Words Of Power

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Words Of Power

Post  Kamurei on Thu May 17, 2012 10:05 pm

Adrianna watched through fading vision as Liv sang. In her weakness, even she succumbed to the power as it weaved through her. It scooped up her hate and took it painlessly from her before leaving her with a warmth and clarity she had never truly had or experienced before. "I.... was wrong..." Her glazing eyes teared up and spilled forth with tears of now knowing just what she had done to her. "Sorry..." It was the last thing to leave her before her life fully left her.

Kiou stood over her a little surprised that Liv's song could do so much to calm someone so full of hate. She would have to keep her eye on her from now on. Becoming a puppet of this kami would not turn out well in her opinion.
Kamurei

Back to top Go down

re:Words Of Power

Post  Liv on Thu May 17, 2012 10:09 pm

Slowly, shaking, I stand. There's a storm building in my chest, and too many eyes staring at me. Too much. This is all too much.
I need to go. Now.
I can't stand this.
I turn to my elders, and bow low. They kneel. All of them. Even the Puck kneels to me.
Then I turn, and walk off the hill.
The gathering is done with.
I wish I was.
Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam on Thu May 17, 2012 10:40 pm

I kneel down taking a cue from liv's actions, and picking up Adrianna's body "As Liv said, homecoming is a grand thing, none should be denied the right to rest where their home is, I will take her to the remains of the city she so coveted. let her rest there." I square my shoulders daring even my friends to challenge me for it before murmuring to Kaija "Please take the others home, Liv as much as she doesn't realize it is going to need us, let me do this." Other then liv i was the only one in our group to have a connection to the girl as i turn I murmur "I hope this is the last bloodshed between our peoples" knowing I will be heard by at least a few. it shouldn't take long this hill is 'The hill' and from here one should be able to go anywhere so I will stumble home as soon as I can.
Liam
Admin

Back to top Go down

re:Words Of Power

Post  Liv on Thu May 17, 2012 10:46 pm

I remember waiting until Liam was gone. I remember flinging the Gates wide. "Go. This will take you back to the Nightside."
I turn away.
Kaija tries to stop me, Sori too. But it's easy to sing myself into the glamour and the night in this place. You can't catch what you can't see.
I remember that.
I remember walking away.
For a long time, I don't remember anything else.

I would have been a fool if I had thought that was the end of it. That was barely the beginning.
For the next two years, I exist. I travel. I speak to every clan leader, every King and Queen of a Kind, every powerful creature, winning their respect and their grudging acceptance, if not their loyalty. I earned the chance to be listened to at least, by all halls and all Courts, and perhaps to be obeyed. Perhaps. I know my relatives too well to say that for sure. But they know me now, at least. We can build from there.
I think I cover more land in those two years than I had in twenty before this.
Before I set foot in the Nightside.
Before...
The pain is always there, of course. When I sit in a court, it eats at my belly. When I sing, all too often it comes out in my voice.
I do not sing so many happy songs those days. There are more laments, more lullabies, more ballads. But I do not force any other to feel this pain. Not ever. That pact I made to myself.
I am at my best when I return a little to who I was before I stepped into the Nightside. Best when I'm walking a road alone, hunting fish, teaching Ailin and Isis to hunt rabbits, building a fire. Then I can be at peace.
Until I shapeshift, and remember why I can. Or the light catches the ring on my finger. Until Isis snuggles close to me, and I am reminded of the shoulder she should have sat upon. Or until someone's laugh makes me turn, a note in it familiar and aching to my heart.
But I exist.
I have a duty. I must exist.
For now.
I travel in the worlds of men as well, sometimes. Working out trade agreements, quietly speaking to country leaders. The adjustments will be very slow, very subtle. But they will happen.
I do not seek the Nightside. Three years pass before I have even the slightest wish to see it. Three years is not long enough to dull the ache. And the wound in my heart where my husband belongs will, I fear, open a fresh in the places we once walked.
But eventually, there comes a day when I step back into the Nightside. It turns out that time had caught itself up in my travels, and what had been years to me had been months to those in this place where the sun never rises. It's so strange. I have changed so very much, gained and lost so very much, and yet nothing in the Nightside seems any different. It's still as sweet and dangerous as candy with a razor blade at the center.And soon, I'm knocking at a familiar door, and smiling at a well-remembered face. "Hey. I'm home."

Liv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top