The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Springing the Trap

+2
Liam
Liv
6 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Springing the Trap - Page 3 Empty Re: Springing the Trap

Post  Liam Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:43 am

" Again they are Docile and yes i did tell you after it wouldn't bite you anymore, now BREATH, lets see, black cause tissue necrosis, and green cause a fever, that is all the ones i have come across. " I look at the other eggs "good no Black, those ones don't bond they just bite"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:06 am

Lily stares reproachfully at her new living bracelet. "At least its not moving," she sighs and slides down into her seat, taking care not to disturb the amphiptere. I look bemusedly at her, then glance around to see if anyone is looking our way; other then a tall man hidden in the shadow of a large troll at the bar, I see no eyes on us.

"Me thinks that a hatching in a bar might be a little to high profile, unless we wish to sell, trade or exhibit our rare beasties."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:16 am

' agreed" I glance at the others "shall we pay our tab and return to the borrow?" Kaija is looking a little lost in thought likely remembering when her water winder hatched. the others are various expression of amusement and unease "come on, and Lily, since i freaked you I will cover that last round of drinks" I fish out a few of my older coins "thank gods that they use the current price for gold and silver here" I laugh
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Springing the Trap - Page 3 Empty re:springing the trap

Post  Liv Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:27 pm

"Of course, you know you brought it on yourself Lily." I say as we walk out of the bar, "You were the one who stole the eggs. Karma in action." She glares at me. I smile placidly back.
By the time we reach the apartment, two more eggs are beginning to crack. They lay on the table, rocking. I quirk a brow. "Who wants a pet?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:34 pm

" not who wants a pet, it is who will be picked " I smile as i watch the two remaining eggs as they roll and twitch. the white is doing fine but the green seems to be having trouble it's more violent, more harsh followed by longer periods of stillness
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:18 pm

I tickle Lily's serpent under the chin, causing it to pur, much to her dismay. "Not sure just how intelligent they are, but if their anything like Sylus, they'll be great little beasties to have around."

A knock at the turn causes our heads to turn from the eggs shuddering on the table. "Expecting anyone, Liv?"
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:27 pm

"No...." I say cautiously, cocking my head as I stare at the door. "And I don't really fancy opening that door too fast...Let's see what the wards have to say...." I put my hand to the wall, and sing myself into the spell on one long note. I can feel twinges of something....but the spell is unperturbed. I pull myself back out of the spell. "Nothing much. Seems safe enough..." I shrug.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:31 pm

" hold on a moment" I say ducking down to Ignacy's room and coming back with a double barrel break action "what it usually scares the crap out of someone, i have no shells in it. "i look at ignacy "i will give it back"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mevans Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:34 pm

As Liv turns back, I walk through the door and look around the room.
Seeing the others, I turn and walk over to them.

Mevans

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:42 pm

I glance at Mathias as his eyes fall on the rocking eggs on the table, then turn back to the door and nod. "Then here goes nothing." Slowly, I step to our front door, and undo the bolt, inching the door open. My hands are tensed, ready to reach for my knife. "Yes?" I ask. For a long moment, I stare, blinking. There's something...strange about the figure beyond the door. It doesn't seem to be there from moment to moment; the effect is made worse by the low light in the hall.
"Can I help you?" I ask slowly.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:46 pm

"Now, that would depend." The cuts the silence that issues in off the street. The shadowed figure touches a finger to his forehead and dips in a slight bow. "On whether or not you are in fact the person or persons I'm looking for, wouldn't it." A hint of white slices the shadow figures face.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:49 pm

The voice makes the hair along my spine stand on end. "Somehow I don't think we are. Now please leave." I start to shut the door, but a foot is placed in the jam fast as I move. I glare at the sliver of eye beyond the door. "There are wards on this place. If they activate, you won't like the result. Trust me on that one."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mevans Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:52 pm

"Who are you looking for?" I pipe in.
"I'm waiting for a package or two, if you're the courier!" I pause for effect, then say as an aside, "Need to get those cursed computer parts in already..."

