The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inconvenient Meetings and Disturbing Conversations

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Inconvenient Meetings and Disturbing Conversations - Page 2 Empty re:Disturbing Converstations

Post  Liv Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:53 pm

I glance over, and burst out laughing. "You posed for that?!! Oh gods, how much did they pay you?!"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Inconvenient Meetings and Disturbing Conversations - Page 2 Empty Re: Inconvenient Meetings and Disturbing Conversations

Post  Liam Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:55 pm

"they took the picture out of an old text, i posed for it cause a chronicler wanted to know what it was like to be an Undead Pirate." I shrug "i think half a crown at the time. they have the coloring wrong, and the Coatl wasn't dead"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Inconvenient Meetings and Disturbing Conversations - Page 2 Empty re:Disturbing Converstations

Post  Liv Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:57 pm

"Undead pirate?" I giggle, one hand over my mouth to try to stifle it. "Seriously? Undead pirate?" I take a breath, still grinning. "So, I take it the little creature, the....coatl? It was poisonous?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Inconvenient Meetings and Disturbing Conversations - Page 2 Empty Re: Inconvenient Meetings and Disturbing Conversations

Post  Liam Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:05 pm

"it was the 1300's and I needed money, how was I supposed to get honest work when i was a half decayed corpse?" I ask calmly "and yes, highly, though if you can get them tamed they are loyal to death. that little guy was almost as big as me when he died, he was how i found out about my "resets" before the companies cracked down on us scoundrels" I chuckle at the memory
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:08 pm

"Sounds amusing." I say, and with a last glance at the poster and a last chuckle, I turn away. "All right, mr. model, know anywhere to eat hereabouts? I need something in my belly after all that, Djhuety could use something too, and Mathias hasn't seen much of the Nightside. I say we find a restaurant."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:17 pm

" I was a captain damnit, and what are ya in the mood for?" I smirk "prons? catfish, lawyer. . . no too slimy after catfish, steak, hypocampus, bar food?" I can't help but chuckle at some of the looks i am getting "believe me i was being tame" I remark
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:27 pm

"You still looked silly. And I'm not choosy. Catfish, that sounds good...but really I'll go for anything that isn't barfood." I say, shrugging. Then I think about what I just said. "Or toxic. Or repugnant." I amend.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:36 pm

"come on then off to the "guilded cage" I grin and lead at a jaunty pace smiling since i can enter there again, they said 'don't come back while your dead' and i should still have some of my debit there. Oh this should be good, if they are still open
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:10 pm

The motto over the door of the Gilded cage reads 'Gild the Lily of Life.' Though it might as well have been 'if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.' I reflect as we step inside. Every surface is inlaid, gilded or enameled in tones of gold, bronze and shades of purple. The wait staff are six-foot tall gold homunculi, shaped like perfect human men in every respect. The male organs on them are enormous.
One of the homunculi stops in front of our party."You're very welcome to the Gilded Cage." it says, nodding politely. Then it looks at Liam. "You, on the other hand, are not welcomed. You are on our banned list. Permanently. So turn around and go back out the door like a nice little boy, or this time we'll chop you in bits and feed you to tomorrow's entree."
I blink in surprise, and glance over at Kaija. *wonder what he did to get on their nerves?* she shrugs, as surprised as I am. Liam only smiles, but it's that smile I'm coming to know as a sign that something dangerous is minutes from happening.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:39 pm

"Check your Diagnostic Spell again Jimmy, as well as the Exact wording on the contract of my Ban, you will find the requirement has been reached and therefore according to your own establishments policies and Protocols I am once again welcome, Beyond that your Mistress still owes me an sum that is more then slightly staggering given the amount of time even with a Low interest rate, considering there was nothing within that contract to Allow her to back out on payment." I tilt my head to the side "Or do I need to find my Old crew and remind them where this place is?" I let the words hang a little " I am sure you remember Rodney don't you?" I continue to smile, "so run along and get your mistress, so we can talk, there are some new comers and I wanted to show them a bit of class, though you seem to have let that slide, along with your sense of proportion"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:50 pm

The homunculi stiffens, and marches out of the room.
"You know," I say softly, "I'm really fine with eating in peace at a pizza parlour. I don't think, in the state Djhuety and I are in, that settling old debts is..."
I break off as a woman comes striding into the room. Clothed from neck to ankles in a cloth-of-gold dress that sets off her blue-black skin, she studies Liam carefully.
"Well isn't this a thing." she says in a slow, rolling cadance, "Old Bjornson. Thought I'd seen the last of you. And look at you...." she rakes him with her eyes, licking her lips. "Fresh as a daisy and twice as tasty. Who'd you make a deal with, Vilmar? Or should I say what?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:00 am

"Hello, and that is a name i have not been called In a Long time." I make a slight bow falling into old almost mockingly courtly manners "And none of them, how this occured is a bit of a secret and a story to be told another time. Since requirements were reached shall we return to the old arrangement, though the names will be changed from my old crew members to the lot you see around me with a couple others. You have my word that I am not the same Trouble maker I once was, Full memory can do that to a soul. I make no promises for Ignacy simply because he has a tendency to make them invalid." I hold the smirk" though last i heard Rodney was still looking for those bites you took out of him"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:11 am

The woman grins, displaying teeth that glitter. I blink. They aren't teeth. They're jewels: citrines and diamonds. "Don't know why; wasn't all that tasty. And as long as he's not with you, well, s'pose you can come on in." she looks at us all langorously, her eyes smouldering. "Huh. This bunch don' look like your usual, Vilmar. Soft, they are." She smiles again, and licks her lips. "Soft and tasty, all cept the dark one. You introduce me, Vilmar?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:17 am

