The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rude Awakenings

5 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Rude Awakenings - Page 8 Empty Re: Rude Awakenings

Post  Djehuty Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:09 am

"Oh, well you see," Lily whispers in her ear, "Here, we all have secrets. And as ferocious as you are, you must have heard me say I can open any door. That is a two fold gift;" She smiles wickedly and lowers her voice still further. "I can seal anything away. Even you, Blood Lust."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Rude Awakenings - Page 8 Empty re:rude awakenings

Post  Liv Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:13 am

I groan. "I went in to get a shower,and there was a Japanese bath house. I thought I was alone. I went swimming, in my pelt. And....Kunishi was in there." I sit back, my eyes closed. "So not only did I manage to out myself in spectacular fashion, but I terrified her. She looked at me like I was...." I wave one hand, then set it on the table,staring at the malformed fingers. "Something out of a nightmare. A freak." I laugh, the sound hollow. "And it's not even nine in the morning. Some days you just shouldn't get out of bed."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:17 am

My vision goes red in sheer, unbridled, anger. How dare she even stoop to call me some sort of monster after everything they have put us through. "I will have the satisfaction of your blood first on my blade."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:20 am

"That explains why the idiots are out there at it." I smile "She was shocked, dearie, she is taking in a whole lot very quickly. The fact that she allows me into her mind is definitely odd."

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:25 am

"I think not." Lily smiles and increases pressure, "I could break your neck like this... and I never release something I hold unless I wish... which means I'll be bound to you even if you manage to kill me like this." Lily gently probes at Kiou's mind, a light touch, searching for an unguarded door; like the thief, its best they don't know you're in until you're gone.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:25 am

I snort. "Not blaming her. I mean, look at me, of course she was frightened. I look all wrong. That's what my glamours are for. I should have been wearing them. Bad enough I make Kin go into fits, without panicking the humans." I stare at my hands. "I should never have let my guard down. I've gotten lazy living here. I relax too much. I let myself feel too...safe." I shake my head. "Stupid of me."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:27 am

"Liv," I say smacking her lightly in the back of her head. "That's why we call it a safe house. If she wants our help, then let her take it from the real us. Not our glamours, not our spoken words."

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:30 am

"Break my neck and I will haunt you for the rest of your life. Not to mention you will kill both of us." I continue to flail above her.

Various sliding doors lay shut but unguarded before Lily. Each one with a different sumi-e painting.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:33 am

I smile slightly. "You have a point, little sister. I wish it were as easy to tell that to my heart. But..." I sigh. "The look on her face...I lost the first man I loved the same way, you know. Fell asleep and forgot my glamours...it was the same look on his face. And there were other times. I traveled for a reason. I just...oh I don't know. I keep thinking, maybe I can be normal here. And then something reminds me that I'm lying to myself."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:35 am

"I'd rather not have to do that, though I could pick up a home exorcism kit at any drugstore." Lily smiles grimly, and pulls a door decorated with a budding cherry branch and bird, stepping quietly into Kiou's mind.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:36 am

*But you aren't* I smile at her "If you can't be yourself among friends, where can you be yourself. Djheuty loves you, and he loves you for the otter, the fae, the WOMAN you are. Not your glamours."

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:41 am

At that, I can't help but grin. I lean forward, wrapping one arm around Kaija's shoulders in a quick hug. "Thanks kid. I need reminding, sometimes. And speaking of Djhuety...I think I'll go back to bed." I shoot her a wink, turning from the room. "Let the two of them duke it out, Lily needs something to entertain her." I call over my shoulder. "Throw in a pair of boxing gloves if they keep it up, maybe. See you in an hour...or two."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8