Mevans

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:57 pm

"I don't deliver packages, lad. My quire is this; Do you or do you not have a clutch of amphipteres hissing about here somewhere?" The smile broadens, "Your wards are quite impressive, by the way, though completely unnecessary in my case." A hand gently caresses the lentil of the door and the echoing rumble echos up from the foundations, deep, resonating and soothing.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:00 pm

" cease affecting the borrow sir. I have seen your kind and if you continue i will respond as if attack, we only have four two are bonded you know the rules with that further they were fairly bought"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mevans Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:03 pm

I return to the room, carrying a small stack of computer equipment, which I set on the table obscuring the eggs.
"Are you absolutely sure you aren't the courier? I have all of the normal computer parts, but without the cursed parts this machine just won't work right!"

As I'm speaking the egg starts rocking harder. I place my hand gently over it to prevent it from making noise and alerting the stranger.

Mevans

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:04 pm

"The latter, I sincerely doubt," the shadow removes his hand from the lentil, eyeing the shotgun. "As for the binding, I'm only interested in one."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:06 pm

I turn sharply at the sound of a crack. The green shell cracks beneath Mathias's fingers, shattering, and a glowing emerald coatl flops weakly onto the table, crying weakly.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mevans Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:09 pm

I glanced down, shocked at the development.
The baby starts mewing softly, and I rub its neck slightly to try to quiet it and prevent it from drawing any more attention. A quick glance with my knee and a couple computer parts fall off the table, making similar cracking sounds.

I look up slowly, hoping the stranger would fall for the trick.

Mevans

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:11 pm

"with all due respect, little as it is." I say slowly "I don't care" I return to the table lowering the gun as I do, to look at the little one. it is too small, and it's breathing is labored. leaning down I begin lightly stroking it's head "shush now little one, hold on. Liv could you go get some milk please? and is he coming in having the door slammed in his face?"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:12 pm

"Idiot," the shadow flares, knocking out the lights in the entry hall as he pushes the door open, "You may have killed it!"

The cries grow in pitch, before weakening, the serpent struggling for breath as it curls on the table. The two previously hatched shudder and hide their heads beneath their feathered wings; even Lily looks disturbed by the sight.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:22 pm

"Oh," I breathe the word, my heart torn in half. I drop beside the little creature, taking both Mathias's hands and cupping them about it. "Keep it warm." Then I place one of my own hands on its little back, and call up my Gift. I sing of strength, if muscles moving in perfect harmony. I sing of the joy of the breeze in your face and the strength in the wind. I sing of the power of the river of the blood. I sing of life and energy; sunlight, fire, bright days. I've got to give it strength. I've got to give it the power to survive.
Below my fingers, the little creature stirs. I sit back with a smile, watching the creature stretch its wings, watching the amazement on Mathias's face.
"It'll be hungry now." I say, rubbing my thoat as I watch the little creature wind up Mathias's arm.

Last edited by Liv on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:26 pm

seeing the others getting into the swing of things i stand up and turn twords the shadow in the door "sit DOWN" I snap "next time you flare up like that will be the last you are able to comfortably" I then turn back looking between the green hatchling and the last white egg. this is going to get interesting and not in a good way.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:30 pm

"I'll not sit when my companion is so near." It casts a glare at Mathias's back as he stands tickling the chin of the little green, now purring contentedly at his shoulder. "I need this far more then you could understand." The lights continue to dim as it approaches the table, staring at the white shell of the egg before rounding on Liam. "Where's the bronze?" It snaps, its brow furrowing, shadow upon shadow, in a frown.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:39 pm

" we don't have a bronze. . . . LILY empty your pockets now" Liam look up at the shadow and cold clocks it, well tries too his hand passing through it " next time i am using salt and holy water with a side dose of napalm and silly putty" His mouth turning in a scowl Liam returns his attention to the table watching the little white egg still trying to hatch
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next