I smirk "they may seem soft but they don't blink when Walker comes around, otherwise another time, I am sure he will make his way back if the drinks are potent enough" I smile "the old room Miss Heldottir?" I prompt smirking "And these days I go by Liam,"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:26 am

She smiles again, a challenging smile. "Is that so now? Well, everything do change, don't it?" she turns, sweeping from the room. "Your room's open even. Now, you come on for Heldee, she find you a seat."
The woman leads us up a flight of stairs, and opens a door, standing beside it to usher us in. She studies each of us, smiling like a cat who knows the fish can't get away. She murmurs a comment as each of us passes through; Kaija giggles, Lilly's face goes impassive as a statue, and Djhuety blushes red as a beet.I nod respectfully, trying to pass through the door quickly. A shudder runs up my spine with the woman's finger. "Pretty thing, you. Your momma must have boffed some fine chinaman to get you. If you wan' a little fun, I pay real good."
I try not to make a face. "Thank you, m'lady, but I'm....fine." I dart past before she says another word.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:38 am

Walking into the old room is distinctly odd, the old furnishing are well maintained, if gaudy in a nautical sense, seeing what she is doing "Miss HelDottir. I believe some sweetmeats and a Good Porter are in order to start. Nothing Human or Human Like, and yes limit it to safe for regular people. we do have some things to discuss but if you wish to join us after that you are more then welcome. Usual rate for the room?" I smile and put an arm over Livs shoulder, the silent message of 'hands off' " and make sure the bugs are off, magical and otherwise, I would hate for Ignacy to do it"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:44 am

I take a seat cautiously, watching warily as the door closes. "Well" I say softly, "That was....interesting." The others nod or look away. Only Ignacy is grinning, and it's a manic grin.
I glance around the room. "Ah. The Jack Sparrow Room. How nice."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:53 am

I roll my eyes and sit. " it was the style at the time besides the food is good, if you know how to talk to the staff. " wincing at some of the garish decor "since we have the new guy are we goign to bar hop again?" I smirk Gesturing to Mathias "if you are up to it that is"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:00 am

"Again?! You do remember what happened the last time we did that, right?" If anything, Ignacy's grin widens. Djhuety makes a face, and Mathias looks interestedly between us. I pull a menu towards me, looking it over as the only available avenue. The past few minutes have filled my head with questions, at least ten of which are clamouring for answers. But it isn't my place to ask, I remind myself. It's not good to pry....but some things I've got to know.
"Who is she?" I ask as casually as I can. "And what is she?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:09 am

I begin to laugh, harder after I catch Kaija Glaring at me "yes I remember, we had Fun, and forgot for a little while a few burdens." my look becomes pensive "I really don't know, never found out, though keep anything you want to keep away from that mouth of hers" I chuckle " Putian put it back she will serve you to other patrons if she catches you."
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:19 am

I glare at Lily, who sullenly replaces a jeweled miniature ship. "I do NOT want to deal with trouble here. Don't do anything that causes us to." Lily glares at me. I hold her eyes for a moment, and then turn away. "By the way, Liam, next time I say 'let's go out for dinner' I'd like to go somewhere where we're not likely to become dinner or entertainment. Keep it in mind, will you?" Then I look over the menu. "Hm. Fish. Fish is good. I can trust fish enough to eat it. I think. And bread." I sit back. I really do need to get some food; I'm shaking again. I badly need food to replenish my energy after everything I did. I swallow, and my throat twinges. "And tea. I could use tea."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:36 am

" You and Dejuhty were nearly collapsing, it was closest, would you rather ignacy and i carried the two of you home?" I smile "and it is one of the few places i am owed money that has good food," almost as if on cue one of the homoculi comes in with a bottle of rich red porter and a tray of sweet meats "Thankyou" I say as the leave enjoying the look of surprise on their face. when the door closes.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:27 pm

"Well, I suppose..." I admit reluctantly. "But next time warn us." I smile at the sight of the meat. "Now this, I need..." But despite my hunger, after a few minutes I stop eating. This isn't fish or fowl or rabbit, it's red meat of some kind. Red meat. I keep eating this and I'll be sick. I switch from the meats to the rolls that were set on the table. Much better.
"And you've got a point. The food is quite good. I'm just hoping the ingredients aren't anything I wouldn't want to know about."
I lean back, finishing my third roll. "So, when was the last time you were here?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:41 pm

"500 years or so, not long before the ship was run aground." I smirk "and it is good to finally taste it." looking around "I am surprised I was this tasteless though." I see kaija and ignacy Are devouring the sweetmeats quicker then I even did my first night alive again "and it looks like they are hungrier then you two. Lilly could you kindly do me a favor? Follow a homonculus to get to the kitchen I think we need other foods"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:51 pm

"Fish or bird meat would be lovely." I say. Lily tips two fingers to her brow in a mocking salute. "Right gov." She slips out the door. I bite into another roll. "I hope they've got something. I'm starving."
A few minutes later, Lilly is back with a homunculus carrying a platter with what looks like two roasted chickens. My mouth waters. It's a good few minutes before I look up from my food, and realize that Lily is smiling to herself like a child who's gotten away with something. Her hands play with the pockets of her coat. A cold chill runs through me.
"Lilly?" I say, and my voice holds a note of questioning command.
She glances over. I hold her eyes. "Empty your pockets, will you?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum