The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secrets Best Kept

4 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Secrets Best Kept - Page 2 Empty Re:Secrets Best Kept

Post  Liv Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:37 pm

I nod slowly, thinking. "I was surprised at the time. But what with all that went on down there, it wasn't at the top of the list." Then I glance sharply at the place I had scrubbed clean of blood. "The blood on your brow was near fresh, but you had no wound. You...heal faster? How? You mentioned trolls, but they have no healing ability."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Secrets Best Kept - Page 2 Empty Re: Secrets Best Kept

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:41 pm

i say "some do some dont turns out there was many different kinds of trolls" i continue "hitler built a research facillity in the mountains of norway some conspiracy theorists call it the ubermensch program, the scientists isolated the healing abillity of the trolls and took the genes of the best athletes in the world aswell as some other more unsavory things id rather not guess at and pumped soldiers full of it" i wait for a moment as i let her take in what i say.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:43 pm

"So." I say carefully, "Human, but with the blood of other races in you. That explains a lot."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:48 pm

i smile "well it was more of a direct gene splice actually, hitler initially request two full divisions of these warrior born supersoldiers the men were hand picked by high command i was one of them" i take a bite of the scone, "not a single one of these men reached the front lines we were all massacred by the russians but they didnt decapitate us or cut out our hearts" i take a drink of water "the winter after we arose from the shallow mass graves the russian had dug and we went back to the fatherland to fight the enemy or so we thought".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:50 pm

I shudder. "Nasty. And so, you went home? Did you find...well, anything? A place, a life, after the war?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:55 pm

i smile sadly "we found our cities as burning rubble and our women still being raped by the russians", i sigh as i continue "we looted secret arms stockpiles that had been left behind by german high command in case germany ever had to fight a guerilla war and fight we did for a year we crushed the russians", i smile as i say "you see its hard to beat thirthy thousand nigh unkillable soldiers who are stronger faster and generally superior than you in every way".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:57 pm

I nod, but I avoid his gleaming eyes. The emotions in his head are unsettling to look at. "I'd imagine so." I say quietly. "So then, bounty hunting?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:02 pm

"no thats only recently as i said we fought the russians for a year before we started loosing, they brought in so many men that we didnt have ammunition to take them all, im one of a handful survivors boyd was also one" i continue "after that bloody affair i became a mercenary with the rest of the survivors fighting in every major war since then, we fought for the NVA in vietnam and the north koreans in the korean war" i sigh "eventually we split up and well i guess thats about it".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:06 pm

I nod slowly, still avoiding his eyes. "A hard story, and a bloody one. The world has not been kindly to you." I glance up. "Is that what you want to do? Be a fighter?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:08 pm

i simply stare at her "im a biologically engineered weapon whether i like it or not i cant change the past"

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:12 pm

I stare into his eyes. "And I'm a half-human mistake who nearly died at birth and probably disappointed many by failing to do so. The past, no, we can't change it. But the present, that's ours, to make whatever we like. We are who we are. Not who we have been."

Last edited by Liv on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:14 pm

i smile and say "that is true but the past will follow me for the rest of my life besides i kinda like being a soldier it means i get to burn stuff".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:16 pm

At that, I burst out laughing. "You are such a pyromaniac! I hope the House has made your room fireproof. In fact, I think I'll tell it to."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:24 pm

i smile and say "that reminds me, im cooking napalm and im gonna need to chat with liam later about an idea i got" then i get up from the chair do a 180 and walk out of the door looking for rum.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:27 pm

I stare after him, nonplussed. "You seriously worry me sometimes, my lad. You truly do." I murmur to myself, then raise my voice, calling after him. "Don't blow yourself up, please. I'd hate to spend a few hours scraping you off the walls."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:42 pm

I Fairly Bounce out of bed the mild vertigo a pleasant reminder of the night before. Shaking myself a moment I stand intent on making my way to the kitchen before sniffing the air and noticing i need to change clothes. how the others put up with the scent of bleach and embalming fluids that my clothing reeks of. Once in clothes that don't quite smell like a mortuary I make my way to the kitchen whistling as I do. I stop when notice Liv sitting nursing some tea "early riser girlie?" I ask cheerily moving on to rummage through the fridge and begin cooking "and have you eaten?"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:26 pm

I shrug. "Sort of, I had a scone. I'm not much hungry." I glance into the kitchen as Liam rummages about. "I'll take eggs, if you're making them, I suppose. You look in fine fettle. Don't tell me I'm the only one with a hangover."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:34 pm

I laugh into the fridge as I rummage for some eggs "Oh you aren't the only one, but even this mild discomfort is a blessing to me." I reach for a sealed container "Besides a hangover is just proof you had fun the night before." I open the container and sniff it "Is this salmon still good?" as I grab some eggs and sausage.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Secrets Best Kept - Page 2 Empty Re: Below the Earth

Post  Liv Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:22 pm

"Should be, I caught it quite recently." I say. "Throw some salmon in with the eggs. That actually sounds good."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:35 pm

I grin a little as begin cracking eggs into a bowl, a pair of pans warming on the stove. Soon the scents are almost overpowering as the food cooks so of course I have to steal a link or two out of the pan or a small bit of salmon "it will be up in only a little bit, Glad we restored my memories or this would have been awkward" I laugh soon there are several omelets ready for the others when they arrive, hopefully their stomachs can handle it. " I hope i hadn't forgotten too much" i laugh sliding a plate in front of Liv with others still steaming about the table for the others when they arrive.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:52 pm

I take a careful bite of the salmon and eggs, but my stomach fails to rebel, so I take a few more. "Mm." I say, swallowing the sweet fish, "This is exactly what I needed. Thanks." I'm more hungry than I would have thought, and soon the plate of salmon and eggs is picked clean. I glance up. "I'd better get the others, or they'll be missing breakfast." I tap on Kiaja's door, and she comes out bleary eyed and tousel-haired. "Breakfast." She mutters something unintelligible and shuffles down the hall. I knock on Edgeworth's door, then open it slightly. "Edgeworth, breakfast's ready..." I stare at him, suddenly concerned. He lies in bed, and the colors in his head are the colors of sickness, deep grey, sluggish vomit greens. I step over beside him, laying my hand on his forehead, and almost snatch it back. He's burning up, hot as an ember. My brow furrows in concern. He's far too hot. I've got to get that temperature down. I stride into the bathroom, soak a cloth in cold water, and lay it across his forehead. Then I hurry into the kitchen, pulling herbs from my cabinets, my eyes intent.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:58 pm

seeing Liv to the herbs which I recognized from her previous tending of others injuries "My cooking wasn't that bad was it?" then looking over to her and seeing it isn't self worry that motivates her "who is it?" the half eaten omelet forgotten nearly immediatly
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:04 pm

"Edgeworth," I say shortly, "he's got a fever. Very high. Dangerous. I need to get it down." Pouring willowbark, feverfew, peppermint and the rest into my mortar and pestle, I blend them with quick, hard movements, glancing at the kettle sitting on the counter. I hit it a little Power, and it screams out its whistle as the water within boils.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:13 pm

I begin rummaging for a funnel, unfortunately the only one I can find is a canning funnel "okay let's go" I say gesturing for her to lead on
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:17 pm

I kick in the door with a bottle of rum in one hand and dragging a handcart i had stolen from a homeless man filled with guns ammo soap and gasoline in the other "i found the rum!".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next