It never Rains. . .

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: It never Rains. . .

Post  Djehuty on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:36 pm

"The Bean Nighe and the Caillechl request an audience with you." On seeing the looks of puzzlement on Lily and Vyros's faces, he amends, "A Banshee and Queen Beira." Studying the stunned look on Liv's face, he takes a bite from his sandwich.
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

re:it never rains

Post  Liv on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:32 pm

I swallow hard. "What?" I ask, stunned, "Me? What do they want with such as me?"
Djhuety shrugs, but his eyes shade into a doubtful sort of grey-green. I stare into his eyes. "Why are such great ones calling me?" I mutter, more to myself than to him. Then I straighten. "When do we need to go?"
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:34 pm

"Well, I think they'll understand if you take the time to heal," Djehuty deadpans, causing Lily to giggle. "We go when you're ready."
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:52 pm

I nod slowly. "Right....I shall try and hurry. It's best not to keep such as they waiting." I take a seat at the kitchen table, staring at the wall. "The Calliech and Bean Nigh. Hai mai...." Two of the greatest Ladies of our Kin, wisest and eldest. It's an honor to meet them...and yet a trickle of panic washes through my gut and I can feel the hair along my spine prickling.
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Resting a hand gently on her shoulder, Djehuty leans over. "It'll be fine... Grandmother won't let them force you into anything, I'm sure; why else would she wish to be present?" The words seem empty, as if falling into a void. "I wish I could help, but they secured my vow," He mutters, eyes downcast, as he take the seat to her right. "My words do nothing in this matter."
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:10 pm

I frown, staring at him. "They bound you by your word? Hai mai...never trust oracles..." then, noticing his expression, I lay my hand on his for a moment. "Well, I'll take what comes. I mean, how bad can it be?"
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:30 pm

Lily chokes on her sandwich. "Oh, by gods, ya did no' just say that." she moan, massaging her throat. "Choose a booth an' start yer prayen' luv; ye'll need it now." Grumpily, she turns to leave, but pausing at the door, she looks back. "Lambkin, ya got yer self a nerve..." she growls, before muttering something inaudible and stalking out in the direction of her room.

Djehuty looks up, his eyes flashing gold,then cobalt with wounded pride and anger, but she's gone before he can refute her words. Dropping his head to the table with a bump, he groans inwardly.
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

re: it never rains

Post  jgordo61 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:03 am

After listening to the conversation of my new companions while I attacked a sandwich I decided finally to chime in. "I'm sorry" I said letting the confusion in my voice become painfully obvious. "What is happening, now it is very obvious that none of you are the average travelers trapped in the Nightside. But talk of the Fae the race that was thought to be extinct and not but myth. Oracles...Banshees...and wise queens. Someone please elaborate."

jgordo61

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:15 am

I turn, studying the man. "You'll learn in this place that being a myth does not exclude a thing from being true. And sometimes the myths are more true than the facts. As for being trapped in the Nightside, no. I choose where I am, and so do we all." Then I shrug. "And as for those Ladies, I have...some knowledge of them, enough to pay them honor. And as for the Fae being extinct, I wouldn't say that in public. Unless you want to be a wall ornament. Or worse. Old races are like old trees. Deep rooted, and deceptively adaptable." I sit back, cocking my head. "You on the other hand, you didn't come here of your own will, did you?"
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jgordo61 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:22 am

"Indeed it would seem you've seen through me. First let me explain that I was born in the year 2353, and my whole life I've been a bit...outlandish. Since a young age I took a fascination in various sciences and was attending university by the time I was twelve. Some time during my fourteenth year I attempted to create a warphole in my garage to send myself to the other side of the city. I found myself quite befuddled in the year 1533 in England. I spent some time there as an urchin when one John D. who many of you may know as a famous alchemist picked me up. I spent some time studying under him which is where my somewhat mystical abilities come from. After several more years had passed I thought myself wise enough to warp back home...and...here I am." I finished trying to read the faces of the others with no success.

jgordo61

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:29 am

I stare at him, my brows raised. "A warphole? In your garage?!....Well, I suppose we're all young and stupid once."
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:30 am

Djehuty looks the young man up and down. "That's quite a trip, traveler." His eyes shift to an unreadable grey, "Nightside's as good as anyplace to open a time slip home, if you can control it. You would be our second visitor from some variant of that era."
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  jgordo61 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:42 am

"Its true" I replied "However, if I calculated correctly and I usually do, without a massive energy source to power a slip space drive, the majority of all warp transportation is random. I for one would not want to risk landing on a star or simply somewhere random in space. I fear that my way home is lost."

jgordo61

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:46 am

For a long moment, I watch the young man, his downcast eyes. Then I lean forward. "Hey." I smile when his eyes meet mine. "Hasn't anyone told you that you can find anything in the Nightside? And when they say anything, they mean anything. Especially things that have been lost."
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:48 am

Winking conspiratorially at Liv, Djehuty smiles, "There are more ways home then you can imagine, traveler." He walks over and grips Vyros left shoulder, "But what say you to letting us add you to our cache of foundlings for a while? We could use a man of your talents if the story shapes the way I believe it will."
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  jgordo61 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:51 am

What kind people they've only just met me and yet they've already offered to take me in, and there is strength in numbers. To Djehuty's proposition of course I answered "I would be honored to be counted among your friends."

jgordo61

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:56 am

"Counting us as friends isn't healthy, as witnessed by the fact that the lady here has gotten kidnapped more then once and until..." He pauses and thinks, "A week ago, I suppose, I lured more trouble then a sexually active teenage girl whose parents are out of town."
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:00 am

I snort. "You? You blush at dirty pictures. But the bit about trouble is right." I can't help but smile at the man, at his naively open emotions and his smile. "And he has a point. We're not always safe company. But we watch out for one another. For what it's worth, you're welcome in our home." Then I sit back. "And now that I'm feeling better, you can see some real healing." Closing my eyes, I raise my voice, focusing on my body, on the harmony of bone and ligament, tendon and muscle, singing blood and nerves full of lightning messages, all in harmony, all in perfection. I sing of wholeness and flowing, graceful movement, of strength of bone and suppleness of skin. Finished, I blink, and give my body a little shake, feeling not a twinge. I grin. "That's much better. Now, wasn't there pizza in the offing?"
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jgordo61 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:02 am

Utterly Flabergasted

jgordo61

Back to top Go down

Post  jgordo61 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:07 am

"Uncanny" I thought aloud "all physical evidence that you were ever harmed. How is that possible, I know that I have some magical abilities but that was quite amazing. And the singing...I don't understand please explain."

jgordo61

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:10 am

I shrug. "I reminded my body of how it ought to be. Of the way it is meant to work. And so it went back to working the way it ought. The song is my way of concentrating, I suppose you could say. The singing is part of the gift...the magic, you'd call it."
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jgordo61 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:29 am

"It seems that I have much to learn here I don't know whether to be excited or afraid." I said as I realized the enormity of my own situation

jgordo61

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:31 am

"Be wary." I say with a wink, "It's-" I glance up at the sound of the door opening. "Hey, did you remember the anchovies on--what in the name of gods is wrong with you? You okay?" I jump to my feet, striding forward.
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:41 am

I smile at Liv, looking down at myself and Kaija both still smelling of seawater and pizza, with salt crusted on our clothing. "I am fine Liv, I am just sympathetic to your fatigue when you do magic now" i know my smile is more of a grimace again. "there are anchovies on 2 pizza's" sinking into a chair "just jumped the gun at the park, and then grabbed a water winder by the tail, and had a dis agreement with my little sister." I glance at kaija wondering what her reaction will be, sadly it is still un-readable. "sorry for the delayed proper 'Welcome Back' Storyteller" I smile at Dejhuty "you look like you have come more into yourself.
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:03 am

"You can get a lot of soul searching done in six months." Djehuty smiles, offering his hand. "And I'm not done yet; I'm back only until this chapter plays out, I'm afraid."
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top