The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silk Purses and Sow's Ears

4 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Silk Purses and Sow's Ears - Page 3 Empty Re: Silk Purses and Sow's Ears

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu May 31, 2012 9:51 pm

i pull the knife out of my ribs and say "i think il keep this one as a souvernir" covered in blood fuel tank on back and sword in sheath i fall face down into the floor my wounds already reknitting "i feel like ive been going twelve rounds in the ring with lena".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Silk Purses and Sow's Ears - Page 3 Empty re:silk purse, sow's ear

Post  Liv Thu May 31, 2012 9:55 pm

I frown. "You're a mess. Lily, help me get these two into the bath. All girls together, I'd say. Liam, you want first or seconds?"
Always the gentleman, Liam sends we girls into the bath first. It's a quick affair; stripping, scrubbing off blood and less pleasant fluids, and dry off, slip into clean clothes, address wounds, which are surprisingly few and far between.
Finally, we all settle in the living room, Lily stilll staring at us, amazed. I give her a wry grin. "Welcome home."
Amazement and something like joy flit through her mind. I don't need to see her thoughts to understand.
We fought for her. For some reason, that still amazes her.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu May 31, 2012 10:03 pm

i put on my guns and ammo boxers and a tea shirt that says *want to come danzig with me later?*, i stroll out into the kitchen and grab a cup of coffe from the kitchen counter.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Thu May 31, 2012 10:07 pm

Kiou managed to get to her room and begin changing into decent attire. However part way through it, everything went black and she fell to the floor with a heavy thud. All of it had simply been too much for her.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu May 31, 2012 10:09 pm

I give her a wry look. "You may be healed, but the rest of us are not so lucky. My muscles are stiff as sinew after that mess." A thud makes me jump, then leap to my feet. "Shit. Kiou."
With the others clustered at the door, I work to stop yet another seizure. Finally, I sit back, exhausted.
"What's wrong with 'er?" Lily asks, her cockney accent more pronnounced in her fear. I gaze up wearily. "You'd know better than I, my girl."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu May 31, 2012 10:11 pm

i sit next to her and do nothing, it feels terrible being so powerless to be able to move mountains yet being unable to do anything about this.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Thu May 31, 2012 10:17 pm

Kiou groaned as she flopped over onto her back; head lolling to one side as she looked at Liv. "You're in my room again... Why?" He speech was slow as she got her control back.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu May 31, 2012 10:19 pm

"I'll give you a guess." I state mildly, and nod as her eyes widen.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Thu May 31, 2012 10:25 pm

"Oh..." It's soft as it slips from her. "Well... I'm better now... So... So get out..." It holds none of the strength she had had previously. If anything, it almost sounded like a request.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu May 31, 2012 11:49 pm

i look at the others "what do we do?!" i say realising how hysterical i sound i stop at that.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:15 pm

I sigh wearily. "We remain calm, and we think. Both of you, quiet down." I turn to Lily, who's frowning. "Something has gone wrong inside her." She snorts. "Understatement of the year, that." I give her a slight smile. "I do believe it's in your area of expertise, this illness. It is surely not in mine."
She gives me a look as sharp as glass, and I repay her with a smile, encouraging, hopeful. "What say you? Give it a look?"
"This the reason you went to all the trouble to bring me back?" she remarks, her voice brittle again. I shrug. "It was a reason. One of many."
She frowns, then looks away, studying Kiou, who glares at her with the promise of bloodshed in her eyes.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:31 pm

my eyes narrow and i say "do we really have to have this conversation now? we rescued you I SHED BLOOD for you back there both my own and the enemies" i look at her a sadness having entered my eyes i plead "please.. just tell us what we need to do to help her".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Lily frowns. "I'm no bloody psychic. I got to get in there to find out what's up 'fore I'll know anything at all."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:40 pm

i sigh at least shes helping us instead of fixating on the bad things scratch that shes helping kiou not us.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:26 am

Kiou glared daggers at Lily as she approached. "Touch me and I will end you." Though some of her really did want the help that Lily would provide, the whole situation was utterly terrifying for her. She felt like a dog backed into a corner. And that fear only served to fuel her anger further. She needed to prove to herself that she was neither weak nor scared; hence the resulting anger.

Lily knelt softly beside her and she was honestly surprised to find that the other girl's hand was surprising soft and almost delicate as it wrapped around her wrist. Moments later, she could feel the telltale pressure of another mind within her that she had felt so long ago.

~~~~~

Within her mind, the other Kiou laid out on a futon in her wooden prison that was deep within the dark temple. From what she could gather, it was nearing night. Ever since her other self had began tampering with her, the seasons and even the day cycle had begun to appear here. Night would come soon though and then she would return. Idly, she ran a hand over the tattoo on her chest that her other self had forced upon her and wondered if she would return again tonight. Though, with all the earthquakes that had happened recently, she wondered if she would.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:33 pm

I touch Sori's Elbow and murmur "come on, it is Lily who can help now. I think you and I are long over due for some soldier talk" I smile as I turn back tot he kitchen "sound fair?"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:41 pm

soldier talk? whats he talking about? i shrug "ok?" and follow him into the kitchen.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:43 pm

I set up two glasses and place the bottle on the table "So in the last great war, what division were you in before the super soldier division?" I tilt my head to the side "we both fought I am wondering if we ever fought each other"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:47 pm

i think for a moment that was ages ago "hmm i think it was the 6th ss division a gebirsjaeger division named *nord*" i tilt the glass slightly against the table and ask "you?".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:58 pm

"I was in the R&D from day one, only let out to test what ever tweeks they did to my necromantically preserved body" I shrug "Floiran Greyer was an interesting unit to deal with though, part way through I went into a reset and was found and utilized by the allies, another reset back to the Nazi's. It really gets confusing to think back on to be honest." I take my shot "But no I never had the luxury of facing you."
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:01 pm

i shrug and down the booze "well if you were in R&D from day one i salute you probably helped me turn into what i am".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:03 pm

"yeah as a battery" I take another shot. "both sides were interested in how my body seemed to produce prodigious amounts of energy with no obvious drawbacks." I shrug "more annoying i would rather have life"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:53 pm

i take a shot "so where did you fight? and with who?".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:04 pm

I shrug. "I did several stints, mostly coastal work." I take another shot the answer is vague because after so many battles they begin to run together " who re-did your sword?"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:11 pm

i shrug and stroke beast on the back "some jap in an alleyway".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum