The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Crone, The Matron and The Maid

5 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Crone, The Matron and The Maid - Page 2 Empty Re: The Crone, The Matron and The Maid

Post  Djehuty Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:37 pm

Broken stones grate together under the weight of glacial ice as the Cailleach speaks, "You are but the first step in a long row, Child of Water, and you cannot claim the loyalty of the elves from Titania and Oberon, but the races of song and water have readied your seat and await your kingdom. Humans that have heard you sing in the streets praise you above many others as you lead them away from their sorrows with your songs and as first heir to your father's blood right, even more men will come to listen to your words. Your are the first bridge; not the only bridge. "
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

The Crone, The Matron and The Maid - Page 2 Empty re:madien,mother and crone

Post  Liv Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:41 pm

Her words freeze me. "My...father? But...he was a simple man, a fiddler..." I look into her eyes, grey as the storm, and shiver a little. "What does my father have to do with this?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Crone, The Matron and The Maid - Page 2 Empty Re: The Crone, The Matron and The Maid

Post  Djehuty Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:49 pm

"Your father is no great man himself." she looks down on Liv, "though by blood he could have been. His rightful kingdom was lost to the sea many years ago, but this legacy has fallen into legend and myth and the bloodline has become hidden from all but those that seek for it."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:54 pm

I shake my head slowly, half in shock and half in disbelief. It's too much. Far too much.
"What is expected of me?" I ask, bowing my head.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:04 pm

The Cailleach looks at Liv, speaking once more

"Our game’s begun, the Ivory pieces set;
Ebony to buy the upper hand, yet,
Raven’s Wing set against Harvest’s Gold, O’
What matter ties of blood when hidden so?"

"Daughter of River and Child of Rogue Wind,
Your Families and Friends support to you lend;
Your strife will bring sorrow, bitter tears to shed,
“But how free we would be, hadn’t we bled!”

"Heed now our warnings, our Dear River Queen
On you the future does heavily lean;
Take strength, be aware, know your kith and kin,
And the less the blood before you will win."

"The words of our warning, do not quickly
Despise, knowing our Fates steps so lightly,
and throw sand in our eyes."

"Your task is not war, Queen, though it may find you if you do not take care to heed my warning. Other have already set themselves in your path and they intend to lead the relations of your peoples in directions counter to the balance of the worlds." She steps back, leaning heavily on her staff. "Face up and alert, kit. You have good instincts and better friends. You are still a bard, regardless, and your path is still that of wisdom."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:15 pm

my own wondering of 'aren't she and dejhuty already such bridges' is cut short by the next poem, I smile at the words "Great Ladies, may I say something to her" with a nod to Liv "I mean no disrespect and I am aware your time, such as it flows here, is Valuable so i will not take much of it" I swallow knowing my own emotions are likely as on display as when i was at the holt "Liv, Near as i can tell they are saying that you are expected to be you as a bard you learned the histories, and learned to listen, you have the knowledge of the past to not repeat it, you listen to those around you, even when you don't always want to, and glean knowledge, and more importantly wisdom from it." here i pause for a breath "you know what ever path you lead the rest of us are at your side. and even when we physically aren't, we still are in spirit, be it kindred, or human." the words are hard in my throat. "it is going to be a hard burden by it's sound, but it isn't one you bare alone" here i glance at Dejhuty "you were the one who brought us together, weather you like it or not, you are a leader" i offer a smile. "and a good one"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:20 pm

With a small smile for my friend, I nod, very slowly. Then I take a deep breath, locking eyes again with the Calliech. "Knowledge is my path, my Lady. So I ask for knowledge from you; You speak of two becoming one, and the balance of the worlds. I have felt strange things of late. If I am to walk a road, I must have light to see it by. What is happening?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:21 pm

i fold my hands and chip in "i used to be a corporal in the wehrmarcht guess that makes you my sergeant".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:35 pm

"I was one of the first; the Queen of Winter. I was there when the first men came forth, and watched as they first came to my children and grandchildren, asking to be taught the ways of their new world. Their nature was different from ours, and we learned much from the Children of Eve, who look at everything through new eyes, even as we taught them our ways, built on traditions established before the first trees grew."

"However, the youth of men evolve faster then we, and the traditions we had taught them changed as they grew; they became a mighty multitude, ever changing as each new generation passed. And we, locked in our traditions, resisted the change. We no longer looked to learn from men, but instead sought to impose our ways on them. And they resisted. And they won. We left the world, our home as well as theirs to a place prepared for us."

"We lost more then our home, our world. We lost the wonder of the world as seen by men, and they lost the wisdom of the elder races. And it through the world into turmoil as men, changeable and young, began to destroy the world we had both long coexisted in."

