The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Tells

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Blood Tells - Page 3 Empty re:blood tells

Post  Liv Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:12 pm

I swallow hard. "That's why...wandering wind. Wanderer." Like me, I thought. Restless, always wandering. Was that from him, my love of the road?
"So his magic, that is from our bloodline after all? My magic? It is pure Kin?" There's a certain hope in my voice...but Grandmother frowns.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Blood Tells - Page 3 Empty Re: Blood Tells

Post  Djehuty Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:26 pm

"Mind you, nothing is certain." she begins, "But it will always serve you well to remember that humans have there own share in magic; remember your young man and his parentage. I believe that the words and the music are a gift from your father and humanity. Even my sister's mate was able to unite men and fay by words rather then sword. He charmed her, sure as can be told." She studies Liv across the table. "My niece shared in your gifts, though she had the greater part in her mother's blood then you did, enough to be taken for full Dratsie. The daughter of Ys destroyed the closest thing we have had to peace between man and fay in a thousand years." She takes a drink.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:28 pm

"Why?" I ask, bewildered, "Why would she do that?" Then something else swims by my memory. "And why in the name of gods was she working wit an elf?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:35 pm

"You would have to ask her. She exiled herself after the city was destroyed; no dratsie or silkie will have anything to do with her." Gram crosses her arms. "She was wild. Her son was said to be illegitimate , and not even she could name the father."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:41 pm

I grimace. "Damn her."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:43 pm

"Might say that, but then we wouldn't be speaking across this table enjoying tea." Gram smiles. "She may not have done you any favors, but you exist because of her, granddaughter."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:46 pm

I draw a long breath. "So where does that leave me?" I glance at Grandmother. "I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be dense. It's just....it's more than I can take in, all at once. I feel like I'm swimming in the dark. I keep running into things; the prophecy, this about my father, and...other things. But I still can't find the banks."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:49 pm

"Find the current, then find the bank... Your not in a whirlpool, just the white water. Then stop and rest before continuing on to the sea."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:56 pm

Slowly, I nod. Then, standing, I wrap my arms around my grandmother. "Thank you, Grandmother. And I'm sorry I was...well, a bitch, earlier."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:10 pm

"I've raised more girl children then I care to count, and their teeth are no sharper then yours... Get on and rescue the boy before the kits get their mitts on him or you'll not get him back this evening." She says, returning the pressure.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:13 pm

I grin, and kiss her wrinkled brow. "Thanks. I'll do that." I hug her tightly once more, and then turn away.
"How's the music?" I ask Djhuety as I come up beside him. He stands out like a swan among ducks in the middle of the crowd of my people.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:16 pm

"A little fast for the number of your cousins that seem to be fawning over me," he grimaces as one of Liv's younger cousins takes him by the arm and attempt to pull him away. Artfully, he disentangles himself and moves to the wall with Liv. "They won't let me catch my breath."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:23 pm

"Don't worry. I'll protect you." I say teasingly.
But my words don't hold for long. Kemt, almost tall enough for me to dance with, comes over grinning. "Come on Liv, you haven't been dancing in ages. Come be my partner."
"Kemt, I've only been home a little-"
"Less talk, more dancing, bard girl." he chuckles, and pulls me into the dance.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Djehuty watches Liv be dragged out into the swirl of kits and adults as Kemit turns her in time to the music, even as he sees Ishk whispering to a young female in the far end of the room. She nods and smiles before dancing into the throng, nimbly twisting between the moving bodies before coming to rest at his side.

"You're not done yet," she winks, grabbing him by the elbow. "You still have energy to stand." she growl playfully before dragging him in among the others. Groaning at the cruelty, he shoots a venomous look at Ishk before taking his partner by the hands and weaving her in and out between the other dancers.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:46 pm

The dance is a sweet little slip jig called 'salmon tails in the water', and I twist and twine through the moves with Kemt, easily following him,though the part where I'm supposed to go under his arm was tricky. Partners are passed from hand to hand. Kemt twirls me, then grins and says 'key-a!" the Dratsie equivilent of 'can I cut in?' to the set of partners behind us. Teda, fourth cousin to me, takes his hands with a grin, and I'm handed to Djhuety. Kemt winks as he and Teda whirl away. I glare after them as I continue the steps of the dance. "Something tells me we just got played." I murmur, switching to English once more.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:51 pm

"You think?" He mutters. "It took the dance to get Ishk to leave off the interview." Shrugging, he resets his steps to the tempo and attempts to navigate to the edge again, only to be blocked by two other couples.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:57 pm

"Interview?" I ask, puzzled. "What's she been bothering you about?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:01 pm

"What would you interview a man living with your daughter about?" he rolls his eyes.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:03 pm

"Oh of all the..." I roll my eyes. "Sorry my lad. My family...." I make a face.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:24 pm

"Is as nosy and irritating as any other." He finishes, raising an arm to spin her as another couple twirl between.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:26 pm

I smile up at him as we dance. It's good to see him so relaxed and happy, with his eyes gold and blue and his head full of yellows and whites, bright colors and...I blink. Gold. That was gold I saw in his head. Not the yellow of happiness, not the copper of joy around friends, nor the red bronze color of excitement and concentration of a man learning a new dance. Gold, swirled in amongst the other colors, a steady thread of gold. The color you see in a mother holding her infant, in a lover looking at his beloved. Love. And not infatuation or lust either. Love. I stare at him in consternation.

Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:30 pm

He flinches, and losses step for a moment, before catching the rhythm again. "You're staring." He whispers in her ear before catching her other hand and taking her up the floor with the current of the dancers.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:34 pm

I shake myself "Uh, sorry... I haven't danced in a long time, I was...trying to remember the steps. That's all." I'm lying, and the colors in his head tell me he knows I'm lying. But what else can I do?
The color still swirls in his head. But the love is still there. Love. He's in love with me. Gods bright and dark above and below, he's in love with me!
To my shock, my heart leaps.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:41 pm

Deciding to leave it, Djehuty finally manages to weave their way out near on of the long benches and collapses onto the seat. Ishk approaches, but he closes his eyes, pretending complete exhaustion.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:51 pm

"I'll get us something to drink" I say softly, slipping away.
He's in love with me. The words run round and round in my head. He's in love with me...and my own heart is leaping.
Over and over, everyone has said that we're partners. They've assumed it. I'd never paid it notice.
He's my best friend, yes, he's saved my life. He could be a brother to me, that's how close I am to him. I love him like a brother, but...
I love him.
I swallow hard. By the River....I think I love him.
Quickly, I scoop up two cups of water, and carry it back. Ishk is still staring at Djhuety, and he's doing a bad job of pretending to be half asleep.
"That'll perk you up." I say, nudging him with the cup.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next