Circus Among the Circuitry

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Circus Among the Circuitry

Post  Kamurei on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:31 am

I watch them a little surprised still. Now there are robots to be had. Will this place never cease to amaze me? "This is truly an amazing place. Even if it is a bit vulgar."
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

re:circus

Post  Liv on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:32 am

I grin over at Liam. 'a bit vulgar' is the understatement of the century.
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:14 pm

at her statement I can't help but laugh "Welcome to the Nightside, Where dreams come alive and nightmares walk" I state in my best attempt at a sage voice "and I really wish I were kidding about that."
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:38 pm

"You can curse it for giving succor to the monsters. And you can bless it for giving home to the misfits." I shrug. "It's the Nightside, take it or leave it."
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:45 pm

"Or there is option three: Run screaming into where ever you end up and pray it is something that lets you forget just what you saw" I Laugh "Kinda like sori did at our last bar-hopping excursion"
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:47 pm

"Oh yeah..." I grin. "Let's hope there's no need for her to assume the fetal position again any time soon."
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:30 pm

i pout "that really is unfair because if a diminutive giant was trying to rape you you would have issues too".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:33 pm

"Yes , but the difference between us is that I don't get myself into situations where that's likely to happen."
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:35 pm

i exclaim "its not my fault i got this monstrous attraction of mine!".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:45 pm

I grin. "Rephrase that to 'ability to attract monsters'; otherwise it's just too easy." Grinning, I turn. And freeze.
A party of Ielles are on the street ahead of us, their haughty faces set in slight smiles. They must be playing tourists.
"Shit." I gulp, "Everybody, we're going to turn around, slowly, and walk the other way. Now."
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:51 pm

i stop in my trackss and a quizical look appears on my face "why?"

Last edited by Dunstfinkler on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:55 pm

"The people up ahead in the rainbow clothes-no, don't look!-they're Illes, and they're trouble. We do not want to come up against them. Trust me. Now come on, before they come this way!" I confide in an earnest half-whisper, turning on my heel. I glance over my shoulder. "Sori, now!"
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:57 pm

i put my hands on my midsection "they honestly dont look that tough im pretty sure i could take them" then i put my nose in the air to them and follow liv.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:08 pm

There's a cry behind us, a glad, malicious sound that makes my hackles stand on end. Shit. Too late.
"Oooh, look siblings! Lawful prey!"
A hand brushes the back of my jacket. I twist away, drawing my blade in the same gesture. The Ille grins down at me, a nasty expression on his handsome gold-tinged face.
"Hello, mixup."
I bare my teeth. "Hello arrogant pig."
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:11 pm

i draw my sword and put on my most menacing face as i envelope myself in an aura of fire "are you two for one good for nothing pawns sure you want to do this?".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:19 pm

The Illes laugh, the merry sound unnerving as it mixes with the ring of drawn steel. "Ooh, this game will be fun!" a girl with her black hair braided in multicolored ribbons chortles.
With a laugh, the first one lunges.
Illes are fast. Not fast as in hard to follow. Fast as in you can't see them move. By the time Sori had her guard up, the first Ille already had his blade scoring a line of red down her arm.
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:29 pm

i laugh "okay you got tricks and you are pretty fast" i say as i feel a blade penetrating me from behind.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:34 pm

The first blade I'm just able to parry as it whizzes at me, but pain singing up my leg tells me I've missed a second attack. I spin on my good leg, and pain sizzles down my back. Shallow cuts, but painful. They're going to draw this out. They're going to enjoy themselves.
"Let's get that dirty blood out, shall we, mixup?" a woman taunts before blurring again.
"Go to hell." I hiss, brandishing my blade. It's useless, but at least I'll die fighting.
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:37 pm

i spit blood from my mouth as i look down to my chest to find a blade poking out where my heart is, this is bad i think i look to the others and see they are just as bad off as me i pull my pistol out and as one of them impales me from the front i immediately hug him tightly forcing his sword further into me.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:54 am

I smile as Kaija and I sidestep a couple of the Rainbow clothed Fae. they are quick, some would say quick as lightning others quick as death, but they forget many things it seems. they rely on speed for their attacks to have power, and they like to play with their enemies. These two facts register as quick as the fact I am bleeding does, reaching into my pockets I go for a variant of the Oldest trick in the Book. the funny thing about metal, it oxidizes, so it isn't hard to get a pocket full or Two of Rust powder if you look around. My grin becomes somewhat Malicious as the enemy stands before me. "careful little one, you bit off more then you can chew." and with that I throw a handful of the rust powder at the creature before me.
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:28 am

There's a high, wavering scream behind me, and one of the Illes stumbles into a lampost, clutching her face. Bright orange blood oozes between her fingers from a hundred pitted wounds. I grin harshly, baring my teeth. Liam's picked up a few tricks. With a hard sideways kick, I shove the wounded Ille off the curb and into the traffic, then turn, just in time to get another slice down my back. But this time, at least, I'm able to return a slice, and my blade comes away wet.
Well, at least I can get a few hits in. But this isn't going to work. There's six of them, and they're far too fast. We can't fight them forever. We've got to find a way out, or we're dead.
I glance over. The only one who seems really wounded is Sori, and that's nothing new. Maybe if we can get close....
"Circle up!" I call, pouring power into the words. "Now!"
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:31 am

I draw my sword and back up in shock as I see how Sori is doing. I am on her level of strength and yet she is losing horribly. My friends will die at this rate and there is nothing I can do to stop them. The whole world appears to slow as my fear grips hold of me. And that's when I feel her. Feel her itching at my mind and begging for blood. She tires of the background, of riding behind my thoughts. She wants to be free; to play. Don't kill our friends... If it is scraps you desire, they will find you more. They are precious to both of us. Swear to this fact and I will switch with you. A stillness fills me and I practically feel her answer reverberate in my mind.

YES

Gripping my blade, I fall into position. These fools are fast but they still follow basic sword fighting dirty tricks. With a toothy smirk, I enter the fray. Circling up beside Liv I press my shoulder against her grinning like a lunatic.
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:33 am

i raise the hand holding the handgun and shove the barrel into the eyesocket of the one im grappling, i fire it three times and toss the cadaver into the road where its run over by a bus and stampeded by a rhino, i grab the hilt of the sword and draw it out of my body once its out i fall down to one knee supporting myself with one arm i realize the sinew to my legs have been cut.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:37 am

"How you holding Kiou?" I pant, swinging my blade in a wide arc that just tears a little shred of rainbow silk. I shoot her a glance, and nearly drop my guard. What in the hell...her emotions, her whole emotional makeup, has changed completely.
She shoots me a feral grin that makes me want to back away. I master the instinct; we've got bigger problems.
"Now you get to show off with that fancy sword! Have fun!"
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:40 am

i see an oil tanker coming down the road and i shout to the others "Run! il hold them off".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top