"You are to be the first link in a new chain which will pull our worlds together and lend balance once more to each other."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:41 pm

I gasp, my voice caught in my throat, and stare disbelievingly at the ancient woman. That can't be right. It's...against anything I have ever learned. And the two worlds coming together?! We'd destroy one another, as we nearly did once before. I remember the history...the idea of that repeating...but I bow my head.
"My thanks."
"And now our time here is ended." Lihnahn Sidhe, standing and pulling me to my feet with her. "You've been shown the path, little bard. Now it is yours to walk." Leaning down, she kissed my brow. "Our blessings go with you."
To my shock, all three Ladies bow to me.
Numbly, I turn, starting back up the path. We've been dismissed.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:00 pm

i walk until im standing next to the banshee "so you free for an evening this week? i know this lovely bar around the empire park".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:33 pm

She looks quizzically up at him before flashing a predatory smile, "Only if I get to choose the place, Dearest. I never was very good at playing the good girl."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:34 pm

i raise an eyebrow "works for me".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:38 pm

as we are leaving a lean over to liv and with a roll of my eyes i mock whisper "Germans" then looking at Dejhuty weather you are staying for any length of time or leave, we are drinking before you go, and no Liv i dont' mean as a household" I grin there is talking to be done and this should be moderatly funny.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:45 pm

She moves closer, till the space between their bodies couldn't fit a sheet of paper. "I'll see you in three nights; and remember, its not nice to keep a girl waiting." She cuddles his chest with her head before stepping back, letting her hand remain until forced to fall away. "Can't wait, Lover."

The other two women shoot a look of pity at Ignacy before the three return to their tasks.

Djehuty arches an eyebrow. "I had not intended of leaving before the story has reached its natural conclusions... as for a drink... Where did you have in mind? And will we be drinking to the final nights of our dear berserker?" He smiles, watching Ignacy eye the lithe figure as she tucks her tunic up again, showing off legs that may have been carved from ivory.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:47 pm

i shrug as i walk back to the others "what she gonna do? kill me? i mean il just bounce back".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:52 pm

I snort "no we will be drinking to returns and stories, to the comedy that is lifes tragedy, and finally, to face what the morrow brings, besides it has been a male bonding agent since the first person fermented anything" I can't help but laugh even Kaija's scowl doesn't really change it. "it also lets the girls have a Girls night which might help all of us aswell. not sure which group ignacy will go with though"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:02 pm

"The options are many, the possible ending few, and I would be honored to share drink with you in any of the dark holes calling themselves a bar in this armpit of a city." Djehuty smiles as Lily looks longways at Kaija. "Where shall we begin our tour of iniquity?"
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:04 pm

I laugh " to start I don't know but Mayhap our two groups should meet at strangefellows in a few hours?" I ask the girls earning two sullen glares "what?" I am confused thought safety in numbers while we also get out and about "I think it is a good idea"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:24 pm

I shake my head very slightly. "No. No drinking for me. I need...quiet. You go." I feel numb, and words seem to come at me too loud, grating on my ears. I want to find somewhere to curl up and stay there.
Once we are back in the Nightside, I turn from the group, striding off in the direction of my apartment without a backward glance.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:44 pm

Djehuty pauses a moment, looking after her and opens his mouth as if to say something, before snapping it shut again and running his hand over his head. Liv's mood, normally bright, qualshes even Liam and Ignacy's jovial teasing, as the six follow the one, trailing in her wake through the press of people.

The gaslights fan out before us as we cross the border into the Sherlocks and make our way down less crowded streets to the apartment before pausing and looking up at the door, blanketed with near dozens of posts, letters and leaflets. "Six months behind on the rent." Lily quips, "not likely to make your landlord happy." She stalks up the steps and, after a moment digging, finds and turns the knob, opening the door into the house.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:50 pm

I gape at the door " what in the nine realms" before sighing " my turn to clean this up besides might make the cages lady happy" I say trying for levitity and failing spectacularly "talk about a long day"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:56 pm

The talk washes over me, though the presence of the others constantly grates on me. I want to be left alone. I want to be alone. Instead their constant chatter bombards me.
There's no sign we've been gone, no dust on the furniture, I note distantly. That's good. Turning, I straighten my shoulders. "Why don't you lot go out as you planned? You need not stay in on my account. Go on." I try to make the words bright....but it doesn't quite come off.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:58 pm

Turning to Liam, Djehuty deadpans, "What are your feelings on kidnapping?"
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:01 pm

"depends on the motivation" ignoring liv's tone for the moment "most times against but to save someone from themselves or something equally dangerous I am all for it" the mischief normally present in my voice as absent as my eternal smirk
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum