It never Rains. . .

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

re:it never rains

Post  Liv on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:45 am

I frown. "Maybe he should stay at home..." then I shrug. "But then again, the ladies we'll be seeing have more patience with menfolk than most. We should be well enough."
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: It never Rains. . .

Post  Djehuty on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:46 am

"This will be more of a cross between Macbeth and a Council of War," Djehuty crosses his arms, glancing down the hall toward Ignacy's room. "Keep it peace-bound and you should be fine."
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:48 am

"Sounds like fun, what is the cause? actually wait on that and tell me later" with that i stand "If we are leaving after we eat let me get changed. might as well not look like i have been half murdered again." with that i head down the hall to my room, glancing at our quiet companions hinting it might be a good idea for those that can change too
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:50 am

I frown up at Djhuety. "Did you have to say MacBeth? I hate that play. Always have."
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:55 am

"How would you have me put it? We are going to meet the Crone, the Matron and the Maiden." He pauses and looks around the room, as if to ensure they're alone, folding his arms against an unseen chill.
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:11 am

I shudder at the thought, just a little. But it would be as it would. And I had a road to walk. "I'm going to get changed. I ought to dress properly for meeting such as these."
Turning, I pad down to my room.
I would have liked to wear my denim jacket and jeans, safe and comfortable. I would have liked to have gone in clothing that lets me feel strong...but it would have been insulting. It would have been rude to go dressed as if for a battle. So, reluctantly, I reach into the very bottom of my satchel, and pull out a dress.
The dress is the blue of water at sunrise, rich and deep, with a brighter blue surcoat over it. It is sleeveless, baring my tattoos, and with a slightly scooped neck that emphasizes my graceful neck and bone structure, while covering my bony legs and giving curve to my fairly thin and angular body. I draw out the woven belt that completes the dress, the complex patterns of reds and blues and white marking my rank among Kindred. I braid silver into my hair, and sing it into its best look, long and free and curling down my back, rich and deep, the pride of Dratsie kind. In my boots, I tuck my knife and my whistle.
Reluctantly, I pad out. "Okay, let's go."
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:12 am

As Djehuty watches Liv turn down the hall, her skirts swirling as she silently slips down the hall. Watching her graceful movements accentuated by the fabric, he shakes his head before turning and following, stopping at the triple locked door leading into Lily's room. Raising a hand to knock, he pauses, and glancing down again at the locks again, he smiles. Calling in a sing-song, 'You forgot to lock your door, Lily," he reaches down and turns the nob, "And we need to talk."

A hiss followed by the sound of a body flopping on a mattress emanates from behind the door as it squeaks on its hinges. Peering around the jam, Lily's figure lies spread eagle on the bed, staring fixedly at the ceiling as she ignores her visitor. "No explanation?" Djehuty inquires, closing the door and leaning up against it, arms crossed. "Its true that my confidence has grown much in my six months with my grandmother and her people, but I doubt that's given me the nerve you accused me of half an hour ago." No movement of response from Lily prompts him to continue. "Your a stranger and a guest, a foundling here for the last week. These are my friends, that took me in when I was first lost in the Nightside. Do you think I made my oath to the Ladies lightly? That I don't recognize the dangers?"

Lily turns on her side and scowls. "You betrayed her," She says bluntly.

"Hardly. I may not change the paths, but I still have my voice and power. And I have my path to follow as well... and like hers, they dare not block the passage of free will and fate."

"Lambkin, last I saw, Ya couldn't solve yer own problems, and turned it over to others. Now yer telling me that yer the blessed messenger of the fates?"

"Errand boy, and the creative word, wrapped in a neat package," He smiles. "I've been gone longer then you think, little thief. Now, we have places to be and many things to do before we next sleep; my gut says this is your story as well, but the choice is yours. You coming or not?"

Slowly, Lily nods, pushing up off the bed again. "Might as well; let you lot lead, an' ye'll end all our paths." she grumble, suppressing a smile. Reaching up as she moves to the door, she takes a handful of Djehuty's hair and pulls his ear level with her mouth. "An' Lambkin, You ever tell me I forgot to lock my door again, I'll lock yer jaw." Smiling viciously, she slips past and out the door back to the main room.

Rearranging his pulled back hair, Djehuty grunts as she dips past; "bi-polar imp," he glowers before following her lead, arriving back in the living area moments before Liv.
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:52 am

I smile as i leave my room, wearing simple leather trousers similar to ones Kaija used to see me wear to festivals, a dark green overtunic with a pale grey under-tunic belted with an old brass and leather ring belt, and Boots that end at my mid calf buckled in place. "Sorry for the Archaic look, but i figured coming to an event like that would mean being dressed as the man i once was. the one I and others Knew." it feels good to be dressed as me again, if only for a night. catching sight of Liv i give a low whistle "Wow songstress" I smile "the look suits ya girly"
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:01 pm

I roll my eyes. "Enjoy it while you can. I hate dressing for the High Courts. It either makes you look arrogent, or silly." then I turn, feeling terribly naked without my travel bag. There's a breath of air, and Ailin lands on my shoulder and twines herself across the back of my neck, chirping in my ear, nuzzling her head against my hair nervously. I smile, patting her head. "Yes an ghra, you can stay with me." I murmur softly. "You even match the dress. But you'll need to say quiet, acushla." Then I raise my head. "Right, let's be on our way.
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top