The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Marks of Breeding

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Marks of Breeding - Page 2 Empty Re: The Marks of Breeding

Post  Djehuty Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:42 pm

I glance down, "Iron burns? No... just a rash; nothing serious, just shows up occasionally." I look closer at her marks. The similarity is obvious, but I shake my head in denial.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

The Marks of Breeding - Page 2 Empty Re: Below the Earth

Post  Liv Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:44 pm

I meet his eye. "Those are iron burns, Djhuety. Not as bad as mine, but iron weakness all the same.That elf, he said you’ve got Sidhe blood. I think… I think he may have been speaking truth.”
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:46 pm

i suddenly twitch up and say "whos this she you are speaking about and will i have to burn her?"

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

The Marks of Breeding - Page 2 Empty Re:the Marks of Breeding

Post  Liv Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:48 pm

I glance at Ignacy, who's grinning blearily.“The Sidhe are one of the greatest of all the Kindred. The eldest, and the most venerated of all the Kinds. Older than the Elves. They are legendary, for what they have done and for what they do today. The greatest leaders, the greatest knowledge keepers, the greatest diplomats come from Sidhe kind. ” By the time I've finished speaking, his head is already thudding on the table.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:50 pm

drooling with my head face down in the table i say "can i still burn her?"

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:52 pm

"All the more reason that I can't be one. He called me their rubbish, not their kin; its kinda stretching it associating me with the elder fay." I glance look at Liv reprovingly.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:54 pm

"Bollocks." I say desicively, "elves say that anyone with mixed blood is rubbish. It's in their nature to be absolute pricks. And there is an easy way to tell for sure. Say something for me. Something with power in it. It can be anything, something simple is fine.”
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:58 pm

Shrugging, "Our next round of drinks is on the house."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:00 pm

i say "great i could use a drink" as i my hand goes limp and i spill ale over my face from the cup in my hand.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:03 pm

I watch the magic spark through his mind. Magic colors a mind that uses it, laying like a web over the individual’s thoughts, and the color of it is the easiest way in the worlds to tell one lineage from another. Human magic is silver or white, the color of lightning. Kindred magic follows the colors of the sun; from the predawn gray of the Edera, to the white sunrise gold of the elves, down to the sunset red of the Lankins and Borrowers and city-born magics. Cousin magic, the magic of the shapeshifters like my mother’s clan, is the amber of midmorning light. I’ve been told my magic is amber with a white center. But Djhuety’s magic, though white, is tinted. Around the edges, it is a deep blue, the blue of the sky expecting the sun. The color of the world before dawn. I have only seen that color before once, and if I had not seen it then, I would barely believe this.
“Sidhe.” I breathe, “You’ve got…Djhuety, you’ve got Sidhe blood.”
Djhuety's eyes fade into deep, reddish purple. He opens his mouth, but before he can speak the bartender lays a tray of mugs on the table.
"Here you go, folks. On the house. An apology; we don't normally let scum like elves in here." I watch him as he turns away, then turn back to meet Djhuety's eyes. "You can't explain that away, Djhuety. You have power. Sidhe power. For the Sidhe's greatest ability is to weave the world about them." Djhuety's eyes turn red.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:05 pm

"hes got her blood? does that mean i got to burn him too? cus yknow i kinda like him"

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:08 pm

I shake my head, and lean over Ignacy, singing a few crooning, low notes. In a moment, he's fast asleep and snoring loudly. "He needed that." I say aloud. Liam and Kiaja both nod fervently.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:20 pm

I feel the blood coming to my cheeks.
"I'm nothing special! Wouldn't I know it if I was born of Elder blood?" Behind my head, Sylus shakes his head, trying to catch the Liv's attention before being detracted himself by a lusty looking sphinx that approaches, her bared breasts thrust provocatively in his direction. She passes, whispering low in Sylus's ear before continuing onward. Muttering, Sylus tips his head down, then opens his eyes wide and turns to follow, tail held high.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:21 pm

i mutter "damned birds get more action than me".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:24 pm

I sing six notes, and Ignacy passes out again. If he doesn't stop drinking he's going to be sick; I think I much prefer helping him start to sleep it off. Then I turn, and smile very slightly as I watch Sylus wrap his tail around the sphinx's. "Well, guess the tomcat in him is coming out." I turn back to Djhuety, but before I can say a word Edgeworth hiccups and falls out of his chair, dead asleep.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:29 pm

I survey our group, each at various stages of intoxication. "I think we'd best end the party before someone ends up in a body bag. Any idea how we're going to get these," I indicate the unconscious heads on the table, "back to the borrow without getting eaten by a taxi?"
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:30 pm

i say "can we pick up soap and gasoline before we go?" and then my face descends on the table again.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:35 pm

"Well, we could carry them..." I glance up at Liam, who's swaying a little, and Djhuety, who still looks shaken. "On second thought, bad idea...let's try this..." Calling up the emotion of stepping out on the first day of a long journey, the freedom and purpose, I warble a few bars of a marching song into each man's ear. They sit up; they're not really sober, but close enough. It worries somewhat that Ignacy's eyes are still closed, but at least he's standing. I shrug. "Best I can do. Come on; let's get them to bed."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:37 pm

as we walk out of the bar i topple several of the beverages on the bar.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:42 pm

I take Ignacy by the shoulders and guide him out, carefully avoiding the bouncers as his hands are held out blindly in front of him; as it is, he brushes up against Betty Coaltrain on the way out. I cast a sideways glance to avoid the murderous look the clouds her face as I mutter a quick apology as I push Ignacy hurriedly out into the street. The rest follow behind as Liv's voice weaves itself around us.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:47 pm

our brave heroes are now walking through the nightside shambling like zombies, several of the party members stumble over trashcans and ignacy manages to set himself on fire with a lighter in his coat pocket, insistent as the good pyromaniac he is he will not leave without soap and gasoline and goes so far as to try and siphon it from a cab which bites back and almost decapitates him.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:55 pm

After the nightmare of getting Ignacy and Edgeworth through the streets, I'm fervently grateful to unlock the door of my flat and shepherd everyone inside. I make everyone drink at least two glasses of water before retiring, but what with the state we're in, most of us are asleep in barely any time at all.
A few hours later, I wake from my first sleep of the night. My throat is parched. Slipping from bed, I pad my way down the hall. From open doors snoring rolls out; apperently Liam snores, though he's not a patch on Ignacy.
To my surprise, the kitchen light is on. Djhuety is seated at the kitchen table, nursing a mug.
"I'm impressed you're still awake." I say quietly. He starts, his eyes a sharp red as he looks up, though they fade quickly into a pleasant shade of violet. I take a seat beside him. "Waiting up for Sylus? He is part tomcat, so I'm fairly sure he's got plans tonight." I smile teasingly.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:04 pm

"Sylus takes care of himself... though a sphinx may be a little out of his league." I lay my forehead on the table next to the mug. "Can't sleep... too much running around my head."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:06 pm

"Anything you want to talk about?" I murmur, watching fears, pain and confusion chase themselves around my friend's head.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:09 pm

"Just bits and pieces don't fit... a lot came up tonight, and none of it makes any sense." I groan. "And to top it off, when I walk in, a cup of tea was sitting here waiting, just to remind me how much power I put into this damned barrow."
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum