The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Below the Earth

+3
Dunstfinkler
Liam
Liv
7 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Below the Earth - Page 9 Empty Re: Below the Earth

Post  Liam Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:43 pm

I continue to keep myself slightly less confrontational then i normally would though it chafes to do so, "As he said we seek the water that can do such, my Friends have helped me make it thus far, without their aid i would have failed long before. again we have offered no insult and yet you arrive blades bared and acting as if an army was about to march across your land raiding your folk," I smile at the Man "Further, you seem to really wish to play a word game with a bard and one of two dead men who can tell tales?" I ask calmly the tone becoming just a little more monotone then it has been of late "what does your King ask for such a boon"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:49 pm

I swallow. "We bring stories and tales of the worlds below as tribute, and would ask to tell His Majesty His own true story." I try to project my voice, but it seems to catch a moment, causing my voice to crack.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:00 pm

I step forward. "We bring the treasure of tales, of song and story and wonders never seen. Story so true that they come alive before your eyes." I infuse the words with a subtle hint of excitement and anticipation. Tilting my head, I ostentatiously flutter my eyelashes. I can be as smarmy and silly as the next girl when I like, and men have always fallen for that. "Will you let us share our gifts? I vow you'll not regret it."
For a long moment, the men stare at us. Then, finally, the lead man raises his hand, turning his mount. "Follow us." he says, gruffly.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:06 pm

Leaning in as we follow behind the Pack, I lean in an whisper to Liv, "This could be tricky... I haven't told true tales to entertain since college. I hope you know what we're getting into." I concentrate on my feet for a moment. "Lets have some fun." I smile, looking up and forward as a memory slips in.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:10 pm

I give Djhuety a quick smile. "Don't worry. It's the same as busking. And I'll be beside you. After busking for Nightside crowds, I can handle anything."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:13 pm

i take stock of my inventory and notice its pretty slim i say "im pretty much all out of juice if we get into trouble, i got one bottle and half a magazine left" and a second later i add "and a cursed handgun" as an afterthought.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:24 pm

"for the sake of the famous last words. it Could be Worse" i emphasize the words slightly as if daring the fates to drop a shoe "after all I need a new boot i think" the words not coming out without my realization. The spear making a good walking stick for now as we follow out guides or guards whichever they seem to be. i am truely not sure what to make of them at this point for all my posture i am actual very tense and worried what will happen to my companions after all what else can resonably happen to me after this long? . . and why did that thought feel like a mistake
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:36 pm

We're led down the road, the warriors riding single file in a box formation around us, forcing us to move at a trot to match the pace of the beasts and keep out from under their feet. After a few miles, the road becomes cobbles, and buildings, square structures with sharply delineated copper roofs. Beyond, great white pallisade walls rise, and we pass inside. Men and women, dark haired, dark eyed and chestnut skinned, pause to stare openly as we pass. As we move, the buildings grow ever grander, until at last we come to the end of the promenade. Ahead of us looms a vast building. It's what the the Palace of Versailles would have looked like if it had been copied by a mix of Egyptian and Aztec builders; huge and ornate, covered with geometric designs.
Ahead, the wide doors open. The men hand us over to other guards at the door. These men, bearing spears of copper and silver, are covered from head to toe in shining gold paint, making their skin and their shaven heads glisten in the bright noonday light. From every side, men and women step away from their work, curious and wide-eyed.
More guards take charge of us in the great long hallway beyond the next door, and the process repeats five or six times. All the time, more and more people join the press around us, all at least half a head taller than Djhuety, towering over us, staring at us as if we were new zoo exhibits. Hands reach out to touch our shoulders, our heads. I shy away from the touch. Sylus launches himself into the air to avoid the groping hands, and men and women laugh with low, musical voices. Finally, we are led into a small, intimate room gleaming with copper and gold. The packed people within turn the air hot and clammy, smelling of sweat and incense. Light shimmers over every surface, dazzling the eyes. The only rest for the eye is a doorway, covered over by layers upon translucent layers of shimmering silk curtains, of blood red silks, fine as a spider's web. Behind them, the eye can just make out the silhouette of a seated figure, man shaped. Now I understand why the song calls him 'the Secret King'
"Well?" The voice is deep, low and resonant.

Last edited by Liv on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:50 pm

the grin slides from my face as we are shamelessly groped by the people pressing though wedge of guards, as much as being calm with them chafes my nerves their presence keeps the meeker civi's away. not enough keep me from growling at bolder hands though. At the comand to follow i grimace, my teeth already on edge, though warning glance from liv and a well placed elbow from Kaija indicates they know what i am thinking.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:13 pm

With a sharp look at Liam and Priest and a warning glance at Ignacy, I step forward, calling up the high court manners I was taught half a century and more ago. I bow deeply. "King of the Land, we greet you with all honor. We are most grateful to attend upon you." I glance back at my friends. *bow.* I think clearly as I can, meeting each of their eyes.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:26 pm

the wry smile returns as I holding the thought of " i am not that foolish yet" followed closely by a deep bow, on foot kicking out behind me in a nearly showmans bow. before looking about the kings court room covertly
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:28 pm

i look around me with my best unimpressed glare and say "ive seen better" folding my arms in a snobby manner

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:45 pm

I glare at Priest and Ignacy, who are both standing stubborly as the rest of us bow after our own fashions. Then the King speaks, his voice like bitter chocolate.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:52 pm

"You come from the world below, where long years ago many of our own forsake us for; since that time, many have returned, seeking glory or power from us, to be lifted up. Some came to seek favors, always selfish... What makes you different." His voice takes on a smile that chills my blood. "What will permit you to return from whence you came when your business is completed?"
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Gray-Fox Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:00 am

Priest
I stood tall, not bothering to bow. I didn't give a damn who this guy was. I'm fucking immortal damn it.

King
The curtain raised a bit so I could see the vistors to my realm. Been long since I've seen people enter my realm. Though my acting was rather poor, I gave it a shot to try and cure my boredom.
"Who dares enter my realm without tribute?" I ask the vistors in a rather lazy and borish tone of voice.

Last edited by Gray-Fox on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Gray-Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:02 am

"We offer our words, oh King." I reply calmly, "Great and true tales, tales so true that they can be touched, felt, and seen. We bring our gifts, if you will but allow us to give them."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gray-Fox Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:07 am

King

I let out a snort. I lift up my gold goblet which is full of wine and take a drink from it.
"Nope. Sounds too boring. I want something better. So your gonna have to offer me something better than that." I reply.

Gray-Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Djehuty Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:15 am

"We have little else to give... what would you have of us?" I stare questioningly at the shadowed figure.
Djehuty
Djehuty

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:17 am

I glance at Djhuety in uncomfortable surprise. Our trump card was just laid and discarded. What now?
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:20 am

"I grant you my life. To take it, or do with it as you like. This," points to Liam "is my only flesh and blood. Let me do what I can to save him. We may fight, but I will go willingly if you ask it, My Lord."

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:24 am

I gasp, my eyes widening. I can't believe what I just heard. I turn to the girl, shouting in my mind*Kaija!!!* but I'm shut out of her mind. Her face is cold, determined. with my heart in my throat, I glance at Liam. His face is a mask of shock, even his dead eyes afraid, though the fear is swiftly fermenting into anger.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gray-Fox Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:25 am

(Joke post)
King
I sit on my throne for a moment pondering this question. I take one more drink from my goblet and set it down on my arm of my throne. I then lean forward.
"I have two simple tasks. First you must bring me a shurbery. I rather nice looking one, that isn't too cheap and not too expensive, but is rather respectable looking. Then once you have completed this task," I then pull out a fish from a bucket near my throne. "You must find the greatest, and mightiest tree in my forest and cut it down with this herring!"
I sit back in my chair with a grin on my face. This could just cure my boredom. "Do you except these terms?"

(Real post)
King
I sit on my throne for a moment pondering this question, and the request that was made. I take one more drink from my goblet and set it down on my arm of my throne. I finally came up with my decision. Screw the fight. I then lean forward.
"I have but one simple request, but before I ask it I must explain. I get rather bored here, and everything I have seen in these lands has gotten rather boring. I need some more excitement in my life. I am a single man, and all the women here I have found boring. Including the men. So my task is simple. Since I see a few women are in your group, there is my request for tribute. Flash me your hooties and you may pass. That is what I demand in tribute, for I am king in this land, and my word is law." I reply. I think sit back in my chair and begin to relax a bit. I grab my golden goblet and take another drink from it.

Gray-Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:26 am

Carefully, I pull the sash of my dress off and bind Liam to a nearby post. "This is for you brother. I love you."

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaija Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:29 am

Unties Liam "On second thought.....he hurt me brother...protect me? Or I'll kill the son of a bitch myself."

Kaija

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:42 am

I raise my head. "With all honor, my lord, I am a child of the Kindred, and this woman a child of a brave warrior people. We offered you honorable battle. We offered you tales and wonders. And yet you insult our honor. We are not whores to be treated as such. For that insult, you will have nothing from us. Learn well, oh King. Learn the sin of pride." Then I reach out my hands, and wrap my friends in glamour, sliding them from sight of the world, out of focus with the world. A great gasp and a babble of voices rises around the room. I pull my friends together. Unseen, unheard, we stride from the room. But on the threshold, I pause, and sing a fast series of notes. Men all around the room begin to cry out. I grin wickedly. For the next three hours, thinking they've become women should keep them distracted. Then we're moving. "Come on. We've got to find the garden, and fast. I can't keep this protection up forever."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next