. I've gotten used to what constitutes a minor injury on her by now, and these are, by her standards at least,fairly minor, but it's still not pleasant to see. "Damn, she's really done a number on herself this time."
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:21 pm

"and the understatement of the night award goes too" I mutter, carefully picking my way through the debris to Sori "how in the realms do you get yourself into this sort of thing"
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:46 pm

"She practices regularly." I mutter. "Come on, let's get her home where I can tend her properly."
As we walk, Liam doing his best to carry Sori, I look over my friends. Every one of them is bleeding to some extent. Kaija's arm is dripping blood, Kiou's got a gash over her eye, and Liam's cut in a few places.And poor Sori. She'll recover right enough, but she shouldn't have gotten hurt in the first place.They were endangered by their friendship with me. And I could do nothing to protect them.
This is happening too often. I can't keep letting my own carelessness and inattention harm them. I should have been on my guard. Been wary. Instead I was playing, like a child. First Kiou, then this. I have got to stop letting my guard down. It's a fool's act, and fools don't last in this place.
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:10 pm

I turn my head to look at liv over my shoulder, her face darker then mine has been in a while "Stop it Liv." my voice is calm but stern "trying to take responsibility for the actions of people who want to hurt you is pointless. And friendship is more valuable then gold." I turn my head back adjusting Sori, unfortunately for her carrying her like a sack of potatoes.
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:13 pm

I glance up, then smile reufully. "Am I really so transparent these days?"
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:14 pm

"Given what you saw less then twelve hours ago, How would i not notice?" Is my retort "besides, living with you one has to learn to see more then is there"
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:18 pm

I sigh. "I guess. I hate this." In those words, I sum it all up. I hate the threat I caused, hate seeing them hurt, hate the whole damn situation.
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:21 pm

"Which is, sadly, one reason it is happening." I awkwardly shrug "you aren't the one who deals the cards, it is up to you how you play the ones you get." the analogy is imperfect at best "you care, don't let the challenges take that away, it is hard to recover when that happens"
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:28 pm

I shoot him a dry glare. "Thank you, o ancient and all knowing sage.I am so grateful for your wisdom." My voice couldn't have carried much more sarcasm if I tried.
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:33 pm

I stop in my track end set Sori down "Liv. Stop it." the words are almost without inflection "Do you Think Any of us like seeing you suffer because of this." I rock onto the balls of my feet subtly "Do you honestly think any one of us wants to see you run these risks, or have these burdens placed on you?" I don't turn to look "I can't vouch for the others, but I don't. We also know we can't stop it so we do what we can to lighten the load."

Last edited by Liam on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:34 pm

I half open my eyes the pain somewhat dulled by now, I open my mouth and try to say something only a whisper makes it out.

Last edited by Dunstfinkler on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:37 pm

After a long moment, I sigh. "I know that." My voice is quieter than I had intended. "Come on. Let's get home."
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:27 pm

i go completely limp again and fall into uncounciousness.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top