The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To be lost in thought is a terrible fate indeed

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

To be lost in thought is a terrible fate indeed - Page 2 Empty Re: To be lost in thought is a terrible fate indeed

Post  Kaija Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:11 am

*Lily will come no nearer to my brother's mind than she all ready has. Djheuty, watch guard. Liv, come with me.* I think to their mind, as I pat on the bed next to me

Kaija

Back to top Go down

To be lost in thought is a terrible fate indeed - Page 2 Empty re:lost in thought

Post  Liv Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:13 am

I take the seat she offers. "How do you usually do this? I tend to use sound to get myself focused..."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

To be lost in thought is a terrible fate indeed - Page 2 Empty Re: To be lost in thought is a terrible fate indeed

Post  Kaija Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:30 am

*I just do. There is no singular me. I join my brother, then become myself. Like this,* I think as I place my hand in hers and myself into her thoughts and force her conscience to play out the story of our girl's night together.

Kaija

Back to top Go down

To be lost in thought is a terrible fate indeed - Page 2 Empty re:lost in thought

Post  Liv Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:33 am

I recoil sharply from the onslaught, jerking my head back, gasping. Then, shaking my head, I force myself to calm, to let the ideas and thoughts flow through. It isn't easy, not all at once, but it gets easier.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:38 am

After a few, short, moments, I open my eyes and look at Liv. "Well?" I ask her, "Trust me now?"

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:52 am

Slowly, I nod. "Okay. Let's give it a try."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:58 am

*Once more* I tell her as I place us into the night she tried to murder me in the catacombs. After a while I release my hold. *Didn't know I could do that, could you?*

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:01 am

I shake my head. "No, you never showed me that..." I smile slightly. "I'd based my assumptions on what I'd seen before. My mistake."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:03 am

*Did you ever think that I'd share more of myself when I felt...accepted? When I wasn't just Lily and Liam's shadow? When I was necessary?*

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:08 am

Smiling, I run my hand over her hair. "Little sister, I treat everyone like kits. I can't help it. It's part of my nature. Blame it on my Grandmother. I am sad to think it hurt you. I never meant it to. Know that I always accepted you, from the day I met you. You are the bright spot in our family. You're the fire. Fire in the home hearth is very necessary indeed." Then I grin. "Now. Let's go get your idiot brother out of his mess, shall we?"
I turn, catching Djhuety's eyes. "Watch over us, my own. We'll be back."

Last edited by Liv on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:12 am

"Older sister, 'idiot' is too nice a word" I smile feeling wonderful as I close my eyes, clasp her hand tightly, and pull her into Liam's mind beside me. Taking a look around, my voice pipes up, *We can only think here, it is a mind after all. Now, to childhood!* I say with a smile on my face. Then, I add jokingly *It's been a while...*

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:46 pm

It is sudden but for just a moment the specters stop their onslaught, only to have several horrid visages turn away and back with looks of glee on their faces, the cacophony changes from what had been done to what they would like to do again to anyone and everyone. the details are lost in the sea of babble but still able to convey a sense of horror, if there were anything in my stomach I would be sick but for now I have to keep trying to push them back.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:39 pm

There's a wild twist, and then I am in a whirling circle of opalescant color, all soft shades and pastels. *Whoa* I murmur, *Kaija, I think we may have a problem with this plan...*
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:59 pm

*Focus* I tell her calmly as I grab her by the arms and give her a sharp shake *You are using my gift, not your own. See as I see*

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:03 pm

*No need for shaking...* I squint, and slowly the scene comes into focus. I nod. *Okay. Got it...where are we?*
It looks like a mountain pasture, but I can smell the sea, a sharp tang on the air, incongruous with mountains. The sun hangs like a silver coin overhead. It looks like a winter sun, despite the green of the grass.
*This was where you were raised?*
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:09 pm

*Well, sort of...* I smile as I pull her to a window and point to a small bundle inside. *Guess who?* I ask with a broad grin across my face. *Welcome to Ireland, Liam should be around in about five or six summers.*

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:16 pm

I grin. *You were tiny.*
Then the scene seems to shift, wavering, and the smell of salt air mixes with the scent of blood. Someone is screaming, high enough that I cover my ears instinctively. *What the-*
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:26 pm

*He's here* I sigh, slowly and softly I grab Liv by the arm and walk her up the winding pathways. A short while later, we reach a stump in the middle of the small town. There, a crimson haired girl is tied to the once powerful tree. Her hands could be no older than one summer, the knife they were stabbing into it was hardly longer than she was tall. One man held the knife, a second held the girl, and the third braided her hair. Knowing that we cannot be seen by the memories, I bring Liv closer to allow her the vision of the blade. It dug deep into the skin-a wound that could only scar. They cut the knot once, twice, a third time-sealing the pact with Mother, Maiden, and Crone. I gesture the braid behind, three strands to signify the vows to the Father, Son, and Sage. The stump was red, as was the hair. The man holding the girl pulls her up by the collar of her beautiful emerald garment, rips away the dress, and replaces it with old sack cloth. As the memory whirls around us, I freeze it and point Liv until she looks straight into the tiny child's face.
*You know,* I tell her, *It's been said that the youngest memory a child has is from the age of 3 or 4 summers. Amazing what trauma and torture can do to the mind.*

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:38 pm

I suck a breath between my teeth. *Gods...I didn't...the Viking slavers. My mother warned me once...you were...Damn, mo cailin. I'm' so sorry...* I lay a hand on her shoulder as she stares at the scene. This girl, who've I've always treated as a kit, a quick thinking kid, survived a horror that has destroyed grown men. She must have the bones of the earth herself in her soul. How did I not see that?
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:42 pm

*Viking, yes* I smile both broadly and with the pride seeping through my veins into the air around us *But not Father's tribe* I point her back at my face *They mocked my religion, and took my family from me. Gruesome and bloody, yes, but I'm rather glad they did it.*

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:45 pm

I shake my head as the child weeps...and the scene is changing. The child is a little older now, and laughing. I glance around. *So, where's Liam?*
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:49 pm

*Patience,* I tell her. *If you want to help him, you need to know the entire story-not just the fun bits.* I advise as she searches the scene.

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:52 pm

"Then tell me the tale. You look happy. What's going on?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:54 pm

*I am happy because I lived. I did not only exist.* I decide to go about things the quicker, more painful way and show her flashes of the things I have experienced. Blood, floggings, my blood, each time they attempted to rape me, each time I pushed on and fought with them-all this before the age of six. *Are you ready to go meet Liam?* I ask her, knowing the shock she must be feeling.

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:56 pm

I shake my head to clear it. *Any port in a storm. Sure. Lead, I'll follow.*
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum