It never Rains. . .

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: It never Rains. . .

Post  Liam on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:58 am

"noted, seems better run then the catacombs" i answer taking subtle notes of where the subtle indicators of where exits are. "wait a new pet? the trolls weren't enough"
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:11 am

"Fairchild views the trolls as a failure." Kris says simply. "Our attempts to replicate our original hybrid lead to instabilities, both physical and mental in all involved. Only those that received treatment derived from Jotnar seem to have stabilized physically. Huldufolk all have perished save for the original changeling. The Dr. has moved on to more controllable forces then the double helix and Norse devilry."
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:19 am

"Guard your tongue, that norse devilry still stopped many a rout" I growl "Just hurry us to the Dr." I am growing impatient no telling what they are going to do to Liv while she is here.
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:25 am

"As you wish," Kris smiles, "Its only twelve more levels, maybe two miles of walking." Glancing down the hall, activity dwindling, he scowls. "Fairchild may be loosing his edge; the duty shift doesn't end for another hour." he grumbles as he retakes the lead.

A thin mist of dark, seeming too eat the light from the overhead lamps, wreaths itself around the heads of the little group as they continue deeper, growing thicker and more cloying with every step. A the visibility dwindles, Kris calls halt, clearly puzzled by the lack of activity and the unnatural fog.

Lily presses close to whisper to Liam, moment before a shadowed form stumbles from further down the corridor, its face emaciated and eyes pleading. Collapsing at Liam's feet, the pitiful figure curls into a ball, clutching weakly at his pant leg. "Wiedergä..." it pleads, its voice breaking in the third syllable. "Save me."
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:08 am

I crouch down Lifting the emaciated Form from the floor, "breath, you are helping yourself already" the words are calm and attempting to be reassuring "what has happened?" he is familiar but the distortion to his features is throwing me off gods but it is right there "Lily girl can you tell me who he is?" I keep turning my gaze trying to establish his identity
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:29 pm

I roll over, smiling and glad for the warmth. Hoping to find Liam's smiling face, I run downstairs to the kitchen for breakfast. The house is empty...silent...eerie. Where the hell are they? I lay my hand on the table, thinking about where they could have possibly gone and notice a slip of paper beside my thumb. Reading the note, I realize that the idiots have once again left me-no gryphons this time and no note. *Where the HELL are you?!* I mentally scream at Liv.

Kaija

Back to top Go down

re:it never rains

Post  Liv on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:38 pm

I yelp, instinctively clapping my hands to my ears. "Ow, Kaija, don't yell!" I say sharply, both out loud and in my mind. My mind washes with her relief. I close my eyes. *I'm all right, Kiaja.*
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Growling, I answer, *Do you think I care that you're ok right now? You, Liam, Lily-I'm tired of saving you all. If you needed, or wanted, me. I'd be brought with.*

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:54 pm

I frown. *If you haven't noticed, my girl, I didn't have much choice in the matter. And I'm not with Liam. I'm still trapped. So do me a favor and cool off?*
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:55 pm

*I forgive you, dearie...but the rest of them, especially my brother...*

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:08 pm

"Leave that for now. Look, I'm underground, no idea where. I'm in a bad spot here. Any chance you can find me physically through this link? I need to get out of here.*
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:11 pm

*Any water near you?*

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:13 pm

I snort. *I wish. It's all concrete corridors.*
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:15 pm

*Show me what you see."

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:25 pm

I open my eyes. *it isn't much. And don't mind the blood; it's nobody we know.*
It's a strange feeling, sensing someone looking through my eyes, the mental equivalent of the feeling you have when someone is looking over your shoulder.
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:33 pm

*Damn, when you get wedged, you get stuck....funny thing is when you open that door, you're back to where you tried to kill me."

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:37 pm

My brows shoot up. "This leads to the catacombs??" I realize only after I've said it that I'm speaking aloud, so great is my surprise. I step towards the door, but draw away just as quickly. "Shit. Iron. The door's iron." I glance at Djhuety. He reaches forward, but quickly draws his hand back with a gasp. "Something up?" I ask. By way of illustration, he throws a pebble from his pocket against the door. It fizzles in the air, a spark of blue electricity, with a nasty zzap! sound. "Electrified?!" I exclaim, and roll my eyes. "Overdid it a bit, didn't they?"
The two of us stare at one another, then at the door.
"Not opening from this side..." I mutter.

Last edited by Liv on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:41 pm

*I suppose you want me to come save you?*

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:54 pm

*You can be cranky later. Come through St. Jude's and open the door from that side, if you would. And hurry. I think I've overstayed my welcome.* another scream down the corridor makes me turn, wincing as it wavers away into silence.
Then the rumbling begins again. My gut clenches. *Kaija, forget it, I can't stay near this door. It's too dangerous. I'll try and circle back to it, but I can't stay here.* Under the anger I get from her mind, there's fear. I smile slightly. *I'll be fine, my girl. Find your brother, he's probably planning a rescue. Tell him what we've said, and warn him. There are some very nasty things down here. Tell him to be on his guard. I'll see you soon.* Hoping my last words will prove true, I shut down the mental connection, opening my eyes. "Let's find another door." I say. Djhuety nods.
But our luck seems to have run out. Every door is barred by iron and electricity. I grit my teeth. "There has got to be a way out of this gods-forsaken hellhole."
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

re: it never rains

Post  jgordo61 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:41 am

Voices....I hear voices....What a strange accent...Not German...maybe they can help me. but ive got to be inconspicuous...If the soldiers realize i'm asking for help they'll put me down. They are getting closer....I release a very small amount of my manna, a tiny silver wisp, snakes its way over the spider web in the corner of the room. silicone, carbon, strands of amino acids...useless. They are getting closer...I can hear them clearly now....Two men and a girl....one German. I've got to think quickly. Thinking fast I squeeze out yet another strand of my energy...perhaps that web is not so useless, I will my manna to create a quick and intense heat, melting the web and reforming it a small miracle in its own right until finally laying in the farthest corner of the room near the door, is a small piece of reflective glass catching the light of my prisons lights, creating a glint...Now all I can hope is that this is enough...A sparkling piece of glass...Who would have thought so much hope could go into a tiny piece of glittery glass.

jgordo61

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:36 pm

The man on the floor is still tugging at my memory. gods who is he? i know emaciation can change an appearance to something less then human but still. looking for any hint as to who he is my eyes slip to the side, a glint, a small glittering spiderweb in this otherwise dismal hall two long strides lead me to the crystal web it reeks of magic fresh and different from what i know, Not liv, damn was hoping but no luck where did this small thing come from?
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:39 pm

jgordo61 wrote:Closer the footsteps are almost here. And then there it was, an eye in the crack of the door. "Excuse me sir" I whispered "would you be so kind as to hand me my coat." "You see these uhhh....Gentleman seemed to need a doctor and rather than asking they decided to take me as their prisoner....My coat is uhm special would you hand it to me so I could get out?"

the sound of the voice causes me to stop short "where in the nine realms did?" no this is the nightside what you can't see straight on look at sideways. rotating my head and watching out of the corner of my eye. There is the crack, but where is the coat. .. wait looking sideways at the 'man' that was so familiar, no he is no man he is the coat Walking over to Lily i murmur a quick apology before taking the sleave/hand and bringing it to the small crack in the wall gods but this thing is heavy and yet impossibly light at the same time
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:04 pm

I'm beginning to feel like the protaginist in one of those old legends about a Maze. These corridors go on forever, and around every other corner is another problem. I'm beginning to dearly miss my blade. And we're not the only ones in the Maze. Always, my ears are pricked for the soft footsteps of the death spirit, the rumbling step of the Wendigo.
We slam past a pair of reptilloids, and keep running, Djhuety matching me stride for stride. Around another bend, another and another...and finally their footsteps fade.
I lean back against the wall, panting. "I....hate....this...place..."
Then I hear it. Soft footsteps, measured. And I smell it, like burnt wood and spilled blood. My gut tightens like a noose. I meet Djhuety's eyes, red with his own fear.
"Run." I whisper.
Together we take off once more, barreling down the hall, turning corners, pushing past men and women and things. A shot rings out, but I cry a note, and the bullet loses its speed against air that has gone hard. And we run.
Twisting around another bend, I skid to a halt, but not soon enough to stop myself running into a man in another damn Nazi uniform. He yelps, and grabs ahold of me. With a hiss, I kick him hard in the gut, and then in the face. Cursing, holding his bleeding nose, he pulls a gun.
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:19 pm

Running footsteps cause me to turn in time to see out erstwhile guide draw a gun and pull it on Liv. man is this guy stupid. snarling I almost miss the form of my missing friend, while the other missing one. No time now for heartwarming reunions. breath deep feel the pulse of the world and the immutable tick of all things running out. force the tick, that unwavering unavoidable force into the your arms. yes that is it, my face pales and my eyes become fever bright as i grab the mans wrist, a squeeze shattering bones as the flesh sags. I would feel bad for him but not now, he is no longer a man, just a bag of meat that is long past it's prime. the sickening sweet smell of rot coming from my touch. My other hand comes back and Strikes him in the stomach. a cowards blow. but he can die slowly as the rot comes for him. "Never threaten my Kith again" I growl my voice cold and dead as it once was.
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:23 pm

I stand back, gasping from the stench, gulping for air. "Liam..." I smile...then the footsteps sound in my ears again. My eyes widen. "Run! It's behind us! Run!"
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top