The Nightside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Somber Reunions

4 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Somber Reunions Empty Somber Reunions

Post  Liam Thu May 17, 2012 11:10 pm

Six months. I look at the date on the wall. almost to the day it is six months since I sank an honored enemy beneath the waves. since one of our friends had been murdered our other one had left. since months since we had stories and songs that didn't revolve around drinking, wenching,or hiding what we are feeling. Six months since i came home to find a little sister who wouldn't speak to me thinking i hated her for anothers actions, since Kiou and Sori began to continually fight, except with gentle Kiou came out, six months of the group of us periodically being at each others throats or unable to be around each other because of tensions running so high. since months since i had taken to busking a little in hopes of running into our friend. of checking the lockets every spare moment. of nearly pacing a hole in the floor. Six months of wondering if and when her picture was going to fade from the lockets to indicate she is dead. and then out of no where "Hey I am home" rings through the house. Kaija is out doing who knows what Kiou and Sori are again training since there they don't kill each other and I am almost sure that what i am hearing is a spectre conjoured by my mind. Still I look and there in doorway is Liv. I am up a flash and baring the door "If you are who you look like tell me somtheing only SHe and I would know." I growl this wouldn't be the first person to wear her face that tried to enter and as much as i hope i am wrong, likely wouldn't be the last
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Somber Reunions Empty re:reunion

Post  Liv Thu May 17, 2012 11:15 pm

I meet his eyes. Hard anger behind them. Strange. He is....he was not so quick to anger.
I smile, very slightly. "I still owe you for an apple."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Somber Reunions Empty Re: Somber Reunions

Post  Liam Thu May 17, 2012 11:21 pm

I am torn being laughing and snarling and instead find myself pulling her into a hug "Don't Scare us like that again Liv." the words are a choked growl "This place is wrong without you." then turing in again "HEY YOU LOT" I yell busking has been good for making myself speak to be heard again "GET YOUR SORRY ASSES IN HERE LIV IS HOME." Kaija is the first, turns out she was home. bowling into liv as she so often did. I guess i have been too cold lately
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Thu May 17, 2012 11:27 pm

Kiou halted in her practice and groaned as she knew that tone. It would be simpler to simply see what he desired rather than press it off. "Sheathing her blade, she went to the front door to check on the visitor with her own eyes. "It is another in the likeness of Liv. I fail to see how this warrants our attention." Her tone was blunt and cold as she stared at the three of them."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu May 17, 2012 11:37 pm

I cocck my head. "So. They've used my form. I'll have that dealt with." To my dismay I realize that the English accent I worked at perfecting has rather fallen off. At a pinch, I sound Irish, but only just. My accent has reasserted itself. Too long speaking kindred tongues.
I nod to Sori, then give Kiou the same gesture of respect. "Did you ever get that chip integrated properly, my girl? Or...the two of you? Is that sorted as of yet?" I look her up and down, frowning. "Ah. I see not. Pity."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Thu May 17, 2012 11:46 pm

"You left. What did you think would happen?" Kiou was terse and blunt as she looked at her. "I accepted you as a leader and you abandoned us. I will find it hard to accept your words for some time." Liam had obviously been working with her on speaking her mind though it seemed nothing would stop her from spilling her anger.
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Thu May 17, 2012 11:51 pm

"A shame that is." I reply quietly. "But I had...much to attend to." I glance over the little group; Kaija grinning widely, Kiou cold and impassive, Sori with her arms crossed, Liam, studying me. He's always been more clever than he admits. I wonder what he sees.
"Where is Lily?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Thu May 17, 2012 11:54 pm

"it has been more then six months for you hasn't it? Lily was never returned to us. didn't even respond to the letter telling her what happened." my voice is soft. as I dig in the cupboard for some glasses "Kiou you need to drink more water when you train, please sit, it is almost lunch time anyways" then looking back to liv "We all have much to discuss and re learn i think"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kamurei Thu May 17, 2012 11:58 pm

Kiou's body worked almost on auto pilot to sit as Liam requested. Though her compliance was still spiteful. "Lily can rot in her hole. Her presence is still, as before, not required here."
Kamurei
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri May 18, 2012 12:04 am

"Still keep your tongue as sharp as your blade, kit." I comment with quiet, amused admonishment. It's easier than addressing Liam's question. "Well. We shall see what we will see. But first, tell me what goes on here. It has been a sixmonth for you. How does the Nightside?" I sit back. "And by the way, why haven't you lot been sleeping enough?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Fri May 18, 2012 12:23 am

"the nightside ebbs and flows as it always has, still tempting and cruel and unwilling to give he little ones a break" I mutter " I leave hang why we have not been sleeping, I can't answer the others but we have all been at things on our own, and I know why i have spent knights sleepless. now is not the time for accusations at least not from me.
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri May 18, 2012 11:28 am

I glance at him. He's dour today. Less of the usual smirk.
"Trust a man to be terrible at gossip." I say aloud, and turn to Kaija and Sori. Soon I've got them talking almost eagerly, as if it's a relief to them to speak. They ask a fair few questions of their own, and I tell them a little of where I was. The pretty things. The good things.
It must be hours that we sit and chatter, though Kiou wanders off quickly, bored and irritated. I do wish she was in her other state of mind.
Eventually, Kaija starts yawning, and I chivvy her off to sleep. Sori turns away with something muttered about taming the bitch tonight...I don't ask.
And then Liam and I are left in the kitchen.
"Well." I stand, intending to stretch.
A moment later, I'm blinking up from the floor, rubbing a spot just below my chest. I look up, baffled and annoyed. "And what was that for?"
He knocked me down. He just reached out and knocked me down, and now he's staring at me with his arms crossed, knuckles white.
I roll my eyes. "Honestly Liam, I'm me you idiot. I'm..." then I really look at him. Pain and anger in his head.
"I'm guessing you've got some things you should say aloud." I finish.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Fri May 18, 2012 12:13 pm

"You are damn Right I do Livieantreach na Sruth." I start and even I know how low my voice is "and before you start thinking this is an attack it is not." I take a deep breath "Do you honestly think i didn't notice that you evaded any question given you, that your answers were so carefully worded to give the illusion of an answer without a real one?" My voice is hard unyielding "what is visible on you is toned as only years of hard travelling can give which shows that you have been gone more then a sixmonth, as is your speech beyond that you are taller though not much. and through all that even i can near taste your grief." my voice is being kept low because this needs to be quiet for now that coppery tang of blood hits the air, damn i knew i should have clipped my nails, oh well "Don't try to tell me it was 'your duties' that kept you away. you and I both know that much of that would have gone easier if you had had even one of us with you. I understand wanting to be away from a place that hurts, But you have friends, you have another part of your family who sat worried about you, do you know how much we have searched. I understand you lost your husband but do you honestly think that at least two of us wouldn't have taken that blow and gladly?" I open my hand "The only reason i am even Alive is the efforts of both of you with the others. Don't delude yourself into thinking that we don't get it. all of us have been mourning for two of our friends, Weather we all want to admit it or not. so yes we are happy to have you back, But we could have been there for each other." I know the next words are going to be the harshest i will likely ever say to Liv "Isn't that what family does?" I reach in six months is a lot of time to learn new tricks turn on the tap washing the wounds away as well as the blood "I won't apologize for what I said Liv, with the possible exception of Kiou we love ya. all in our ways just don't forget that"
Liam
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri May 18, 2012 12:29 pm

I watch the water pouring quietly, sitting still for a long moment.
"Six years. Nigh to seven. I've been traveling six years."
The words hang in the air. I smile slightly, turning the ring on my finger absently, watching light glimmer on it. "And you're observant. I came into my full growth two years ago." His emotions shift slightly at that, and it makes me smile. "I told you I was scarce more than a child by my folk's standards. That wasn't an analogy."
I lower my eyes. "And though yo mean well, my friend, and you say you understand, I fear you don't. I didn't want to be alone. I had to be. Company would have been....unbearable. All the same, I should have sent word. I am sorry for that. I wasn't...it took some time before I was thinking right."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Fri May 18, 2012 12:33 pm

i get up and grab an old ak 47 using it as a cane to get up the leg brace rattling like a choir of the damned i limp out of my door shouting "Sis for the last time no i dont want any orgies and no i dont want any more work with you! last time i crushed my fucking leg!" and when i see its liv coming home i stop and look down to see if im wearing pants.

Last edited by Dunstfinkler on Fri May 18, 2012 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri May 18, 2012 12:35 pm

The sight of Sori, incongrounsly, makes me smile. "Some things don't change." I murmur, amused. "Want me to sing that leg aright again?"
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Fri May 18, 2012 12:40 pm

i turn around and limp back to my room dumbfounded beast now grown up quite a bit trotting after me.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri May 18, 2012 5:51 pm

"Or perhaps not." I murmur, looking after her. "That must have been quite the injury, if she still favors it."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Fri May 18, 2012 5:54 pm

i come back holding zerstorer now reforged into a long two handed khopesh after it shattered,fuel tank on back and sword in hand i say "want to do it this time or should i?" to kiou.

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri May 18, 2012 6:10 pm

I give her a dry look. "I swear by the bright gods and the dark, Sori, you don't have a cock anymore and you still think with it. Put the thing down, and sit. That leg's paining you, and if you'll hold still I can take a look at it and see what I can do."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Fri May 18, 2012 6:13 pm

i step back and raise the sword in a guard "piss off its a battle wound" i eye her carefully and ask "if you are liv what boxers do i wear?".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri May 18, 2012 6:16 pm

This time, I really do laugh. "You didn't actually get those boxers with hand guns on them, did you? Gods, you are such a....I'd hug you right now if I didn't think you'd stab me for it." I sit back, giggling. It's been a very long time since I laughed like this.
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Fri May 18, 2012 6:27 pm

beast growls at me and i sheathe the sword i look down at beast and say "no need to get your panties all up in a bunch geeze" beast whimpers digs his snout into the floor and put his paws on them i sigh and say to liv "whats wrong with those boxers?".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Liv Fri May 18, 2012 6:31 pm

"I'm not even going to try to explain." I chuckle. "Now, sit."
Both the dog and the woman sit, the dog wagging her tail. Aimee and Isis slip from my satchel, chirping, and land on Beast, who manages to slurp Ailin across the face with his great black-spotted tongue.
I smile.
"See they remember. Good."
Gently, I take off the brace, and lay my hands on Sori's leg. "Hmmm....woah. You have done this a damage. But I think I can see to it...if you wish."
Liv
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunstfinkler Fri May 18, 2012 6:33 pm

i shrug "it keeps me cautious you know ever since my second heart and tertiary lungs shut down things have been going downhill" i sigh "I remember when i could run straight through heavy machine gun fire those were the days".

Dunstfinkler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum