The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Somber Reunions

4 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Somber Reunions - Page 2 Empty re:reunion

Post  Liv Fri May 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Closing my eyes, reaching into my gift, I sing.
"Try that." I ask, sitting back once I'm done. "Should do to be going on with."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Somber Reunions - Page 2 Empty Re: Somber Reunions

Post  Dunstfinkler Fri May 18, 2012 6:42 pm

i stand up and shrug "well the pain is gone but the leg is still crushed" i scratch beast behind the ear and say "so what have you been up too?".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Fri May 18, 2012 10:28 pm

Kiou slid into a seat beside Sori as she looked Liv over. "I find it displeasing that you are back in an unharmed state. For all that you have done, I would have preferred you armless at least." Not that she would ever admit it but it had hurt her deeply that Liv had left her as well. She had thought that she finally had found a leader to follow only to find out that Liv had left. So much she had looked forward to receiving for saying her life only to be felt as though she too were cast aside.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat May 19, 2012 2:24 pm

The hint of comfortable amusement I'd been beginning to feel is drowned in Kiou's words. Turning, I meet her eyes, and hold them.
"An arm would have given me far less pain to lose than what I lost, girl." I cock my head, studying her. "I hurt you. I see that. You are still angered with me."
I'm doing this wrong. I should be showing compassion. But it is hard to have much sympathy. She thinks I failed her. But she did not feel this. She cannot understand. And she has no right to judge me. Not now.
"I regret that." I state, relenting. "And I regret that in all this time, you've still not learned to check that wild current of a temper."
I turn back to Sori. "Sorry about the injury. It's been there some time; your body's forgotten the way of it when it was whole, and so I had little to work with. You ought have seen a doctor, really, they could-" I trail off at Liam's warning glance. I'd forgotten. Sori hates medical people; not surprising after what she went through, I suppose.
I've forgotten many things, it seems.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sat May 19, 2012 2:37 pm

i smile sadly "theres nothing to be done liv im just growing old i age about half as fast as your peak human so im about 60 years old the augmentations the nazis made to my body are just slowly stopping" i shrug "guess il settle down soon enough" i smile "can you imagine me in an old folks home?".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat May 19, 2012 2:41 pm

I close my eyes, shuddering theatrically. "Yes, actually. Wheelchair with spikes and a deisel engine. Nurses hiding under the beds. Knitted gun holsters. My sympathies for any elder home that would take the risk."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sat May 19, 2012 2:44 pm

i shrug "i got a house in spain but youre not getting rid of me anytime soon".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat May 19, 2012 2:46 pm

I smile, a slight turn of the lips. "It is good to hear. And it is good to see you again. All of you. It has been too long."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sat May 19, 2012 2:53 pm

i half walk half limp over to the fridge and get a glass bottled coke i bite the cap off spit it in the sink and ask "so whats new with you?".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat May 19, 2012 3:04 pm

"Oh not much of note." I say, trying for a light tone. "Starving though." I step into the kitchen beside Sori, opening first the fridge and then the cabinets with growing dismay. "Hai mai. Soda and beer, rice and canned things and spaghetti and pizza and cereal. This is barracks fare! You lot eat worse than teenagers. Amazing you don't have scurvy and rickets into the bargain." I tap the refrigiratior. "Something edible, please."
A much more pleasing array of fresh milk and fruit and vegetables along with the soda and beer. There's a trout on the top shelf. The sight makes my heart clench. He taught this house to know me. To know my likes.
I shouldn't have come here. Everything in this place speaks to me of him.
I pull out an orange, and sit down, peeling it.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sat May 19, 2012 3:08 pm

i go for a pipe in my pockets and half fill it with tobakko a candlelight on the table flickers and the fire goes for a moment lighting my pipe i take a deep breath and blow the smoke on the ceiling "so we didnt get to say much last time we met and i didnt know him too well but my condolences" i take the pipe in my hand "but you know theres probably some way to get him back i mean there are some pretty powerfull people here in the nightside my 'family' included i could snoop around a bit for you see what i find".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat May 19, 2012 3:10 pm

I glance up, and give Sori a wry smile. "Am I so transparent these days?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sat May 19, 2012 3:14 pm

i shrug "im one hundred and twenty years old liv i may not show it much but im quite wise beside being a trained soldier i have a psychology degree and i know how to play the guitar us 'immortals' take steps too keep us from going insane" i take another blow from the pipe.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat May 19, 2012 3:18 pm

I smile slightly, my eyes on my fingers again. "Time is an odd thing. I must be....about a hundred and fifteen now, and it seems a little time. To you, it is an age. Odd."
Another bit of peel falls away.
Then something she said gets through.
"And what is this family you speak of? I thought you were alone these days."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sat May 19, 2012 3:21 pm

i shrug "well people like me you know augmented people apparently have our souls fused with jotuns from nordic myths and my 'mother' is the mother of the fire jotne im fused with its an odd thing but we dont kill each other and we try to help each other out except for lena which just want to bone me".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat May 19, 2012 3:28 pm

"Ugh." I wrinkle my nose at Sori's words. "She's still after you? Really? That's disturbing." To keep us off the painful subjects, I ask the crude one. "And I suppose the sex change didn't get taken into account?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat May 19, 2012 3:54 pm

I allow a ghost of my old smirk to curl my lip "Really you two are talking about how you are so old/young. I am around 1200 give or take a decade so what are you pups whining about" I then start gathering things to make a proper meal. A semblance of normalcy well our normalcy welcome. I can talk to liv later
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sat May 19, 2012 3:56 pm

i shrug "id like to remind you that you were dead most of the time and that you cant remember half of it".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Sat May 19, 2012 3:58 pm

It surprises me. By the end of the meal, between the two of them, Sori and Liam have me smiling, laughing. Almost in our old way. Almost.
It hurts. But it is good, too.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sat May 19, 2012 4:19 pm

I grin and after a bit throw a chunk of celery at Sori "smartass careful or I will bring up your sister last visit"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Sat May 19, 2012 4:28 pm

i shrug "do as you please doesnt change the fact that you were dead half the time and cant remember the other half".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun May 20, 2012 6:03 pm

"Are you implying that I'm senile?" I retort with mock indignation "somehow the comment of respect your elders seems as tasteless as her outfit when she met uou last time."i reach over and snuff a small candle that was burning in the window and pocket it before washing the wax off and returning to cooking. "it will be no banquet tonight but something homey and filling sounds unreasonably good. Kiou are you willing to help?" It seems cruel to me to leave her opinion out of what is homey for food since we are all home.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sun May 20, 2012 8:29 pm

"If you would like my assisstance with the meal preparing, then I will comply. ". Standing, Kiou silently went to the fridge to begin pulling out the fresh fish that was in there. Sushi seemed a fitting meal since the fish was so fresh. Laying it out, she began to expertly fillet the fish.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Sun May 20, 2012 10:18 pm

I watch Kiou's hand motions as she fillets the fish "good to see that your skills are not confined to the katana" I compliment then grabbing an apple I smirk and call "Liv! Heads!" tossing it over my shoulder at her "I do t want to have to try and think of something to out do the food. Coloring prank" before I start cutting ingredients for a couple of cold dishes I know.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Sun May 20, 2012 11:25 pm

"Both my mother and grandfather agreed that if I could not fillet a fish that was not moving, then I would never be able to flay a moving man." She finished her fillets and checked for bones. Confident that there were none, she basked in her work a moment before placing the fish on a plate and putting it back in the fridge.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum