The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In lucem ac tenebras

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

In lucem ac tenebras Empty In lucem ac tenebras

Post  Liam Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Walking the nightside alone is bittersweet to me. It is striking how familiar and Alien it has become since Liv and the rest restored me. shrugging my coat higher on my shoulders much to Aimee's annoyance "hush little one, it is warmer that way". My tracks lead me in a serpentine path out of The sherlocks, and down by Docks End. Back along haunts that i can see being built decaying and being rebuilt over the years. The smell of the salt air has me walking a little taller and gthe way some of the sidewalks roll like a ship at see is a comfort i am surprised i missed. Across the way there is a man with one of the merfolk in a tank playing a god awful conch to make her sing. i think she is singing just to drowned out, pardon the pun, his butchering of music. Eventually my steps lead me back to the Guilded Cage and it's Madame the exterior for all the glory it's name implies looks like little more then an old dockside tavern albiet a run down one. The inside however is Gaudy enough to make almost any man woman or child cry and hold their eyes. gold and other precious metals and gems adorn nearly everything, exotic woods polished to mirror sheen, Silk hangings and pillows or cushions for chairs. But the most eye jarring are the Homonculi, gilded men of shapes not found in nature . I walk up to the 'man' at the counter "Hello Jaque," I smile "I need to speak with the Madam again, pertaining to my account and to the store of goods i left in her care." it is rather amusing to see his guilded cheeks go silver at the mention of both knowing full well what i can call in. "hurry now"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

In lucem ac tenebras Empty re:In lucem ac tenebras

Post  Liv Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:24 pm

"So, you come back to see Hetie so soon, my Lazarus."
Her voice is as smooth as her velvet dress as the lady of the house descends the stairs, and she smiles, her teeth shining. "You come to spend a little time, hmmm? Have a little fun? Hetie can get you anything. Boy or girl, or...someting else?" then she leaned in close. "Or maybe I pay you this time, and we have some real fun, hey?" Her breath smells of cinnamon and overripe plums.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

In lucem ac tenebras Empty Re: In lucem ac tenebras

Post  Liam Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:34 pm

" You, my dear, have been into the porter again" I repress a smile "but no, I am not here for pleasure. mayhap another time." I shake my head "back to the old room to discuss business, away from the prying ears of customers" the look i get could wither the dead, i know "None of that now, i intend to remind the german of this place when he gets lonely, man is getting desparate by the look of him and might just be his salvation" I smirk "one can't give away such a place cheaply after all" who says i can't sweet talk someone into co-operating with me when i have too
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:43 pm

The woman frowns like a child denied a sweet, but turns. "Come on then." she calls over one dark shoulder.
"I suppose you be wanting paying." she says as the door closes. "Ought to be a statute on how long a debt can stand, there ought."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:49 pm

I touch a hand to my chest "you wound me Hetie" I say "that is part of why i am here, but we were friends once and why not again? besides you know you like me coming around" I put on a winning smile "actually i was here for the things left in the vault, only a few of them." i sigh then "yes i am collecting a small porton of the account, but on my word i will not come to collect an unresonable amount ever."
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:52 pm

The woman laughs, low and throaty. "That trash. Take it and godspeed." Then she cocked her head, her wide black eyes narrowed slightly. "I got two new girls. Fresh. Never had a hand laid on either one. 'Stead of money, I give you the night with them, hey?" She smiles, sparks of light shining from her teeth. "They're tasty, my word on it."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:00 pm

" I am sorry Hetie, but i can't buy a home with pleasures of the flesh." I chuckle this should help the others "Besides we both know i never left trash with you, only my finest finds, and that a measure of trust" I chuckle "I only need the lockets, and the spear," to see her so petulant she must have gotten into the bad rum before the port. "besides where else should i come you have some of the best fare around, and i don't mean the girls, for a first living meal in centuries this was the right place to come" a little stroke of the ego should assauge her mood .
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:21 pm

The dark woman frowned for a moment. Then she smiled, the slow, sly smile of a cat. "You remember ol' Hetie. So sweet." She laughed between her precious teeth, and pulled a key from beneath her dress. "Come and have your treasure then, Liam Lazarus. Maybe they remind you to come back, and not forget old friends so long." Her accent was thick as cream, the accent of far warmer shores under far brighter skies than the Nightside had ever seen. "Come, we go."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:35 pm

I smile "that will not be a problem again Mi'dear" I say as i follow her "after all i am recovered" Going down the back ways of the cage is not near as eye jarring after all mostly the help are the only ones to see it, and a few of the more. . . exhaustive girls. with a sense of Deja vu i see her knock on a couple panels and the floor ahead drops to a staircase leading lower "Ladies first of Course Mi'dear" i say affecting some of my speech patters from aboard ship with a smile
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:46 pm

The dark woman grins.
At the bottom of the long stairs, the woman snaps her fingers, and fire leaps into them, catching in her eyes. She grins in satisfaction. "Huh. Even an ol' djinn still got the fire in her bone." With her hand wrapped in living flame, she gestures. "There's your pretties, Lazarus."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:36 pm

I walk along the stacks of old chests and lockers, some scattered coins and other such artworks calling back to her "You never lost the fire Hetie. this place couldn't stand if you did" back along the rack to my own modest (Ha!) corner. Fishing through the chests I find the lockets i meant to get, odd things, they open by twisting the catch to show a different picture each time. I murmur into them softly calling up images of each of our group and asking the little things to show those faces, opening each of them in turn to check that the old magics held. I see the group as i flick through mine Liv when she stopped hurting to change, Dejhuty when he didn't think we saw him staring at her. Lily when she thought she had the upper hand with her "lambkin" and Kaija after the last reuinion we had before i was restored, smiling so hard her face looks about to break. Ignacy a sly look on his face and sword propped on his shoulder. the new magus a look of disbelief on his face. then my own, a small half smile as if i see something no one else does. I chuckle and walk to the lone weapon rack. taking a long hafted spear I can't help but smile, the old haft gleaming as if in defiance of it's age. I run a hand lovingly up along it and check the edges of the leafblade, still sharp as a razor. turning the spear begins coiling itself along my arm until a it appears a bracer witha simple triangle over the back of my hand. "okay Hetie, just the matter of money and we will be done here for the night." as i turn back to her. "lets say five hundred thousand pounds, with an added fifty going into your own pocket?" I smile at her "after all you have been very good to me. a banknote for the first part will more then suffice."
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:40 pm

it doesn't take her long to have the amount given to me. the note tucked safely into an inside pocket of my coat. I bid my farewells to the Djinn and head back out into the rolling streets of dockside, intent on returning home to my companions with my little prizes, a reminder should we become separated that we are still together.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:40 pm

As Liam steps out of 'establishment,' the keen notes of a violin rise high, swirling around the street like Autumn leaves in a playful breeze; sad as a memory and just as blessed, as a crowd masses around a single figure, hiding it in their press. The song winds its way through the crowds, and even the most determined travelers pause as if drawn to the siren wail of the bow set to string.

A pair of imps coming behind Liam, arguing and cackling with laughter, stop, cut short by a particularly mournful cord and tentatively approach the crowd, ducking under skirts and climbing over the shoulder of the crowd, seemingly unnoticed by the transfixed crowd.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:32 pm

The sounds of the Violin cause me to slow my progress at first, Looking over at the large crowd i doubt i could get close to the player but this is Dockside sizing up one of the light posts i judge it to be more then sturdy enough for my weight and doesn't look to hard to climb so i begin scaling it to get a better view. the crowd shows itself to be a sight thicker then it looks from the ground with a solid ring of space around the player.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:52 pm

A single female holds the crowd at bay, her eyes closed as she rolls into the instrument, coaxing from it still more entrancing notes, rising and falling like her chest with each breath.

Simply dressed, a white tee-shirt, a size too big and sitting at a slant on her shoulder, and denim worn so as to be almost the shade of a dove's wing. The bow flashes up, catching a wavy lock of golden hair, spinning it up and apart so in the light of the full moon the semblance of a halo graces her head for a moment before falling back into the wild mane falling near halfway down her back. She stops, the final note hanging a moment before settling like a first snow among the listener.

Shaking their heads as they come back to themselves, the crowd begins to disperse, the occasional sound of coins falling as they return to their searches for desires. A few stop to talk, but the conversation is short and she sends them on, though even then a smile flits about their lips. Stooping, she begins to gather the few coins that dropped away from the deep leather bag at her feet, frowning as she does so.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:42 am

I drop down intent on asking our storyteller that she shouldn't have followed. only to come up short, the face isn't quite right and her hair is gold now brown, her scent is off too, not the clean smell of a soft rain but something darker though just as pure "that was a Fine tune mi'dear" I start slowly this has my hackles up
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:50 am

"Then pay the piper, love." Her voice comes at a hard point as she digs in the bag finally coming up with a velvet sack into which she tenderly sheaths the violin. "I play, you pay, or the song's away." She stands, straightening the tee-shirt, only for it to slouch down the opposite shoulder as she takes up her bag.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:00 am

I smile and fish out a couple coins "Girly I would be a sight kinder were i you, the hardness of your voice doesn't match your playing" I chuckle softly "how is this, care for a meal?" she i need to figure out if this is a glamour and therefor a trap or if this is one of Liv's relatives
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:09 am

"I'm no twilight daughter," she shrugs, glaring as if daring him to challenge, "I don't except favors save the pretties I get for my music." She flips a coin into the air and catches it in a fist. "Coin has no ulterior motives; pay me, I'll buy my own and you can tag along like a love sick pup for all I care."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:27 am

I laugh outright "were I a love sick puppy you would need far more years of wisdom girl." she has as quick a wit at Liv, though a sharper tongue "i wasnt asking or offering a favor or gift, i was offering an invitation." Shades of a day not as long ago as it feels sometimes run in my head of giving a little otter girl a necklace to hide herself too many similarities to discount, coincidence is trouble here "or did that wound your pride"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:37 am

She scowls at Liam's laughter then looks side-wise as if taking a measure of him. "You couldn't touch my pride with a cloth yard shaft and a strong arm. Your invitation is acceptable." Her voice still cold and distant, though the tip is padded. "Lead on."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:43 am

"As much as i like sea fare the prices here are a little steep." i star slowly " up the road gets more modest." I ignore her comment about her pride "where did you pick up the vernacular girl?" I a mildly curious the reference was good at least. "and actually the Yard Arm sounds like as good a place as any, moderatly good rum, quiet as it ever gets" besides if i walk into the gilded cage i might loose my head is left unsaid
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:49 am

She simply nods as she walks an arm's length from him, a little ahead or a little behind, but never even. "Easy enough to learn if you actually study your histories," she says finally. As he turns to look, she glares at him and places her eyes decidedly forward. "If you don't know who you are, whats the point of living?" The edge returns to her voice.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:53 am

I shrug "you find a reason, sometimes it is the journey to find yourself. sometimes it is the things around you. the real challenge is to find a reason to live instead of just exist. " I can get a little philisophical at times after all "what should i call you?" I leave off the normal girl or ma'am just to see her reaction "before you ask, you tell me what you want to be called and i will tell you what i want to. seems fair enough."
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:01 am

"Adriana," she says, almost making it sound like a title.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum